The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1) 
If the wind calls at night, you must not listen. The wind is lonely, and always looking for company.
And there are no strangers in the town of Near.
These are the truths that Lexi has heard all her life.
But when an actual stranger-a boy who seems to fade like smoke-appears outside her home on the moor at night, she knows that at least one of these sayings is no longer true.
The next night, the children of Near start disappearing from their beds, and the mysterious boy falls under suspicion. Still, he insists on helping Lexi search for them. Something tells her she can trust him.
As the hunt for the children intensifies, so does Lexi's need to know-about the witch that just might be more than a bedtime story, about the wind that seems to speak through the walls at night, and about the history of this nameless boy.
Part fairy tale, part love story, Victoria Schwab's debut novel is entirely original yet achingly familiar: a song you heard long ago, a whisper carried by the wind, and a dream you won't soon forget.
This is so underrated I want to punch someone.The Near Witch was Victoria Schwab's debut novel, yes, the same author of Shades of Magic series. It's actually one of the first yafs I've ever read and loved. I had the pleasure of reading this right after it was released 5 years ago and I still read it from time to time. I read it whenever I feel a slump looming in the background. I reach for it whenever I want something ya but not romance-centered. It's like my go-to book to be honest. It reads
4+ StarsMy only complaint is that it was too short! The ending was so abrupt :/ hmhph

when i saw this in my local library, i thought VS secretly released a new book that was somehow kept quiet. so i was very interested when i found out that its actually a rerelease of her debut novel. reading an authors debut novel, especially after having read their other books first, can be tricky. all authors have to start somewhere, so if the writing or story isnt as great as a reader might be used to, it can be difficult to remember to not judge. but i do think its always enlightening to see
Funny how when we start to tell a secret, we cant stop. Something falls open in us, and the sheer momentum of letting go pushes us on.A dark and magical tale, that reminded me of The Woman in Black.I'm a huge fan of Victoria Schwab because her writing and her stories are amazing and unique. An expert in world-building, character-depth and originality, all set in a thrilling and mysterious mood like no other.The Near Witch is one of the author's earlier works. While it'll never be as good as
The Near Witch is...elegantly creepy. The Near Witch is....organically pretty and organically gross. Victoria Schwab's debut is one of lovely, moody, atmospheric writing. You'll smell the fresh baked bread. You'll breathe deep of crisp moor air. And you'll get gritty, loamy, dirt all up in your nose and mouth and eyes. It's quite the experience.I enjoyed the determined spark in protagonist Lexi. I enjoyed that I wanted to throttle those characters struck with mob-mentality. Or at least I wanted
Victoria Schwab
Hardcover | Pages: 284 pages Rating: 3.7 | 14260 Users | 2618 Reviews

Itemize Containing Books The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1)
| Title | : | The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1) |
| Author | : | Victoria Schwab |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 284 pages |
| Published | : | August 2nd 2011 by Hyperion Books |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Paranormal. Witches. Romance |
Chronicle Toward Books The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1)
The Near Witch is only an old story told to frighten children.If the wind calls at night, you must not listen. The wind is lonely, and always looking for company.
And there are no strangers in the town of Near.
These are the truths that Lexi has heard all her life.
But when an actual stranger-a boy who seems to fade like smoke-appears outside her home on the moor at night, she knows that at least one of these sayings is no longer true.
The next night, the children of Near start disappearing from their beds, and the mysterious boy falls under suspicion. Still, he insists on helping Lexi search for them. Something tells her she can trust him.
As the hunt for the children intensifies, so does Lexi's need to know-about the witch that just might be more than a bedtime story, about the wind that seems to speak through the walls at night, and about the history of this nameless boy.
Part fairy tale, part love story, Victoria Schwab's debut novel is entirely original yet achingly familiar: a song you heard long ago, a whisper carried by the wind, and a dream you won't soon forget.
List Books In Favor Of The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1)
| Original Title: | The Near Witch |
| ISBN: | 1423137876 (ISBN13: 9781423137870) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Near Witch #1 |
| Characters: | Otto, Wren, Cole, Lexi Harris, Magda and Dreska Thorne |
Rating Containing Books The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1)
Ratings: 3.7 From 14260 Users | 2618 ReviewsPiece Containing Books The Near Witch (The Near Witch #1)
I rather enjoyed this debut of one of my favourite authors. I knew, going into it, that it wouldnt be on Vicious level, or A Darker Shade of Magics, but regardless, it was also quite special on its own. It was atmospheric, very spooky and chilling...with ghosts and witches...with unwelcoming villagers and lost children...with unsolved mysteries and unjust witch-hunts. And I enjoyed every moment of it. Im definitely glad I gave this book a chance, considering that its always risky...reading aThis is so underrated I want to punch someone.The Near Witch was Victoria Schwab's debut novel, yes, the same author of Shades of Magic series. It's actually one of the first yafs I've ever read and loved. I had the pleasure of reading this right after it was released 5 years ago and I still read it from time to time. I read it whenever I feel a slump looming in the background. I reach for it whenever I want something ya but not romance-centered. It's like my go-to book to be honest. It reads
4+ StarsMy only complaint is that it was too short! The ending was so abrupt :/ hmhph

when i saw this in my local library, i thought VS secretly released a new book that was somehow kept quiet. so i was very interested when i found out that its actually a rerelease of her debut novel. reading an authors debut novel, especially after having read their other books first, can be tricky. all authors have to start somewhere, so if the writing or story isnt as great as a reader might be used to, it can be difficult to remember to not judge. but i do think its always enlightening to see
Funny how when we start to tell a secret, we cant stop. Something falls open in us, and the sheer momentum of letting go pushes us on.A dark and magical tale, that reminded me of The Woman in Black.I'm a huge fan of Victoria Schwab because her writing and her stories are amazing and unique. An expert in world-building, character-depth and originality, all set in a thrilling and mysterious mood like no other.The Near Witch is one of the author's earlier works. While it'll never be as good as
The Near Witch is...elegantly creepy. The Near Witch is....organically pretty and organically gross. Victoria Schwab's debut is one of lovely, moody, atmospheric writing. You'll smell the fresh baked bread. You'll breathe deep of crisp moor air. And you'll get gritty, loamy, dirt all up in your nose and mouth and eyes. It's quite the experience.I enjoyed the determined spark in protagonist Lexi. I enjoyed that I wanted to throttle those characters struck with mob-mentality. Or at least I wanted


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.