Books Online Download The Yearling Free

Share:

Point Books Conducive To The Yearling

Original Title: The Yearling
ISBN: 0689846231 (ISBN13: 9780689846236)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Jody Baxter
Setting: United States of America Florida(United States)
Literary Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Novel (1939)
Books Online Download The Yearling  Free
The Yearling Paperback | Pages: 513 pages
Rating: 4 | 25423 Users | 1041 Reviews

Identify Based On Books The Yearling

Title:The Yearling
Author:Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 513 pages
Published:September 1st 2001 by Aladdin (first published January 1st 1938)
Categories:Classics. Fiction. Young Adult. Animals

Relation Concering Books The Yearling

Young Jody adopts an orphaned fawn he calls Flag and makes it a part of his family and his best friend. But life in the Florida backwoods is harsh, and so, as his family fights off wolves, bears, and even alligators, and faces failure in their tenuous subsistence farming, Jody must finally part with his dear animal friend. There has been a film and even a musical based on this story.

Rating Based On Books The Yearling
Ratings: 4 From 25423 Users | 1041 Reviews

Article Based On Books The Yearling
A Civil War-era coming of age novel that's a spiritual cousin to Where the Red Fern Grows, but with a broader story and a deeper dive into life's challenges. Reading this book reminds you how deeply people understood the consequences of choice, as sloth translated brutally into starvation. Indeed, the need to work for one's supper every day, planning for both the moment and the future, contrasts starkly with our present-day welfare state that, for some, rewards indolence.One other thing that

I HATE THIS BOOK PERIOD! PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS! YOU WILL MISS HALF OF YOUR LIFE OR EVEN MORE! hahahaha

Finally! A Pulitzer Prize Winner that I actually enjoyed! Five big stars! A boy's coming of age story filled with great love! Very sad in parts but very spiritual and warm hearted as well. Highly recommended. 🤗

In past reviews, people have speculated that if The Yearling were to have been published in today's times, would it still have been awarded the Pulitzer Prize for Literature. For me, I would have to say that that would be a resounding yes. I say so because the novel captures, with vivid simplicity, a bygone American era via the stark usage of the literaty resources available to Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings at the time, quite simply, the values, environment and language which surrounded her. Being

The Yearling is a fine coming-of-age novel that I have somehow managed to avoid reading until know. Fortunately, thanks to the fine folks at the On the Southern Literary Trail Goodreads group, I finally had the opportunity to read and discuss it with others who appreciate it. Uninformed readers such as I will automatically assume that the yearling in question is the fawn prominently displayed on the cover but that is not really correct. It soon becomes apparent that the fawn is but a minor

I read this book because I was required to, and any joy I may have gotten out of it was destroyed before I even started.

I grew up just a few small towns over from where Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings lived while writing this beloved classic. I have visited the state park that includes her home and I have eaten at The Yearling Restaurant down the road from the park many a time. I have seen the movie based on this novel countless times and I am certain The Yearling was required reading more than once. This story definitely loomed large throughout my many days of living in Florida, but I just could not remember the

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.