Christine 
“This is the story of a lover’s triangle…It was bad from the start. And it got worse in a hurry.”
It’s love at first sight for high school student Arnie Cunningham when he and his best friend Dennis Guilder spot the dilapidated 1958 red-and-white Plymouth Fury for sale—dubbed “Christine” by its original cantankerous owner—rusting away on a front lawn of their suburban Pennsylvania neighborhood. Dennis knows that Arnie’s never had much luck in the looks or popularity department, or really taken an interest in owning a car . . . but Christine quickly changes all that. Arnie suddenly has the newfound confidence to stick up for himself, going as far as dating the most beautiful girl at Libertyville High—transfer student Leigh Cabot—even as a mysteriously restored Christine systematically and terrifyingly consumes every aspect of Arnie’s life. Dennis and Leigh soon realize that they must uncover the awful truth behind a car with a horrifying and murderous history. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and heaven help anyone who gets in Christine’s way…
I went into this book thinking I'd be giving it a high rating, and considering it was written by Stephen King - my favourite author - I'm not surprised at all that I was proven to be correct.I feel like theoretically, this story could have been told in a much smaller amount of pages. After all, the premise isn't too complicated and it would have bee easy to rattle through all the events, just with the simple purpose of telling a scary story. But of course, Stephen King being Stephen King made
lightning mcqueen > christine

4.5 StarsI had lower expectations for this book. I mean its a Stephen King novel so I figured it would be better than most novels But..... A haunted car? Really? Okay Uncle Stevie, I love you so I'll go with it But...REALLY??? Plus I've seen the movie and it was Meh! Of course I should know by now not to compare a King novel with its movie counter-part, because the movie rarely ever lives up to the book.So, did I like this book? Yes! It was scary and I never lost interest in the story. If I
My re-telling of the story "Christine" to my sixty-five year old immigrant mother, enjoy:Me: "Mom?....are you listening? The story is about a haunted car"Mom: "a what?"Me: "a car, mom - the story is about a haunted, evil car that can drive by itself, and it kills people. Because it's haunted."Mom: "a car can't do that...tell me a car can do that! You'd be lying."Me: "No, mom, I know a car can't do that, but this one can, and its killed a ton of people already. There's these two main characters,
I'm glad that Dennis is alive! This book was full of surprises, but I liked Christine. A serial killer in shape of a car. Genius!
I have a real guilty-pleasure, love/love realtionship with Stephen King books. I don't care how literarily unhip that is. Christine was the first big-girl book I ever read--I was in the fourth grade and we'd just moved to California. I didn't have any friends or anywhere to go yet, so I spent my days poking around in the library, like any good nerd. I'd heard somewhere that Stephen King books contained scandalous curse words, so I picked it out of the library's King collection because the title
Stephen King
Paperback | Pages: 411 pages Rating: 3.77 | 189025 Users | 3127 Reviews

Mention Appertaining To Books Christine
| Title | : | Christine |
| Author | : | Stephen King |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 411 pages |
| Published | : | June 13th 2001 by LGF (first published April 29th 1983) |
| Categories | : | Horror. Fiction. Thriller. Fantasy. Supernatural. Paranormal. Mystery |
Ilustration Toward Books Christine
Master storyteller Stephen King presents the classic #1 national bestseller of the ultimate vehicle of terror!“This is the story of a lover’s triangle…It was bad from the start. And it got worse in a hurry.”
It’s love at first sight for high school student Arnie Cunningham when he and his best friend Dennis Guilder spot the dilapidated 1958 red-and-white Plymouth Fury for sale—dubbed “Christine” by its original cantankerous owner—rusting away on a front lawn of their suburban Pennsylvania neighborhood. Dennis knows that Arnie’s never had much luck in the looks or popularity department, or really taken an interest in owning a car . . . but Christine quickly changes all that. Arnie suddenly has the newfound confidence to stick up for himself, going as far as dating the most beautiful girl at Libertyville High—transfer student Leigh Cabot—even as a mysteriously restored Christine systematically and terrifyingly consumes every aspect of Arnie’s life. Dennis and Leigh soon realize that they must uncover the awful truth behind a car with a horrifying and murderous history. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, and heaven help anyone who gets in Christine’s way…
Point Books As Christine
| Original Title: | Christine |
| ISBN: | 2253147699 (ISBN13: 9782253147695) |
| Edition Language: | French |
| Characters: | Arnie Cunningham, Leigh Cabot, Dennis Guilder |
| Setting: | Pennsylvania(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Locus Award Nominee for Best Fantasy Novel (1984) |
Rating Appertaining To Books Christine
Ratings: 3.77 From 189025 Users | 3127 ReviewsCommentary Appertaining To Books Christine
This is the story of Christine, a custom-painted red and white 1958 Plymouth Fury. You'd think that the story about a car didn't warrant a novel of a whopping 529 pages or that at the very least it would be boring and bloated. But this is Stephen King.Arnie, an acne-ridden teenage outsider, one day sees a car and it is love at first sight. Despite the financial burden, despite his parents' and friend's protests, he buys the car off the grumpy owner and starts working on her it. Slowly butI went into this book thinking I'd be giving it a high rating, and considering it was written by Stephen King - my favourite author - I'm not surprised at all that I was proven to be correct.I feel like theoretically, this story could have been told in a much smaller amount of pages. After all, the premise isn't too complicated and it would have bee easy to rattle through all the events, just with the simple purpose of telling a scary story. But of course, Stephen King being Stephen King made
lightning mcqueen > christine

4.5 StarsI had lower expectations for this book. I mean its a Stephen King novel so I figured it would be better than most novels But..... A haunted car? Really? Okay Uncle Stevie, I love you so I'll go with it But...REALLY??? Plus I've seen the movie and it was Meh! Of course I should know by now not to compare a King novel with its movie counter-part, because the movie rarely ever lives up to the book.So, did I like this book? Yes! It was scary and I never lost interest in the story. If I
My re-telling of the story "Christine" to my sixty-five year old immigrant mother, enjoy:Me: "Mom?....are you listening? The story is about a haunted car"Mom: "a what?"Me: "a car, mom - the story is about a haunted, evil car that can drive by itself, and it kills people. Because it's haunted."Mom: "a car can't do that...tell me a car can do that! You'd be lying."Me: "No, mom, I know a car can't do that, but this one can, and its killed a ton of people already. There's these two main characters,
I'm glad that Dennis is alive! This book was full of surprises, but I liked Christine. A serial killer in shape of a car. Genius!
I have a real guilty-pleasure, love/love realtionship with Stephen King books. I don't care how literarily unhip that is. Christine was the first big-girl book I ever read--I was in the fourth grade and we'd just moved to California. I didn't have any friends or anywhere to go yet, so I spent my days poking around in the library, like any good nerd. I'd heard somewhere that Stephen King books contained scandalous curse words, so I picked it out of the library's King collection because the title


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.