Books Portnoy's Complaint Online Download Free

Share:

Particularize About Books Portnoy's Complaint

Title:Portnoy's Complaint
Author:Philip Roth
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 274 pages
Published:May 18th 1995 by Vintage (first published 1969)
Categories:Fiction. Classics. Novels. Literature. American
Books Portnoy's Complaint  Online Download Free
Portnoy's Complaint Paperback | Pages: 274 pages
Rating: 3.7 | 53307 Users | 2812 Reviews

Rendition Concering Books Portnoy's Complaint

The famous confession of Alexander Portnoy, who is thrust through life by his unappeasable sexuality, yet held back at the same time by the iron grip of his unforgettable childhood. Hilariously funny, boldly intimate, startlingly candid, Portnoy’s Complaint was an immediate bestseller upon its publication in 1969, and is perhaps Roth’s best-known book.

Portnoy's Complaint n. [after Alexander Portnoy (1933-)] A disorder in which strongly-felt ethical and altruistic impulses are perpetually warring with extreme sexual longings, often of a perverse nature. Spielvogel says: 'Acts of exhibitionism, voyeurism, fetishism, auto-eroticism and oral coitus are plentiful; as a consequence of the patient's "morality," however, neither fantasy nor act issues in genuine sexual gratification, but rather in overriding feelings of shame and the dread of retribution, particularly in the form of castration.' (Spielvogel, O. 'The Puzzled Penis', Internationale Zeitschrift fur Psychoanalyse, Vol. XXIV, p. 909.) it is believed by Spielvogel that many of the symptoms can be traced to the bonds obtaining in the mother-child relationship.

Mention Books Supposing Portnoy's Complaint

Original Title: Portnoy's Complaint
ISBN: 0099399016 (ISBN13: 9780099399018)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Newark, New Jersey(United States) New Jersey(United States)
Literary Awards: Kääntäjien valtionpalkinto (1970)

Rating About Books Portnoy's Complaint
Ratings: 3.7 From 53307 Users | 2812 Reviews

Article About Books Portnoy's Complaint
The only Roth novel that I've read so far and I expect his other ones are wildly different and more somber and serious than this, but I certainly remember enjoying it. A long rant of a book, really, where the main character gets a lot of his inner baggage off his chest whilst talking to his psychiatrist. He goes into childhood traumas and disappointments and problems with his parents, but mainly, he rambles on at great length about women, relationships and his hectic sex life. It is a funny



Updated May 22, 2018: R.I.P. Philip Roth. Author of some of the defining works of the late 20th century (and even some of the early 21st). What a magnificent second act you had... and what a legacy you leave behind. ***21 Random Thoughts After Reading Philip Roths Classic Portnoys Complaint 46 Years After Its Controversial Publication1. Ive read three or four Philip Roth books, but how have I never read this, which catapulted him to literary fame or at least notoriety and celebrity in the late

Smart, funny, outrageous, and totally irreverent with regard to parents and religion, and sex, of course. For 1969, at least. And even though there has been reams of material written since about these subjects, this book doesn't feel dated. However Roth wasn't the only one tackling such subjects at that time, although he was probably the funniest. In the early sixties, in conservative catholic Ireland, John McGahern braved the wrath of the entire country when he dared to state some nasty truths

Earlier today I grossly contradicted myself by stating that I'd enjoyed all the books I'd read which were written by Philip Roth. Then I realised I'd forgotten about Portnoy's Complaint.There is a school of thought which says to write well you have to write about what you know. On that basis I know I definitely did not like this book, although that unfortunately does not guarantee that I will excel at writing about it. With that in mind Philip Roth is official King of writing about what you know

Pure filth and various psychological complexes of a man and his relationship to his mother and the whole Jewish stress and anxiety.

Hey, Roth! Whats with the smug smile on that face of yours? Whats with that satisfied look? You think youre now a goy or something? Are you thinking of a shikse or something? Are you high? You think just because you wrote a bunch of anti-semitic, auto-erotic stuff youre some bigshot? Whats the sense with that piece of crap? Dont you dare turn your back on me you balding Kike! You wanker! You kosher prick! You oh, wheres the sense in this? Come on, mate. Is this really just to ridicule society?

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.