Describe Books During The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
| Original Title: | Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical |
| ISBN: | 0525950494 (ISBN13: 9780525950493) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Timothy J. Keller
Hardcover | Pages: 293 pages Rating: 4.18 | 48729 Users | 2088 Reviews

Point Epithetical Books The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
| Title | : | The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism |
| Author | : | Timothy J. Keller |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 293 pages |
| Published | : | February 14th 2008 by Dutton (first published 2007) |
| Categories | : | Christian. Religion. Theology. Nonfiction. Christianity. Faith. Philosophy |
Ilustration Toward Books The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
Making Sense of God: An Invitation to the Skeptical, is a prequel to The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism.The End of Faith. The God Delusion. God Is Not Great. Letter to a Christian Nation. Bestseller lists are filled with doubters. But what happens when you actually doubt your doubts?
Although a vocal minority continues to attack the Christian faith, for most Americans, faith is a large part of their lives: 86 percent of Americans refer to themselves as religious, and 75 percent of all Americans consider themselves Christians. So how should they respond to these passionate, learned, and persuasive books that promote science and secularism over religion and faith? For years, Tim Keller has compiled a list of the most frequently voiced “doubts” skeptics bring to his Manhattan church. And in The Reason for God, he single-handedly dismantles each of them. Written with atheists, agnostics, and skeptics in mind, Keller also provides an intelligent platform on which true believers can stand their ground when bombarded by the backlash. The Reason for God challenges such ideology at its core and points to the true path and purpose of Christianity.
Why is there suffering in the world? How could a loving God send people to Hell? Why isn’t Christianity more inclusive? Shouldn’t the Christian God be a god of love? How can one religion be “right” and the rest “wrong”? Why have so many wars been fought in the name of God? These are just a few of the questions even ardent believers wrestle with today. In this book, Tim Keller uses literature, philosophy, real-life conversations and reasoning, and even pop culture to explain how faith in a Christian God is a soundly rational belief, held by thoughtful people of intellectual integrity with a deep compassion for those who truly want to know the truth.
Rating Epithetical Books The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
Ratings: 4.18 From 48729 Users | 2088 ReviewsWrite-Up Epithetical Books The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism
While this was the book that made Keller famous (or famouser), it was distinctly different from his other books all of which I love. It is much more an apologetic and reasoned argument than it is sermonic. Keller is a great thinker and follows in the footsteps of Christian intellectuals like C.S. Lewis. I appreciated his calm, measured, and reasonable tone and arguments throughout the book. He makes it easy for readers to process his ideas without being attacked or bombarded. A very good book.If I had read this several years ago, it would've been of great value to help me think through and deal with various doubts and philosophical questions about Christianity. And I've still benefited from it in that way.But as the years have gone on, I've found my temptation leans less toward questioning faith, and more toward becoming presumptuous about Christianity and God. I've 'done my time', asked my questions, gone through my periods of doubt, and have always returned to feeling fairly
This is a wonderful book for skeptics. Finally one you can give a friend and not be embarrassed about any overly didactic preaching. His skillful speaking abilities and knowledge come from years of pastoral experience at a large Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. His method of persuasion is gentle, pastoral, and a very "Socratic" approach. What I liked about Keller's way of handling the questions of skeptics, is he is highly respectful in his treatment of people who do not have faith, but have

The Faith behind the Religion21 January 2019 This is probably one of the very few Christian books that I have read of late, probably because these days I tend to find Christian books to be, well, rubbish. However, I have found something quite refreshing when it comes to Keller in that he seems to write is a way that is certainly not fundamentalist, and also is actually grounded in reality. I guess that is the problem when it comes to a lot of these books, and that is that if they arent
This was the first book I read as a Christian - I mean - after I became born again in the summer of 2011, I picked up this book, which had been sitting on my shelf for the past four years collecting dust, and prayed over it: 'God, please teach me.' As a new believer - who at that point didn't even own a Bible! - I was embarking through a piece of theological work that was to help formulate my life thenceforth. I've never been so thankful for a book out of sheer gratitude for its existence than I
Keller's book came recommended by virtually every thinking Christian I know, billed as the theological answer to recent mass-market agnosticism. Indeed there are many out there who have artfully defended a belief in the Christian God, but Keller does not meet the mark. The first half of his book, written for skeptics, is very soft on logical/rational arguments. His response to evolution (a whopping two and a half pages), for example, is to say that if you pin him down, he believes in the process
Sometimes I have this nagging feeling that, when one particularly able Atheist writer (now deceased) cleverly turns a humorous phrase in the midst of an important logical point, he has somehow made a deal with the devil. Perhaps his craft isnt really honed by years of experience, but by witchcraft and satanic bargains.No. Im not entirely sane.Though apparently Im not the only one, because Timothy Keller seems to suffer from this same strange neurosis and goes to great lengths to prove himself to


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.