Books Sculpting in Time Free Download Online

Share:
Books Sculpting in Time  Free Download Online
Sculpting in Time Paperback | Pages: 254 pages
Rating: 4.51 | 3493 Users | 230 Reviews

Describe Containing Books Sculpting in Time

Title:Sculpting in Time
Author:Andrei Tarkovsky
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 254 pages
Published:April 1st 1989 by University of Texas Press (first published 1984)
Categories:Culture. Film. Nonfiction. Art. Philosophy. Cultural. Russia. Biography. Media Tie In

Relation In Pursuance Of Books Sculpting in Time

An alternate cover edition can be found here.

Andrey Tarkovsky, the genius of modern Russian cinema--hailed by Ingmar Bergman as "the most important director of our time"--died an exile in Paris in December 1986. In Sculpting in Time, he has left his artistic testament, a remarkable revelation of both his life and work. Since Ivan's Childhood won the Golden Lion at the Venice Film Festival in 1962, the visionary quality and totally original and haunting imagery of Tarkovsky's films have captivated serious movie audiences all over the world, who see in his work a continuation of the great literary traditions of nineteenth-century Russia. Many critics have tried to interpret his intensely personal vision, but he himself always remained inaccessible.

In Sculpting in Time, Tarkovsky sets down his thoughts and his memories, revealing for the first time the original inspirations for his extraordinary films--Ivan's Childhood, Andrey Rublyov, Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker, Nostalgia, and The Sacrifice. He discusses their history and his methods of work, he explores the many problems of visual creativity, and he sets forth the deeply autobiographical content of part of his oeuvre--most fascinatingly in The Mirror and Nostalgia. The closing chapter on The Sacrifice, dictated in the last weeks of Tarkovsky's life, makes the book essential reading for those who already know or who are just discovering his magnificent work.

Be Specific About Books To Sculpting in Time

Original Title: Запечатленное время
ISBN: 0292776241 (ISBN13: 9780292776241)
Edition Language: English

Rating Containing Books Sculpting in Time
Ratings: 4.51 From 3493 Users | 230 Reviews

Evaluation Containing Books Sculpting in Time
Something of a blog post: I am currently working on a playscript concerned with his exile and death, though using an analogue to explore my relationship with my father. This short work was an invaluable insight, especially alongside his journals, which are important as a further revelation of his personality, his relationship with his family, being plagued by doubt, his humanity. This is what he wanted to be, what he wanted to project, what he wanted to want to be. He was a tragic figure. I

The closest I can come to describing the way Tarkovsky writes is "lucid depth". His prose is simultaneously clear and packed with philosophical richness. It's challenging in the best possible way.

"Tarkovsky for me is the greatest, the one who invented a new language, true to the nature of film, as it captures life as a reflection, life as a dream."These are the words of Ingmar Bergman, another very influential director. I count myself lucky to have watched these fellas' films, not only because they're pretty good but also they've got depth. With this masterpiece of Tarkovsky, I had the chance to access to the very mind of this genius.Sculpting In Time is fairly plain, just like his

Quite literally the definitive statement on his own work. The insight into his beliefs is invaluable. All hail the master.

I like movies. That being said, I'm not obsessed with movies. My field is literature, because writing is my happy medium of conveying thoughts and feelings. However, I bought this book for a friend of mine who is obsessed with both literature and movies, and who can appreciate it fully. I loved the book - Tarkovsky is a surprisingly good writer - and I took from it a lot with regards to movie making, the relatio ships between the director and the actors, the audience and transmitting enough

The greatest director and very bad methodologist. He is the only one, there is no one like him and every one who tried to follow his method suffered different kinds of failure. I personally acquainted with people whose whole life collapsed under Tarkovsky's colossus. The scale of his talent and its main feature: ability to erect his own personal life experiences to the scale of something universal, attracts a lot of young filmmakers and they all end up destroying their own talent, just because

Holy wow. I want to memorise this entire book verbatim. A wise, uncompromising, still-utterly-relevant joy.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.