When Rabbit Howls 
The subject matter of this book struck very close to home, which made it a difficult read. It was so difficult to experience it as the reader that it took me 4 tries and almost 6 years to get through it.It is not the writing that is difficult to read it is witnessing, even through the written word, the experience of the writer.It is a book that will always have a place of honor on my bookshelves because it is a book of true heroism and filled with hope.Reading this book brought me to understand
I first read this book when it was originally out, after seeing Chase on Oprah. I was a teen. A turnkey event in my healing, I was deeply impressed not only by Chase's courage to have survived such a childhood, but to have written about it to help others. That said, the book is very difficult to read, as it's written in a variety of voices and styles. How could it not be? Still, it's hard to read, in that it doesn't flow with the literary smoothness that a finished book should. Yet, for that

What a heartrending story. It frightens me to know there are deviants out there like this.
Sometimes, our minds can't even begin to comprehend what is happening, and so to protect ourselves, a darker place is created where we can hide. But when these dark places are too deep the damage is so severe we cant always find our way back out, so alternate realities take over. I can certainly see how the mind of a child so young could split (even multiple times), and how her true self left entirely. Think about recent news: Young kids being raped at 11, 12 by couches and clergymen; how most
I found this book alternatively fascinating, unbelievable, horrifying and silly. I had heard elsewhere that there has been some speculation that the book is not legitimate but in fact is fabricated. When the story line became a little too weird (as in parts about reading minds and paranormal stuff) then that speculation kept running through my mind and I became a very cynical reader.I also found the book hard to read in places because of the way it was written (supposedly) from a first person
A more modern take on the "Sybil" acount of Multiple Personality Disorder. This book moves more quickly and is a bit more graphic than "Sybil" as it was written more recently. Although, it may not make you a firm believer in the disorder it will certainly make you think twice before doubting the possibility that it does exist.
Truddi Chase
Paperback | Pages: 400 pages Rating: 4.04 | 15590 Users | 580 Reviews

Declare Epithetical Books When Rabbit Howls
| Title | : | When Rabbit Howls |
| Author | : | Truddi Chase |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 400 pages |
| Published | : | April 1st 1990 by Berkley Books (first published June 8th 1987) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Psychology. Autobiography. Memoir. Biography. Mental Health. Mental Illness |
Narration Concering Books When Rabbit Howls
Truddi Chase began therapy to discover why she suffered from blackouts. What surfaced was terrifying: she was inhabited by 'the Troops'-92 individual personalities. This groundbreaking true story is made all the more extraordinary in that it was written by the Troops themselves. What they reveal is a spellbinding descent into a personal hell-and an ultimate deliverance for the woman they became.Point Books Conducive To When Rabbit Howls
| Original Title: | When Rabbit Howls |
| ISBN: | 0515103292 (ISBN13: 9780515103298) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Epithetical Books When Rabbit Howls
Ratings: 4.04 From 15590 Users | 580 ReviewsJudgment Epithetical Books When Rabbit Howls
Finally done!I admit, the last few pages I just skimmed through - I just wanted to be done with it, but needed the closure of the end. I think it's important to know that the terminology is outdated. It's better read as a historical document and one persons personal account than as source of knowledge about DID. A lot has happened in Psychiatry/Psychology since the 80es. Other than that, I find it difficult to have an opinion on this book. It's difficult to read, triggering and sometimesThe subject matter of this book struck very close to home, which made it a difficult read. It was so difficult to experience it as the reader that it took me 4 tries and almost 6 years to get through it.It is not the writing that is difficult to read it is witnessing, even through the written word, the experience of the writer.It is a book that will always have a place of honor on my bookshelves because it is a book of true heroism and filled with hope.Reading this book brought me to understand
I first read this book when it was originally out, after seeing Chase on Oprah. I was a teen. A turnkey event in my healing, I was deeply impressed not only by Chase's courage to have survived such a childhood, but to have written about it to help others. That said, the book is very difficult to read, as it's written in a variety of voices and styles. How could it not be? Still, it's hard to read, in that it doesn't flow with the literary smoothness that a finished book should. Yet, for that

What a heartrending story. It frightens me to know there are deviants out there like this.
Sometimes, our minds can't even begin to comprehend what is happening, and so to protect ourselves, a darker place is created where we can hide. But when these dark places are too deep the damage is so severe we cant always find our way back out, so alternate realities take over. I can certainly see how the mind of a child so young could split (even multiple times), and how her true self left entirely. Think about recent news: Young kids being raped at 11, 12 by couches and clergymen; how most
I found this book alternatively fascinating, unbelievable, horrifying and silly. I had heard elsewhere that there has been some speculation that the book is not legitimate but in fact is fabricated. When the story line became a little too weird (as in parts about reading minds and paranormal stuff) then that speculation kept running through my mind and I became a very cynical reader.I also found the book hard to read in places because of the way it was written (supposedly) from a first person
A more modern take on the "Sybil" acount of Multiple Personality Disorder. This book moves more quickly and is a bit more graphic than "Sybil" as it was written more recently. Although, it may not make you a firm believer in the disorder it will certainly make you think twice before doubting the possibility that it does exist.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.