Present Books In Pursuance Of The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
| Original Title: | The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian |
| ISBN: | 0316013684 (ISBN13: 9780316013680) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Arnold "Junior" Spirit, Coach, Rowdy, Mary "Runs Away" Spirit, Mr. P, Agnes Adams / Spirit, Melinda, Mr. Grant, Penelope (divers), Micah, Roger "The Giant", Grandma Spirit, Eugene, Dawn, Mr. Dodge, Gordy, Dad Spirit, Rowdy's Dad, Mr. Sheridan, Earl, Gerald, Ted, Bobby |
| Setting: | United States of America Washington (state)(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | National Book Award for Young People's Literature (2007), Odyssey Award (2009), American Indian Library Association Award, South Carolina Book Award Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2010), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2009) Michigan Library Association Thumbs Up! Award Nominee (2008), Florida Teens Read Nominee (2009), American Indian Youth Literature Award for Best Young Adult Book (Award Retroactively Rescinded in 2018) (2008), Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction (2008), The Inky Awards Nominee for Silver Inky (2009), California Young Readers Medal for Young Adult (2010), Lincoln Award Nominee (2011), James Cook Book Award Nominee (2009), The Inky Awards Shortlist for Silver Inky (2009) |
Sherman Alexie
Hardcover | Pages: 230 pages Rating: 4.11 | 216079 Users | 23185 Reviews
Representaion During Books The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Bestselling author Sherman Alexie tells the story of Junior, a budding cartoonist growing up on the Spokane Indian Reservation. Determined to take his future into his own hands, Junior leaves his troubled school on the rez to attend an all-white farm town high school where the only other Indian is the school mascot.Heartbreaking, funny, and beautifully written, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, which is based on the author's own experiences, coupled with poignant drawings by Ellen Forney that reflect the character's art, chronicles the contemporary adolescence of one Native American boy as he attempts to break away from the life he was destined to live.
With a foreward by Markus Zusak & interviews with Sherman Alexie and Ellen Forney

Be Specific About Out Of Books The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
| Title | : | The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian |
| Author | : | Sherman Alexie |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 230 pages |
| Published | : | September 12th 2007 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fiction. Contemporary. Realistic Fiction. Humor. Coming Of Age. Teen |
Rating Out Of Books The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
Ratings: 4.11 From 216079 Users | 23185 ReviewsCommentary Out Of Books The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
This book has sort of been on my radar, and yesterday I saw it on one of my student's desk. I excitedly asked him what he thought of it, and his face lit up. He told me he had just finished it and repeated, "It was a really good book" about three times, with the most genuine smile I've seen from this kid all year. When I told him it was on my list of books I wanted to read, he handed it to me and said, "take it." Huh? Then he showed me the sticker on the front cover that said, "FREE BOOK! ReadFunny, poignant and heartbreaking, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian turned out to be an amazing read.Dealing with hydrocephalus, poverty, constant bullying and frequent deaths in a family of drunks, Arnold aka Junior goes through an undeniably hard life growing up in the Spokane Indian Reservation. The journey of this 14 year old trying to manifest his dreams into reality by shifting to an all white school, after alienating his bestfriend and the entire community and gearing up to

If you let people into your life a little bit, they can be pretty damn amazing.Now this book completely caught me off guard. I expected this to be just another light and easy read. I didn't expect it to become one of my favorite books of the year so far. But it did.The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian was such a heartwarming book. For some reason it (at least to me) felt like a mix of I Am the Messenger and Wonder, and I freaking loved both of those books. This book was funny (I mean
Really enjoyed this! It was a rather interesting writing style. It had this very casual feeling to it. I will say that there are a few things here and there that irked me, but for the most part it was enjoyable. Full video review to come! :)
In the same way that John Green and Jesse Andrews use humor to deal with heavy issues like cancer, Sherman Alexie uses a similar device to tackle a variety of difficult subjects. He hits racism, bullying, addiction, death, poverty, and other topics all through his narrator's great sense of humor and his hilarious cartoons. I don't read a ton of YA stuff (although I sure have been lately!), but I try to at least hit the highlights. I think this is the best YA book I've read since The Knife of
2018 update - with all of the women coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment from Alexie, I'm no longer comfortable with the glowing review I originally wrote. I still think the book is fantastic, but I don't think the same of its author, and I can't promote his writing with any enthusiasm. I'll leave the original review below.______________________________I kinda got on the Sherman Alexie bandwagon, as an undergrad, when all freshmen were required to read his The Lone Ranger and


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.