Download Books Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1) Online

Share:

Present Books As Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1)

Original Title: Death: the High Cost of Living
ISBN: 1852864982 (ISBN13: 9781852864989)
Edition Language: English
Series: Death of the Endless #1
Download Books Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1) Online
Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1) Paperback | Pages: 104 pages
Rating: 4.19 | 39814 Users | 555 Reviews

Specify Out Of Books Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1)

Title:Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1)
Author:Neil Gaiman
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 104 pages
Published:June 9th 1994 by Titan Books (first published May 1993)
Categories:Sequential Art. Graphic Novels. Comics. Fantasy. Fiction

Rendition In Pursuance Of Books Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1)

From the pages of Neil Gaiman's SANDMAN comes the young, pale, perky, and genuinely likable Death. One day in every century, Death walks the Earth to better understand those to whom she will be the final visitor. Today is that day. As a young mortal girl named Didi, Death befriends a teenager and helps a 250-year old homeless woman find her missing heart. What follows is a sincere musing on love, life and (of course) death.

Rating Out Of Books Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1)
Ratings: 4.19 From 39814 Users | 555 Reviews

Commentary Out Of Books Death: The High Cost of Living (Death of the Endless #1)
Gaimans Sandman is such a brilliant and creative series; yet, for all that Dream does not have much personality. Death is a far better character. It's no harder to be nice than it is to be creepy. And it's much more fun. I love what Gaiman has done with her. Death is the end, but she is also something we will all have to accept with open arms. Theres no escaping her and perhaps thats why she is so welcoming here. It is fate that we will one day meet her. And shes so likable; she has a big smile

The only thing I like more than Dream, is Death. Hmm, maybe I should explain the context of that statement. Neil Gaiman's Sandman comic book series (which is profoundly good - read it right the fuck now) centers around a family of immortal beings called The Endless. The Endless are not gods - they simply personify certain aspects of reality, such as Dream, Death, Desire, Destruction, Delirium, Destiny, and Despair. Being entitled "The Sandman", the series focuses on Dream, however his sister,

It is nothing short of criminal that I call myself a comic reader and yet have never read any of Gaimans Sandman books. I actually have the first volume at home ready to read, but thanks to my involvement with a comic book discussion group, this one ended up being my introduction to the Sandman universe, instead.Other readers have claimed this book has problems as a standalone book, but I found it to read quite nicely on its own. The book largely centers on a depressed teenager named Sextons

"One day in every century Death takes on human flesh, better to comphrehend what the lives she takes must feel like, to taste the bitter tang of mortality."I love the Sandman series, and Death is my second favorite of the Endless. I liked this graphic novel installment, and while not great, it's an interesting story and the art is good. The "Death Talks about Life" pamphlet at the end of the book endorsing safe sex is brilliant. I love Gaiman's take on Death. She is so much more appealing than

While this short story is fun, it's pretty much standalone in the Sandman universe. I would have preferred some reference to Dream and his rich universe. Most of this story happens in the real world, with little use of magic. Most of the focus is on Death and her wonderfully positive attitude. Other than than, it's skippable.Every 100 years the spirit of Death must experience the mortal world for one day to gain a better understanding of life. This time around she touches on the lives of many

This is a very small story and a very sweet story. I've always found Gaiman's personification of Death to be one of the most unique approaches to the concept, and because she's such a delightful character, it's easy to just watch her go on for a day as she takes a stroll amidst humanity.I did, sadly, find myself bored at times, or found that my mind wandered away from the (rather simple) narrative. Nonetheless it held my attention and kept me entertained--and I will absolutely adore this

It is the curse of The Sandman series, and it's offshoots, that they are fast reads. I zoomed through this so fast, and then got very sad because it was over.There aren't words for how much I adore the character of Death. I've loved her since her first appearance in The Sandman series, and finding out there were novels based solely on her made me squeal with glee. My library not having either of them made me not so squealy. Thank you, ILL! Worth the $2 fee.This story was so lovely. She's so

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.