For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men 
The Truth About His Inner Life He Desperately Wants You to Know
What's going on in there? Ever been totally confused by something your man has said or done? Want to understand his secret desires and fears, his daily battles that you know nothing about?
In a woman-to-woman conversation you'll never forget, Shaunti Feldhahn takes you beneath the surface into the inner lives of men. This book is about the things we just don't 'get' about guys. With findings from a groundbreaking national survey and personal interviews of over one thousand men, For Women Only is full of eye-opening revelations you need to not only understand the man in your life, but to support and love him in the way he needs to be loved. Grounded in biblical hope, you will discover how to love your man for who he really is-not who you think he is.
When I entered to win this in the FirstReads contest, I didn't realize it was a Christian book. Not that I have anything against Christians (being one myself), but I often don't agree with the fundamentalist/born-again point of view. And there was definitely a "serve your husband" undercurrent to this book. Wives are advised to change their points of view and actions to accommodate their husbands. I will be reading the "For Women Only" companion book that came with it next, and it will be
I'm thankful to be reading these marriage-related books after getting married, because bringing my personal experience to them really helps me understand what they say as relates to us. I found all of this book helpful, even the parts that could be redundant to what I've read before, but I especially appreciate the chapters about thinking and providing.

This is supposed to be a Christian book but it's applicable to men in general and not just Christian men. I, as a traditional Muslim woman, found this surprisingly insightful in terms of explaining specific Islamic commandments directed at husbands/wives. The author unwittingly explained the logic behind the Islamic stance on marital relations and the standard for public conduct.Th book covers 7 facts about men, which are outlined in the sample and thus my sharing them here, does not qualify as
Well-intentioned, but a little obvious, I would re-title this work "Traditional Gender Roles for Dummies." Many of the "surprising" revelations might be of real use to women who have little experience talking on a deeply relational level to men, and who want to affirm their men in traditional ways. I found that many of the things that were generalized about men were actually true of me, and many things that were supposedly unknown were just re-phrasings of pretty well established gender
Title: For Women OnlyWritten By: Shaunti FeldhahnGenre: Relationship Helps/Non-fictionRecommended Ages: 13 & up (skipping one chapter if not married)Introduction:This was my second time reading this book and I still learned a lot about myself and the men in my life. Even though this book was about how men's brains work, I found a lot I could relate to personally for myself. In other words, don't put people in boxes, they won't always fit. This book would be especially great to read together
I realized it is harder than I thought to explain why a guy would be reading this book. I had to see what Shaunti Feldhahn was telling women all over the country about the inner lives of men. Overall, she is pretty accurate. There will always be exceptions when you are forced to make generalizations the way this book does. However, the things that are discussed in this book will hit home with most men. For example, the desire to be respected in public and private...the internal drive to provide
Shaunti Feldhahn
Hardcover | Pages: 189 pages Rating: 4.07 | 23782 Users | 1036 Reviews

Mention Epithetical Books For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
| Title | : | For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men |
| Author | : | Shaunti Feldhahn |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 189 pages |
| Published | : | August 23rd 2004 by Multnomah Publishers (first published July 28th 2004) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Marriage. Christian. Relationships. Self Help |
Description Conducive To Books For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
What's going on in a man's mind? From their early days, every woman has struggled to understand why males behave the way they do. Even long-married women who think they understand men have only scratched the surface. Beneath a man's rugged exterior is an even more rugged, unmapped terrain. What bestselling author Shaunti Feldhahn's research reveals about the inner lives of men will open women's eyes to what the men in their life-boyfriends, brothers, husbands, and sons-are really thinking and feeling. Men want to be understood, but they're afraid to "freak out" the women they love by confessing what is happening inside their heads. This book will guide women in how to provide the loving support that modern men want and need.The Truth About His Inner Life He Desperately Wants You to Know
What's going on in there? Ever been totally confused by something your man has said or done? Want to understand his secret desires and fears, his daily battles that you know nothing about?
In a woman-to-woman conversation you'll never forget, Shaunti Feldhahn takes you beneath the surface into the inner lives of men. This book is about the things we just don't 'get' about guys. With findings from a groundbreaking national survey and personal interviews of over one thousand men, For Women Only is full of eye-opening revelations you need to not only understand the man in your life, but to support and love him in the way he needs to be loved. Grounded in biblical hope, you will discover how to love your man for who he really is-not who you think he is.
Particularize Books Supposing For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
| Original Title: | For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men |
| ISBN: | 1590523172 (ISBN13: 9781590523179) |
| Edition Language: | English |
Rating Epithetical Books For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
Ratings: 4.07 From 23782 Users | 1036 ReviewsCriticize Epithetical Books For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
Just about the only thing I appreciated about this book was Feldhahn's solid survey design and the large scale nature of her study. That's where it ends. I can't say that I learned anything that I could even vaguely relate to or that seemed to be congruent with my experience of the "inner lives of men". I don't know if there are some huge cultural gaps that separate me from mainstream Americans or whether I just don't know any "typical males". Or maybe I just object to this whole "women are likeWhen I entered to win this in the FirstReads contest, I didn't realize it was a Christian book. Not that I have anything against Christians (being one myself), but I often don't agree with the fundamentalist/born-again point of view. And there was definitely a "serve your husband" undercurrent to this book. Wives are advised to change their points of view and actions to accommodate their husbands. I will be reading the "For Women Only" companion book that came with it next, and it will be
I'm thankful to be reading these marriage-related books after getting married, because bringing my personal experience to them really helps me understand what they say as relates to us. I found all of this book helpful, even the parts that could be redundant to what I've read before, but I especially appreciate the chapters about thinking and providing.

This is supposed to be a Christian book but it's applicable to men in general and not just Christian men. I, as a traditional Muslim woman, found this surprisingly insightful in terms of explaining specific Islamic commandments directed at husbands/wives. The author unwittingly explained the logic behind the Islamic stance on marital relations and the standard for public conduct.Th book covers 7 facts about men, which are outlined in the sample and thus my sharing them here, does not qualify as
Well-intentioned, but a little obvious, I would re-title this work "Traditional Gender Roles for Dummies." Many of the "surprising" revelations might be of real use to women who have little experience talking on a deeply relational level to men, and who want to affirm their men in traditional ways. I found that many of the things that were generalized about men were actually true of me, and many things that were supposedly unknown were just re-phrasings of pretty well established gender
Title: For Women OnlyWritten By: Shaunti FeldhahnGenre: Relationship Helps/Non-fictionRecommended Ages: 13 & up (skipping one chapter if not married)Introduction:This was my second time reading this book and I still learned a lot about myself and the men in my life. Even though this book was about how men's brains work, I found a lot I could relate to personally for myself. In other words, don't put people in boxes, they won't always fit. This book would be especially great to read together
I realized it is harder than I thought to explain why a guy would be reading this book. I had to see what Shaunti Feldhahn was telling women all over the country about the inner lives of men. Overall, she is pretty accurate. There will always be exceptions when you are forced to make generalizations the way this book does. However, the things that are discussed in this book will hit home with most men. For example, the desire to be respected in public and private...the internal drive to provide


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.