Download Books For The Lords of Discipline Free

Share:

Particularize Books Concering The Lords of Discipline

Original Title: The Lords of Discipline
ISBN: 0553271369 (ISBN13: 9780553271362)
Edition Language: English
Setting: South Carolina(United States)
Literary Awards: Lillian Smith Book Award (1981)
Download Books For The Lords of Discipline  Free
The Lords of Discipline Paperback | Pages: 512 pages
Rating: 4.3 | 24213 Users | 1345 Reviews

Interpretation Toward Books The Lords of Discipline

A novel you will never forget...

This powerful and breathtaking novel is the story of four cadets who have become bloodbrothers. Together they will encounter the hell of hazing and the rabid, raunchy and dangerously secretive atmosphere of an arrogant and proud military institute. They will experience the violence. The passion. The rage. The friendship. The loyalty. The betrayal. Together, they will brace themselves for the brutal transition to manhood... and one will not survive.

With all the dramatic brilliance he brought to The Great Santini, Pat Conroy sweeps you into the turbulent world of these four friends -- and draws you deep into the heart of his rebellious hero, Will McLean, an outsider forging his personal code of honor, who falls in love with a whimsical beauty... and who undergoes a transition more remarkable then he ever imagined possible.

Be Specific About Appertaining To Books The Lords of Discipline

Title:The Lords of Discipline
Author:Pat Conroy
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 512 pages
Published:February 24th 1997 by Bantam (first published 1980)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. War. Military Fiction. American. Southern

Rating Appertaining To Books The Lords of Discipline
Ratings: 4.3 From 24213 Users | 1345 Reviews

Crit Appertaining To Books The Lords of Discipline
The objects you valued defined you. (Page 376, The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy). Friedrich Nietzsche said, There are no beautiful surfaces without a terrible depth. The Lords of Discipline by Pat Conroy is able to demonstrate this with meticulous detail. It focuses on Will McLeans dark experiences in his last year at the Carolina Military Institute, a school where administration turns the other cheek to vicious hazing practices designed to produce real men. This is a story about love and

As with all Conroy books there are many plot lines in the story. So many, that when they made the movie, they left out the main one! Nevertheless, a writer like Conroy can handle that many stories with his superb prose.As a graduate of West Point we always wondered why people went to the Citadel to be abused. I still wonder although it is an ingrained part of society in that part of the country.Conroy was never afraid to take on difficult topics and his frank look at the racism might even be

Oh wow, just wow.....I know that I should be the president of the "I love Pat Conroy fan club", but this book was just in a word fantastic. I went through the gauntlet of emotions while reading this story. Mr Conroy remains in my mind the consummate story teller. He lays his emotions out in the open and fills his characters with such reality that you would know them if they walked into a room in which you were seated.This book about a young man's coming of age while enrolled in Southern military

I love Pat Conroy and I don't think I could ever do justice when reviewing any of his books. His writing is always so rich and draws me in with it's vivid imagery and he always somehow manages to convey so much emotion through his writing that I always feel really affected by it even months after reading it. This book was excellent, the characters were deep and complex and the plot line was really heavy but well constructed. He managed to address issues like perceptions of masculinity and social

"The Lords of Discipline" is one of the best novels dealing with male love and friendship that I have ever read. Mr. Conroy has created as realistic a portrait of young adult companionship and comradely as I have found, to date, in literature. This long novel has many themes and characters, but the text is really about its narrator, Will McLean, and his years at a military college, known as "the Institute."The strengths of the book are many, but here are a few that come quickly to mind. The

Oh wow, just wow.....I know that I should be the president of the "I love Pat Conroy fan club", but this book was just in a word fantastic. I went through the gauntlet of emotions while reading this story. Mr Conroy remains in my mind the consummate story teller. He lays his emotions out in the open and fills his characters with such reality that you would know them if they walked into a room in which you were seated.This book about a young man's coming of age while enrolled in Southern military

Only because it's Conroy is it 3* -- else 2... I know that this book is the foundation for most of Conroy's story telling, but I have to say, that perhaps because of his immaturity in his writing career at that time, it is poorly edited and a bit self-inflated. The descriptions of some of the initiations of the military school were so repetitive, so boring, that after a while, one did not experience the horror any longer. The plight of the African American kid could have been so much more deeply

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.