Download Books The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets Online

Share:

Point Books Conducive To The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets

Original Title: The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets
ISBN: 0452288096 (ISBN13: 9780452288096)
Edition Language: English
Download Books The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets  Online
The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets Paperback | Pages: 352 pages
Rating: 3.94 | 6896 Users | 900 Reviews

Itemize Based On Books The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets

Title:The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets
Author:Eva Rice
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 352 pages
Published:April 1st 2007 by Plume Books (first published October 24th 2005)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Womens Fiction. Chick Lit. Romance

Narration As Books The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets

Set in 1950s London The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets centers around Penelope the wide- eyed daughter of a legendary beauty Talitha who lost her husband to the war. Penelope with her mother and brother struggles to maintain their vast and crumbling ancestral home while postwar London spins toward the next decade's cultural revolution. Penelope wants nothing more than to fall in love and when her new best friend Charlotte a free spirit in the young society set drags Penelope into London with all of its grand parties she sets in motion great change for them all. Charlotte's mysterious and attractive brother Harry uses Penelope to make his American ex-girlfriend jealous with unforeseen consequences and a dashing wealthy American movie producer arrives with what might be the key to Penelope's and her family's future happiness. Vibrant witty and filled with vivid historical detail The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets is an utterly unique debut novel about a time and place just slipping into history.

Rating Based On Books The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets
Ratings: 3.94 From 6896 Users | 900 Reviews

Judgment Based On Books The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets
We were young and the world revolved around this.Delicious. Utterly delectable and delightful. I adore this book 💕What a beautiful story. From the opening page where Penelope and Charlotte meet while waiting for a bus, I fell in love, and read blissfully on.This is a gentle romp about manners, falling in and out of love, and growing up. Set in 1950s England, where the war is slowly being forgotten and rationing has come to end. Sunnier times are on the horizon. People can start to buy what they

I really couldn't get on with this at all, to the point where I had to give up! I even tried reading another book and then going back to it, but I just found that I wasn't interested. it started well and got me hooked and then I just found myself drifting off and thinking about other things... I wouldn't even be able to say what it is about! I have friends who have highly recommended it, so I'd like to try it again, but there are just so many books that I'd like to read!!

The most important thing I took away from this novel is that author Eva Rice is most likely a kindred spirit who has read all the right kinds of books. It's the story of two teenage girls in 1950s London, and not having enough money to keep the family house going, and being fascinated with American singers, and going to parties with boys. It so puts you in mind of Alconleigh and Hetton Abbey and Scoatney but it's one of those things where it never manages to stop being an homage, there's a

I loved this, it was original and quirky and funny and delightful. A lot of similarities to I Capture the Castle, but that can only be a good thing. I particularly enjoyed Julian the Loaf (I laughed and laughed over that conversation when Harry was calling someone weird and Penelope was like 'look who's talking, you kept a loaf of bread as a pet' and Harry was like 'leave Julian out of this'.) I loved Harry in general, he was my favourite character, along with Charlotte, who I pictured as

This is another vaguely rip-offish version of I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. Confession? I'm not original about selecting books to read. I was looking at different book sites on the web and putting in favorite books to see what came up when I came across The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets. I'd read all of the books that were like all of my other favorites, except for Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle (I'm still planning on reading the others, as well. Bring on the Elvis impersonators!). I

I suggested this as Januarys book club book because I was looking for something that was not too taxing, but still respectable, and this turned out to be the perfect choice. It is the story of Penelope Wallace (actually Lady Penelope, though not too much is made of that), an impoverished noblewoman (or rather an impoverished eighteen year old girl), whose family owns a stately home of England, but one that is falling apart since her father died in the war hot on the heals of her grandparents and

This review was originally posted on [Between My Lines]I love books about female friendship and at the very heart of this book is a friendship that is exuberant, fun and full of life. Actually the whole book is full of that too. First Line of The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice: "I met Charlotte in London one afternoon while waiting for a bus." My Thoughts on The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets by Eva Rice: The setting of this book is fab. Its set in post war England at a time of huge

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.