Download Books One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1) Online Free

Share:

Point Books In Favor Of One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1)

Original Title: One Crazy Summer
ISBN: 0060760885 (ISBN13: 9780060760885)
Edition Language: English
Series: Gaither Sisters #1
Characters: Delphine Gaither, Fern Gaither, Vonetta Gaither, Big Ma, Pa Gaither, Cecile Johnson
Literary Awards: Newbery Medal Nominee (2011), Scott O'Dell Award (2011), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (2012), Coretta Scott King Book Award for Author (2011), California Young Readers Medal Nominee for Middle School/Junior High (2014) Judy Lopez Memorial Award for Children's Literature Nominee (2011), National Book Award Finalist for Young People's Literature (2010), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee (2010), Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award Nominee (2013)
Download Books One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1) Online Free
One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1) Hardcover | Pages: 224 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 26590 Users | 3635 Reviews

Chronicle Conducive To Books One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1)

In the summer of 1968, after travelling from Brooklyn to Oakland, California, to spend a month with the mother they barely know, eleven-year-old Delphine and her two younger sisters arrive to a cold welcome as they discover that their mother, a dedicated poet and printer, is resentful of the intrusion of their visit and wants them to attend a nearby Black Panther summer camp.

In a humorous and breakout book by Williams-Garcia, the Penderwicks meet the Black Panthers.

Present Out Of Books One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1)

Title:One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1)
Author:Rita Williams-Garcia
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 224 pages
Published:January 26th 2010 by Quill Tree Books
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Childrens. Middle Grade. Fiction. Young Adult. Realistic Fiction

Rating Out Of Books One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1)
Ratings: 3.99 From 26590 Users | 3635 Reviews

Comment On Out Of Books One Crazy Summer (Gaither Sisters #1)
Well, that gave me a whole lotta feels.

Delphine is growing up under tough circumstances. She is the de facto leader of her little family. Her sisters look up to her. Her mom left the family years ago, but now Delphine and her sisters are going to stay with her for the summer. I kind of loved the depiction of this very nontraditional mother. Delphine's mom is politically active, professional, creative, stylish, and not particularly interested in her children. The neglect is awful, of course, but I think it's healthy to see moms who do

When Rita Williams-Garcia visited the Tween Media Literacy class I co-taught this past fall as a guest speaker, she dubbed her latest effort "The Penderwicks meets The Black Panthers," and I can't think of a more apt description than that! The world of 1960's activism and the Black Power movement is seen through the eyes of eleven-year-old Delphine, who, along with her two younger sisters, are visiting their mother for the first time in the summer of 1968. Cecile abandoned the family when the

This was so great - it's going on to the (virtual) shelf of MG books that present difficult, even painful family dynamics with a light and humorous touch. Delphine is wonderful, and the time and place beautifully depicted. It was also great to learn about the type of summer camp the Black Panthers ran in many communities. I especially loved the way we see Delphine finally able to voice her anger at her mother for leaving, and know that's not the end of it. Just one small quote: I wouldn't be

This was so great - it's going on to the (virtual) shelf of MG books that present difficult, even painful family dynamics with a light and humorous touch. Delphine is wonderful, and the time and place beautifully depicted. It was also great to learn about the type of summer camp the Black Panthers ran in many communities. I especially loved the way we see Delphine finally able to voice her anger at her mother for leaving, and know that's not the end of it. Just one small quote: I wouldn't be

I do not ordinarily read middle-grade books unless I am sharing them with my grandson, but I was drawn to this beautiful book initially because of its subject matter - children in Oakland during the early days of the Black Panther Party. But this book is so much more than its historical setting. I fell head-over-heels in love with the narrator of this book, Delphine, and her younger sisters, Vonetta and Fern. With a group here on Goodreads, I recently reread the wonderful short story collection

This didn't just blow my socks off; it blew them through space and time. This book was a TOTAL SOCK-OBLITERATING EXPERIENCE.11-year-old Delphine and her two younger sisters are sent to Oakland from Brooklyn for a month during the summer of 1968 to meet their mother, Cecile, who walked out when the youngest was a newborn. Turns out Cecile, who now goes by Nzila, wants nothing to do with her daughters (who live with their dad and grandmother) -- she's now a poet and an associate of the Black

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.