Download Books Online The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation Free

Share:

Itemize Regarding Books The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

Title:The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
Author:Thich Nhat Hanh
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 140 pages
Published:May 1st 1999 by Beacon Press (first published 1975)
Categories:Nonfiction. Spirituality. Religion. Buddhism. Philosophy. Self Help. Psychology
Download Books Online The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation  Free
The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation Paperback | Pages: 140 pages
Rating: 4.24 | 21470 Users | 1035 Reviews

Representaion As Books The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

In this beautiful and lucid guide, Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh offers gentle anecdotes and practical exercise as a means of learning the skills of mindfulness--being awake and fully aware. From washing the dishes to answering the phone to peeling an orange, he reminds us that each moment holds within it an opportunity to work toward greater self-understanding and peacefulness.

Describe Books In Favor Of The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation

Original Title: The Miracle of Mindfulness: A Manual on Meditation
ISBN: 0807012394 (ISBN13: 9780807012390)
Edition Language: English

Rating Regarding Books The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
Ratings: 4.24 From 21470 Users | 1035 Reviews

Assessment Regarding Books The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
Q:Nothing should be treated more carefully than anything else. In mindfulness, compassion, irritation, mustard green plant, and teapot are all sacred. (c)

The subtitle is "an introduction to the practice of meditation." That's a bit misleading. This is a lot more than a value-free manual. The introduction tells us this the main text was originally a long letter from Thich Nhat Hanh to a fellow Buddhist monk in Vietnam in the midst of the war in 1975. Hanh, exiled from Vietnam, worked against the war and was nominated by Martin Luther King for the Nobel Peace Prize. Translated into English under his supervision by a friend, you can't sever this

When I read this 20 years ago, it had a big effect on my life. I decided to read it again, and I remembered all the parts that had been so meaningful before but I didnt love it. In hindsight, I dont think I read it mindfully. (Irony alert.) So I read it almost immediately again, and absolutely loved it this time. My favorite parts are when hes traveling across the U.S. and his friend Jim starts popping pieces of a tangerine in his mouth while discussing their plans. He suggests to Jim he ought

So I enjoyed the first half of the book but began hearing an echo in the second half. Obviously the repetitive chants are mantras for meditation but it made for tedious reading. Definitely gonna apply a lot of what is here. Speaking of echoes, these thoughts are found throughout all religious disciplines and philosophiestheyre not new today nor were they new in 300 BC. What would be new is for the world to embrace the ideas and usher in peacethe Millennium. We can only try.

I'll never wash the dishes the same way again.

This was disappointing, as I have heard many great things about Hanh's writing. This book however is a mix of many things, and not all of it is terribly accessible to beginners, which is what the book is supposed to be about.The first half of the book is a collections of letters, expanded upon, discussing Mindfulness but also talking a great deal about the importance of the breath and breathing in mindfulness. This portion of the book is the most useful, the approach of capturing ones breath and

I remember when I was a student. The rules were to simply meditate and that was it! The same with Hindu Yoga. The same with all Eastern paths. Then I stumbled on this book. It was wonderful. Did you know that you can put in as little as 10 minutes a day of sitting meditation and then apply this mindfulness of breath to "washing the dishes"? Later, apply mindfulness (being aware) to taking a bath. To eating. Well, you will meditate now for 1 hour a day. In fact, Buddhist Masters state that

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.