The Scarlet Thread 
This novel actually is a story within a story, telling the story of Sierra along side the story of Mary Katherine. Both left their comfortable life among family to follow their husbands, and did this unwillingly. Though many years separated them, the two stories (Mary Katherine's narrative told through her journal which survived all those centuries) are closer than is comfortable. This clearly shows that humans through the ages have battled the same enemy. Ms. Rivers does not hesitate to write about the hard issues, and does not gloss over the repercussions that might arise from them.
This is truly a romantic story, not so much between husband and wife, though that is definitely there, but between God and His crowning creation. How He pursues us, and uses our choices and decisions to call us to Him. How He is always there, waiting for us to turn to Him at our lowest point, when we feel the most insignificant and always loving us, even when our determination is to have nothing to do with Him.
So even though this is not my favorite book by Francine Rivers, this is one that has a permanent and prominent spot on my bookselves.
This is one of the most horrifying books I've ever read. Even more horrifying are all the 5 star reviews on it and women saying that it saved their marriage or changed their life.This is a story of a woman being emotionally abused by her husband, and God (and His noble messengers) telling her to suck it up and stop being such a whiny fucking bitch. That's it. That's the book. She gets back with a man who makes major life decisions for their family without consulting her, blames her for

I didn't end up reading the entire book. Personal preference, but I was horrified when the husband up and announced they were leaving their home, moving somewhere "glamorous", and putting their house of ten years up for sale. With NO forewarning or previous communication. THEN the husband immediately pitches the argument that he's given everything up for HER, maybe she should repay the favor. Um, she's been raising your children and making a home for you for ten years. I don't see how she OWED
I have mixed feelings about this book... On one hand, I did enjoy reading it and was very motivated to keep reading and finish it. On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about the message of the book- I feel like the woman was blamed way more than she should've been. Spoiler alert: There is NO excuse for having an affair; I don't care what your wife is like. Honestly, she had a legitimate reason to be ticked about having to move without having been consulted first. Yes, in Christian
After reading Redeeming Love, I couldn't wait to pick up another Francine Rivers book. The Scarlet Thread highlights the life of two women, generations apart but of the same family. Enduring differing but similar hardships, it is their ultimate reconciliation with their Savior that binds these two women together. Per the title, the scarlet thread is represented in a quilt made by the earlier of the two women. Interwoven throughout is a scarlet thread representing Jesus/God and is throughout each
An excellent book. Hard to describe because sometimes it seemed dramatic but there was a point to it.
Francine Rivers
Paperback | Pages: 462 pages Rating: 4.18 | 26959 Users | 904 Reviews

Specify About Books The Scarlet Thread
| Title | : | The Scarlet Thread |
| Author | : | Francine Rivers |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 462 pages |
| Published | : | October 1st 2000 by Living Books (first published October 1st 1995) |
| Categories | : | Christian Fiction. Fiction. Christian. Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance |
Ilustration In Favor Of Books The Scarlet Thread
The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers is NOT my favorite book. It probably never will be, no matter how many times I read it. I can't even say I like Sierra, the main character of the novel, or what she does, or Alex, the other main character. Why not? Because reading this book is like holding up a mirror and looking at myself, square in the face. Never did I feel I was inside Sierra's mind, but often I felt she had invaded mine.This novel actually is a story within a story, telling the story of Sierra along side the story of Mary Katherine. Both left their comfortable life among family to follow their husbands, and did this unwillingly. Though many years separated them, the two stories (Mary Katherine's narrative told through her journal which survived all those centuries) are closer than is comfortable. This clearly shows that humans through the ages have battled the same enemy. Ms. Rivers does not hesitate to write about the hard issues, and does not gloss over the repercussions that might arise from them.
This is truly a romantic story, not so much between husband and wife, though that is definitely there, but between God and His crowning creation. How He pursues us, and uses our choices and decisions to call us to Him. How He is always there, waiting for us to turn to Him at our lowest point, when we feel the most insignificant and always loving us, even when our determination is to have nothing to do with Him.
So even though this is not my favorite book by Francine Rivers, this is one that has a permanent and prominent spot on my bookselves.
Identify Books Conducive To The Scarlet Thread
| Original Title: | The Scarlet Thread |
| ISBN: | 0842342710 (ISBN13: 9780842342711) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Sierra |
| Setting: | California,2000(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | RITA Award by Romance Writers of America for Best Inspirational Romance (1997) |
Rating About Books The Scarlet Thread
Ratings: 4.18 From 26959 Users | 904 ReviewsJudgment About Books The Scarlet Thread
This is currently my third-favorite (view spoiler)[cheating spouse (hide spoiler)] romance. But it only achieves bronze medal status because I'm basically carving out my own version of this book by ignoring a couple of major dislikes. (view spoiler)[What works really well. Solid marital angst. The heroine suffers a lot of insults and emotional injury, such as the scene in which her husband insists on hiring a swank interior decorator for their new house because "I don't want it looking like itThis is one of the most horrifying books I've ever read. Even more horrifying are all the 5 star reviews on it and women saying that it saved their marriage or changed their life.This is a story of a woman being emotionally abused by her husband, and God (and His noble messengers) telling her to suck it up and stop being such a whiny fucking bitch. That's it. That's the book. She gets back with a man who makes major life decisions for their family without consulting her, blames her for

I didn't end up reading the entire book. Personal preference, but I was horrified when the husband up and announced they were leaving their home, moving somewhere "glamorous", and putting their house of ten years up for sale. With NO forewarning or previous communication. THEN the husband immediately pitches the argument that he's given everything up for HER, maybe she should repay the favor. Um, she's been raising your children and making a home for you for ten years. I don't see how she OWED
I have mixed feelings about this book... On one hand, I did enjoy reading it and was very motivated to keep reading and finish it. On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about the message of the book- I feel like the woman was blamed way more than she should've been. Spoiler alert: There is NO excuse for having an affair; I don't care what your wife is like. Honestly, she had a legitimate reason to be ticked about having to move without having been consulted first. Yes, in Christian
After reading Redeeming Love, I couldn't wait to pick up another Francine Rivers book. The Scarlet Thread highlights the life of two women, generations apart but of the same family. Enduring differing but similar hardships, it is their ultimate reconciliation with their Savior that binds these two women together. Per the title, the scarlet thread is represented in a quilt made by the earlier of the two women. Interwoven throughout is a scarlet thread representing Jesus/God and is throughout each
An excellent book. Hard to describe because sometimes it seemed dramatic but there was a point to it.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.