Details Books In Favor Of Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles #1)
| Original Title: | Rekindled |
| ISBN: | 0764201085 (ISBN13: 9780764201080) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Fountain Creek Chronicles #1 |
| Characters: | Larson Jennings, Kathryn Jennings, Annabelle Grayson McCutchens, Matthew Taylor |
| Setting: | Colorado Territory,1868(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | RITA Award by Romance Writers of America Nominee for First Book (2007) |
Tamera Alexander
Paperback | Pages: 334 pages Rating: 4.12 | 6596 Users | 435 Reviews

Itemize Appertaining To Books Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles #1)
| Title | : | Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles #1) |
| Author | : | Tamera Alexander |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 334 pages |
| Published | : | March 1st 2006 by Bethany House Publishers (first published 2006) |
| Categories | : | Christian Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Romance. Christian. Fiction. Historical Romance |
Rendition During Books Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles #1)
At a different time, in a different place, under different circumstances... could two people fall in love once again?Ten years ago Kathryn Jennings made a vow. For better or worse. And that promise still holds true, even though her marriage has not turned out as she expected. When her husband fails to return home one stormy winter night, she struggles to keep their ranch, but her efforts are blocked at every turn. After a shocking glimpse into her husband's past, Kathryn uncovers a hidden truth. What she wouldn't give to turn back time and be able to love her husband for the man that he was, not for the man she always wanted him to be.
Larson Jennings has spent his entire life running from a broken past, unable to trust, reluctant to try again. One fateful night, his life takes an unexpected twist, and soon he is forced to make a choice. Whatever he chooses, his decision may cost him his life.
Rating Appertaining To Books Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles #1)
Ratings: 4.12 From 6596 Users | 435 ReviewsAssessment Appertaining To Books Rekindled (Fountain Creek Chronicles #1)
I wasn't excited about the premise of this book, and didn't like some of the pride issues, but ended up being pretty sweet. Definitely some more mature relationships (as in, well past the lusty, googly-eyed phase), which I appreciated. I like how Alexander's books aren't necessarily 'Christian' so much as 'Inspirational'. I had never really seen a distinction before--it's not often I actually feel inspired to change my life after reading fiction, but this had some nuggets of wisdom/perspectiveRekindled is a debut novel for Tamera Alexander and it won a RITA award in 2014 as a first book. Christian historical romance can often be synonymous with clean romance with Scripture thrown in. This one is definitely not that trope, in fact it seems to address all the common myths you find in romance. Set in Colorado in 1868, the author wastes no time creating a setting that is authentic. The characters are lifelike, only exception being the villains. This is the story of a marriage that is in
Oh wow! I read this book in one night. I cried countless times! What a beautiful book and great reminder of God's love . I'm speechless over it actually. Tamera Alexander is one of my new favorites.

3.8 -- I enjoyed this book, although I did think it dragged a bit in a few places. I felt sorry for one of my favorite characters, but I just knew that he and another character would get a story in the second book. I would have been disappointed if there were no sequel.
I liked the basic premise... husband disappears for 5 months, a body is found with his stuff so they think it is him--dead. In reality, he was caught in a horrible fire and has been getting nursed back to health so he can return to her. When he returns, she does not recognize him. They fall in love again, at a different time, place, and under different circumstances. UNFORTUNATELY, I found myself skipping large portions of the book--a bit overdone for me in the preachy and scripture quoting
Just when I believe that I have learned Tamera Alexander's style and can no longer be surprised at how well she writes, I read this first book in her Fountain Creek Chronicles series and was amazed. Unlike most of the novels I have read by her, this one was much more solidly and overtly Christian, and the themes of redemption, purification, forgiveness, and restoration were essential pieces of the plot. In addition, there was a large element of mystery and suspense in this historical romance
Phew. Goodness me, what a book! I don't think I was in the right mood when I picked up this one. Rekindled is a beautiful and heart-warming redemption story, but so difficult to read! I think I was feeling too low-spirited for a novel about characters who were low-spirited themselves and kept encountering hardship upon hardship. The first few chapters were just so sad and depressing! The heroine seemed a kind-hearted and strong, purposeful woman, but the hero was very tortured and bitter and it


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.