Download The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5) Free Books Full Version

Share:
Download The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5) Free Books Full Version
The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5) Kindle Edition | Pages: 322 pages
Rating: 4.15 | 63540 Users | 5083 Reviews

Identify About Books The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)

Title:The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)
Author:Stephen King
Book Format:Kindle Edition
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 322 pages
Published:April 24th 2012 by Scribner (first published February 21st 2012)
Categories:Fantasy. Fiction. Horror

Narration Supposing Books The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)

Stephen King returns to the rich landscape of Mid-World, the spectacular territory of the Dark Tower fantasy saga that stands as his most beguiling achievement.

Roland Deschain and his ka-tet—Jake, Susannah, Eddie, and Oy, the billy-bumbler—encounter a ferocious storm just after crossing the River Whye on their way to the Outer Baronies. As they shelter from the howling gale, Roland tells his friends not just one strange story but two . . . and in so doing, casts new light on his own troubled past.

In his early days as a gunslinger, in the guilt-ridden year following his mother’s death, Roland is sent by his father to investigate evidence of a murderous shape-shifter, a “skin-man” preying upon the population around Debaria. Roland takes charge of Bill Streeter, the brave but terrified boy who is the sole surviving witness to the beast’s most recent slaughter. Only a teenager himself, Roland calms the boy and prepares him for the following day’s trials by reciting a story from the Magic Tales of the Eld that his mother often read to him at bedtime. “A person’s never too old for stories,” Roland says to Bill. “Man and boy, girl and woman, never too old. We live for them.” And indeed, the tale that Roland unfolds, the legend of Tim Stoutheart, is a timeless treasure for all ages, a story that lives for us.

King began the Dark Tower series in 1974; it gained momentum in the 1980s; and he brought it to a thrilling conclusion when the last three novels were published in 2003 and 2004. The Wind Through the Keyhole is sure to fascinate avid fans of the Dark Tower epic. But this novel also stands on its own for all readers, an enchanting and haunting journey to Roland’s world and testimony to the power of Stephen King’s storytelling magic.

~from first edition jacket

Declare Books Conducive To The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)

Original Title: The Wind Through the Keyhole
Edition Language: English
Series: The Dark Tower #4.5
Characters: Roland Deschain
Literary Awards: Goodreads Choice Award for Fantasy (2012)

Rating About Books The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)
Ratings: 4.15 From 63540 Users | 5083 Reviews

Discuss About Books The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)
While taking shelter from a storm along the Path of the Beam, Roland tells his ka-tet a story from his youth, about going up against a skin-man with Jamie DeCurry, in which he tells a frightened youth yet another story to bolster his courage...First off, it pains me to give a Dark Tower book less than four stars but I thought this one was on par with Wizard and Glass.The Wind Through the Keyhole is really three tales nested within one another. One features our beloved ka-tet, somewhere between

3.5 Stars Believe it or not, there was a time when I hadn't read the Dark Tower series... but we don't talk about that. It's a painful time in my history, and polite company lets me keep my shame to myself. But I mention it because since stepping foot into the Tower multiverse, everything changed. I thought I was a Stephen King fan until I read the Dark Tower series, but I had no idea how much I could love King and his books. I adore this series. No other series or book can claim a higher spot

The first fantasy series that I ever read was Stephen King's epic The Dark Tower. Looking back, it is by no means my favourite fantasy series however it opened the door for me to this wonderful genre that I've loved for 7-years. In similar fashion to the Russian doll-esque tale featured in The Wind Through the Keyhole, there is a story within a story with reference to my experiences too.This review features one major spoiler for the series yet is referenced in the novel's forward by King himself

The writing was stellar in this book, telling a story within a story has to be pretty difficult. While the story was entertaining, I'm having trouble seeing why it was necessary. I'm reading the DT series through for the first time and thought I would respect the order where this book fell, and feel like I could have done without this pitstop that takes away from the main journey. That being said, I look forward to starting Wolves of the Calla to get back on track!

Welcome to flashback town, population - Wizard and Glass and The Wind Through the Keyhole. (It's a terrible ride btw, unless you enjoy your head getting bashed over and over again.)Wizard and Glass may have the record for length of flashback, but Wind Through the Keyhole goes Inception* on that flashback with a flashback** within a flashback. *It's still accepted to reference Inception right?**Okay, really it's a story within a flashback, but the story is a flashback to an even younger Roland

Shenanigans! I cry shenanigans on Stephen King!King put me through years of mental torture with The Dark Tower series, but I was able to forgive once he finally delivered a fitting ending to that saga. So I had a lot of concerns about him returning to the story of Roland. I worried that King had come down with a vicious case of Lucasitis that was going to have him tinkering with this story repeatedly. However, Kings public statements indicated that it would not change the core Dark Tower story

It was good to be back in Midworld, if only for a short visit. This book is three stories in one, and those looking for an expansion of the quest for the Tower will be disappointed. Only the frame story contains Roland and his ka-tet from our world. Roland tells Jake, Eddie, and Susannah a tale from his days as a young gunslinger, but even that story is just another frame for the true story: The Wind Through the Keyhole, a fairytale Roland's mother told him when he was a young boy. The fairytale

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.