Free Books Online Dracula (Dracula Series #1)

Share:

Itemize Books Supposing Dracula (Dracula Series #1)

Original Title: Dracula
ISBN: 0393970124 (ISBN13: 9780393970128)
Edition Language: English
Series: Dracula
Series: #1
Characters: Jonathan Harker, Lucy Westenra, Abraham Van Helsing, John Seward, Quincey Morris, Arthur Holmwood (later Lord Godalming), R.M. Renfield, Mina Murray Harker, Quincey Harker, Peter Hawkins, Samuel F. Billington, Herr Leutner, Mr. Swales, Mr. Westenra, Mrs. Westenra, Lord Godalming (elder), Patrick Hennessey, Thomas Bilder, Sister Agatha (Dracula), Dr. Vincent, Thomas Snelling, Joseph Smollett, Sam Bloxam, Billington Junior, Attendant Hardy, Captain of the Demeter, Abramoff (Demeter Crew), Olgaren (Demeter Crew), Mate of the Demeter (Roumanian), Second Mate of the Demeter, Rufus Smith, Mr. Mackenzie, Mr. Steinkoff, Captain Donelson, Immanuel Hildesheim, Petrof Skinsky, Lady Godalming, Mrs. Seward, Dracula
Setting: Transylvania(Romania) Budapest(Hungary) Whitby, Yorkshire, England(United Kingdom) …more London, England …less
Free Books Online Dracula (Dracula Series #1)
Dracula (Dracula Series #1) Paperback | Pages: 488 pages
Rating: 3.99 | 878201 Users | 23598 Reviews

Point Out Of Books Dracula (Dracula Series #1)

Title:Dracula (Dracula Series #1)
Author:Bram Stoker
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Norton Critical Edition
Pages:Pages: 488 pages
Published:May 12th 1986 by Norton (first published May 26th 1897)
Categories:Classics. Fiction. Young Adult. Historical. Historical Fiction. Childrens

Commentary During Books Dracula (Dracula Series #1)

You can find an alternative cover edition for this ISBN here and here.

A rich selection of background and source materials is provided in three areas: Contexts includes probable inspirations for Dracula in the earlier works of James Malcolm Rymer and Emily Gerard. Also included are a discussion of Stoker's working notes for the novel and "Dracula's Guest," the original opening chapter to Dracula. Reviews and Reactions reprints five early reviews of the novel. "Dramatic and Film Variations" focuses on theater and film adaptations of Dracula, two indications of the novel's unwavering appeal. David J. Skal, Gregory A. Waller, and Nina Auerbach offer their varied perspectives. Checklists of both dramatic and film adaptations are included.

Criticism collects seven theoretical interpretations of Dracula by Phyllis A. Roth, Carol A. Senf, Franco Moretti, Christopher Craft, Bram Dijkstra, Stephen D. Arata, and Talia Schaffer.

A Chronology and a Selected Bibliography are included.

Rating Out Of Books Dracula (Dracula Series #1)
Ratings: 3.99 From 878201 Users | 23598 Reviews

Assess Out Of Books Dracula (Dracula Series #1)
Oh Im so relieved to read your review and all the comments agreeing. I switched to audible for the last half and still found it hard going to bother

Dracula is, of course, one of the most renowned horror stories, and the most well-known vampire novel. Bram Stoker set the ground rules for what a vampire should be, and set the benchmark for all other writers of the vampire afterwards. Indeed, if tyrannical villains are a necessity of Gothic fiction then Count Dracula is the father of all gothic villains, in spite of it being one of the last Gothic fiction novels to be written. Its a work of genius that his presence is felt so strongly in the

Dracula, the book, struck a chord with me. In it was a fight between good and evil. Modern vampires have great seduction powers. I never liked that. I also didn't like vampires in many Urban Fantasy books. The Hollows series spring to mind. The greatest change in the villainous vampires arises in Anne Rice's books. It was a perfect case study of an idea done to the death.In Dracula, several people record their impressions. I 'pretend' to know that the women in the books, Lucy and Mina, have the

I turned the first page of this universally loved classic thinking that I was going to plunge into one of the worlds best love stories ever written, between Dracula and a lovely lady.Say what? Love story? BOUAHAHAHAHAHAHA.Right. I blame modern TV shows and movies for growing that thought into my mind over the years. Oh and this, too: (view spoiler)[ (hide spoiler)]. You're one deceiving cover. Dracula is such a romanticized character nowadays that being exposed to his true Bram Stoker style

I find Victorian horror so interesting because its a clear reaction to social norms of the time, to the buttoned-down and repressed social climate of the time, to the new moral standards of the church and the new questions brought up and hidden away by scientific thought. But under the fabric of late Victorian society lay wide ranges of change; the increased marriage rate and idea of the domestic sphere for women giving way to the New Woman, the upper class vs. lower class divide giving way to a

I believe this may be the edition I read "first". This is an amazing book. I've read reviews by those who disagree and reviews by those who hated the format. But I was swept up in it the first time I read it as a teen and have been every time since. My advice is don't worry about all the psychological baggage that has been tacked on over the years...and please don't confuse the movie "Bram Stoker's Dracula" with the actual plot, story, and characters in the book. It doesn't remotely resemble the

I was rather disappointed by this classic. It started out with promise, especially the Jonathan Harker bits. Then all the male characters descended into blubbering worshippers of the two female characters, and by the end of the novel, I was wishing Dracula could snack on all of them and be done with it. I kept having to put it aside and read chapters in between other books, but I managed to finish it at last.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.