Free Books Online Leviathan (Leviathan #1) Download

Share:

Details Out Of Books Leviathan (Leviathan #1)

Title:Leviathan (Leviathan #1)
Author:Scott Westerfeld
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 440 pages
Published:October 6th 2009 by Simon Pulse
Categories:Science Fiction. Steampunk. Young Adult. Fantasy. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Alternate History
Free Books Online Leviathan (Leviathan #1) Download
Leviathan (Leviathan #1) Hardcover | Pages: 440 pages
Rating: 3.92 | 82622 Users | 6939 Reviews

Relation In Favor Of Books Leviathan (Leviathan #1)

Prince Aleksander, would-be heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, is on the run. His own people have turned on him. His title is worthless. All he has is a battletorn war machine and a loyal crew of men.

Deryn Sharp is a commoner, disguised as a boy in the British Air Service. She's a brilliant airman. But her secret is in constant danger of being discovered.

With World War I brewing, Alek and Deryn's paths cross in the most unexpected way…taking them on a fantastical, around-the-world adventure that will change both their lives forever.

Define Books As Leviathan (Leviathan #1)

Original Title: Leviathan
ISBN: 1416971734 (ISBN13: 9781416971733)
Edition Language: English URL http://scottwesterfeld.com/books/leviathan/
Series: Leviathan #1
Characters: Deryn Sharp, Prince Aleksander
Setting: Austria London, England
Literary Awards: Locus Award for Best Young Adult Book (2010), Kurd-Laßwitz-Preis Nominee for Bestes ausländisches Werk (2011), Golden Duck Award Nominee for Young Adult (Hal Clement Award) (2011), Ditmar Award Nominee for Best Novel (2010), Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire Nominee for Roman jeunesse étranger (2011) Queensland Premier's
Literary Awards: Nominee for Young Adult Book Award (2010), Pennsylvania Young Readers' Choice Award Nominee (2011), Rhode Island Teen Book Award Nominee (2011), Aurealis Award for Young Adult Novel (2009), The Inky Awards Nominee for Silver Inky (2010), Lincoln Award Nominee (2013), Andre Norton Award Nominee (2009), Goodreads Choice Award for Science Fiction (2009), Carnegie Medal Nominee (2011), The Inky Awards Shortlist for Silver Inky (2010), Prix Elbakin.net for Meilleur roman fantasy traduit Jeunesse (2011), Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award Nominee (2012)

Rating Out Of Books Leviathan (Leviathan #1)
Ratings: 3.92 From 82622 Users | 6939 Reviews

Assess Out Of Books Leviathan (Leviathan #1)
My first impression of this book is that it is beautifully done. The map on the inside covers are amazing with the details and colors. Plus the illustrations throughout the book are fantastic. Full page sketches of a scene that are highly detailed and stunning. The text itself though is not written for teens but for young pre-teens, and the characters are said to be 15-16 but appear 12 or so in the illustrations. It just all sounds and feels so juvenile. They also think, sound, and act juvenile.

1.5*'s. This book read like a newsreel being delivered by a stiff network anchor. I never felt engaged by the story or the characters. Everything moves at a super slow pace an is overly simplistic. The book is a steampunk and historical fictional piece about the son of assassinated WW1 icon Franz Ferdinand. The story takes place in the events leading up to and then in the war. The fictitiously named son spends his time on the run in a dirigible learning secrets long kept from him. I will not be

I felt that this series was best reviewed as one coherent narrative given the relatively short period of time the books cover, the continuous story that was told, and the similarities between them.The Leviathan series is a fun mix of steampunk, adventure, and historical/alternative history that, for the most part, delivered a satisfying and enjoyable reading experience (even if the end of the series does sink a bit too deeply into some annoying YA qualities). I was able to devour these books at

Whewwhere do I begin? First off, let me tell you this is my first steampunk experience, which will definitely not be my last. At work, Ive had a few of my co-workers recommend this book to me, along with about fifteen other steampunk titles. I ignored them. Steampunk just wasnt my bag. It seemed tootoowhats the word?...ridiculous. Months passed. But every time I needed a new book to read and review for my job, I always found myself looking at LEVIATHAN. The cover art is pretty cool; but just not

Alternate title: An Adventure in Which an Aristocratic Young Man Discovers How to Pilot an All-Terrain Walker and that he is Now an Orphan, and a Young Woman Disguises Herself as a Young Man and Joins the Navy to Pilot Flying Octopi and Whales.I rarely read Young Adult, so it is a mark of Westerfelds credit that I didnt abandon ship immediately. I picked it up as a monthly read, mistakenly assuming the group disqualified the genre from nominations. I know what you are thinkingwhy didnt I quit?

I did in the end enjoy this novel, but I had a few reservations. I loved the illustrations. I wish they were all pushed a page later so they wouldn't spoil what was currently happening every time I turned the page, but that was alright. I think at times, I found it easy to put down, but once I committed, I was totally in. The characters were pretty realistic with their characterizations and were kept super consistent. I loved the afterward where he explained his ideas for this alternate

Wow. Really, just...wow. I love alternate histories, and I dote on steampunk, and I am learning just how fertile the YA vineyards are in both these realms. This book is a wonderful tale of an alternate WWI, fought between the Darwinist powers and the Clankers. That is, those whose fighting technology is genetically manipulated animal based, and those whose fighting technology is...well, technology.Darwin's theories of evolution became available to manipulate and modify animals at a much earlier

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.