Free Books Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1) Online Download

Share:

Describe Books During Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1)

Original Title: Peter the Great: His Life and World
ISBN: 1842121162 (ISBN13: 9781842121160)
Edition Language: English
Series: The Romanovs #1
Characters: Peter the Great, Louis XIV of France, William of Orange
Setting: Russia
Literary Awards: Pulitzer Prize for Biography or Autobiography (1981), National Book Award Finalist for Autobiography/BiographyHardcover (1981) & (Paperback) (1982)
Free Books Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1) Online Download
Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1) Paperback | Pages: 909 pages
Rating: 4.23 | 12701 Users | 725 Reviews

List Appertaining To Books Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1)

Title:Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1)
Author:Robert K. Massie
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 909 pages
Published:April 19th 2001 by W&N (first published 1980)
Categories:History. Biography. Nonfiction. Cultural. Russia. Russian History. Biography Memoir. European History

Chronicle In Favor Of Books Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1)

Against the monumental canvas of seventeenth- and eighteenth-century Europe and Russia, unfolds the magnificent story of Peter the Great, crowned at the age of 10. A barbarous, volatile feudal tsar with a taste for torture; a progressive and enlightened reformer of government and science; a statesman of vision and colossal significance: Peter the Great embodied the greatest strengths and weaknesses of Russia while being at the very forefront of her development.

Robert K. Massie delves deep into the life of this captivating historical figure, chronicling the pivotal events that shaped a boy into a legend - including his 'incognito' travels in Europe, his unquenchable curiosity about Western ways, his obsession with the sea and establishment of the stupendous Russian navy, his creation of an unbeatable army, and his relationships with those he loved most: Catherine, his loving mistress, wife, and successor; and Menshikov, the charming, unscrupulous prince who rose to power through Peter's friendship. Impetuous and stubborn, generous and cruel, a man of enormous energy and complexity, Peter the Great is brought fully to life.

Rating Appertaining To Books Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1)
Ratings: 4.23 From 12701 Users | 725 Reviews

Judge Appertaining To Books Peter the Great: His Life and World (The Romanovs #1)
Robert Massie's "Peter the Great: His life and World" has been a wonderful book to listen to, for me. The book is well researched and offers what is likely an accurate picture of an important figure in the History of Western Civilization. Before I get to deep into my romantic vision of what Massie has done here, let me say that this is first and foremost a text of history. It is almost 38 hour narrated as an audiobook and covers Peter's life in three segments, his rise to power, wars (mostly

It's been many years since I read this book, so I can't be terribly detailed, but I will tell you that this book is what led to my fascination with the Russian Tsars. It's beautifully detailed, providing not only the story of Peter the Great himself, but also all the other rulers with whom he interacted. The descriptions are beyond parallel. When I was reading it, I would think to myself, "I can actually smell the city." A truly amazing and enthralling book about history.My original edition was

An excellent and highly enjoyable biography.

This is my second Robert K. Massie book after "Nicholas and Alexandra." I really like the way he writes his books as they read like a history textbook and a novel meshed together. Again the author covers a lot of material related to Peter the Great and gives relevant information without going off topic. I learned a great deal as Peter the Great's reign was anything but dull. His building of Russia and St. Petersburg and the founding of the Russian Navy are only brief examples of his life. I

If you read just one book on Peter the Great, this should be it. If you read two books on Peter the Great, let me know how the other one turns out (just kidding, there are probably other good books on Peter the Great, but none likely as well written as this one). This book succeeds not just because it deals with a fascinating person in a time where the landscape of the world was ever changing, but it succeeds because the author, Robert Massie, is a fantastic and engaging writer. Seriously, to

Robert K. Massie won my heart with his book about Catherine the Great, so I definitely had to read the one about Peter as well. I cannot believe that I postponed it for so long. This will be one of the best books I've read this year. Massie writes in a clear and concise manner, spicing up the story with ample details which nonetheless never burden the line of narration. The book is perfectly suited both for serious history students as well as those of us who simply enjoy reading history. Indeed

If you complain about today, you should read about then. You were considered a bitch if you ate with a fork, just for starters. Men might prefer to live back then cause they inherited a whip from their father in-law to whip their spouses when they got out of line. The only person I know today that practices this form of discipline is Snoop Dogg (You gots to control your ho!). Peter was great for many reasons. The russians in this day were like the geico cavemen of their time. Peter was the first

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.