Free Books Usher's Passing Online Download

Share:

List Books In Favor Of Usher's Passing

Original Title: Usher's Passing
ISBN: 0671769928 (ISBN13: 9780671769925)
Edition Language: English
Literary Awards: Alabama Author Award for Fiction (1985)
Free Books Usher's Passing  Online Download
Usher's Passing Paperback | Pages: 416 pages
Rating: 3.92 | 4009 Users | 248 Reviews

Declare Regarding Books Usher's Passing

Title:Usher's Passing
Author:Robert R. McCammon
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 416 pages
Published:October 1st 1992 by Pocket Books (first published 1984)
Categories:Horror. Fiction. Mystery. Gothic. Suspense. Fantasy. Paranormal

Rendition Supposing Books Usher's Passing

In this most gothic of Robert McCammon's novels, setting is key: the continuing saga of the Usher family (descended from the brother of Roderick and Madeline of Edgar Poe's "Fall of the House of Usher") takes place in the weird and picturesque heart of the North Carolina mountains. The haughty, aristocratic Ushers live in a mansion near Asheville; the poor but crafty mountain folk (whose families are just as ancient) live on Briartop Mountain nearby. At harvest time, when the book's action unfolds, the mountains are a blaze of color. Add to the mixture a sinister history of mountain kids disappearing every year, a journalist investigating those disappearances, a monster called "The Pumpkin Man," moldy books and paintings in a huge old library at the Usher estate, and a secret chamber with a strange device involving a brass pendulum and tuning forks--and you've got a splendid recipe for atmospheric horror.

Originally published: New York: Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, 1984.

Rating Regarding Books Usher's Passing
Ratings: 3.92 From 4009 Users | 248 Reviews

Commentary Regarding Books Usher's Passing
Usher's Passing is one of Robert McCammon's finest early novels. I was captivated by the story and characters, as well as the homage paid to Edgar Allan Poe in a few different ways. I also loved how McCammon chronicled the history of the Usher family. This is a fantastic and scary tale, perfect for the Halloween season.

This is a scary book. This is a spine-tingling, read in the dark book. Dare you read it? Go on, I dare you but youll be left with such imagery you will never forget. It will haunt you. McCammon delivers the scariest book Ive read, ever. Ive got chills. Inspired by Poes House of Usher, McCammon certainly awakens his inner-Poe for this tale of the Usher family and all the spooky goings on. Its a mark of a great writer when they can make you feel what the characters are going through. The Usher

I am a Robert McCammon fan. I have read most of his books and loved them all . . . until now. Man, what a bummer. Ushers Passing seems like essential Halloween reading, having been written and published at the height of the 80s horror boom. Before this McCammon had released two of my favorite novels, They Thirst and Mystery Walk a couple of his scariest, most suspenseful works to date. Ushers Passing is anything but scary or suspenseful.Based on Edgar Allan Poes The Fall of the House of Usher,

This book is so, so, so good. The story is so suspenseful. The characters are great and the background of the Ushers is so awesome. It's a hard one to put down once you get into it.

Cover of the 1985 Ballantine mass-market I have. But I prefer the later editions with the Rowena Morrill J. Thiesen art:My Goodreads friends keep informing me that there's something deeply, deeply wrong with me since I'm kind of "meh" on the McCammon I've read (other than Boy's Life), so I figured that if this southern gothic-seeming novel taking place in a mansion in the North Carolina mountains doesn't work for me, nothing of his will.---------------------------------------Well I just may have

My first venture into McCammon and I really enjoyed it. The beginning part with Poe was a great touch. Looks like I'll have to find more of his work!!!

Robert R. McCammon has got to be one of the greatest storytellers I've ever had the pleasure of being introduced to. The quality of his work never ceases to amaze me ... the way he can just draw you right in and create such realistic characters and sweeping dramas that don't feel like it's taking as long to get through as the book actually is (especially when you're listening to the audiobook version). It's amazing to me. As a writer, I'm humbled, astounded with admiration, and intimidated by

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.