Specify Based On Books A Brief History of Time
| Title | : | A Brief History of Time |
| Author | : | Stephen Hawking |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Updated & Expanded 10th Anniversary |
| Pages | : | Pages: 212 pages |
| Published | : | September 1st 1998 by Bantam Books (first published April 1st 1988) |
| Categories | : | Science. Nonfiction. Physics. History |

Stephen Hawking
Paperback | Pages: 212 pages Rating: 4.17 | 272301 Users | 8121 Reviews
Narration Concering Books A Brief History of Time
In the ten years since its publication in 1988, Stephen Hawking's classic work has become a landmark volume in scientific writing, with more than nine million copies in forty languages sold worldwide. That edition was on the cutting edge of what was then known about the origins and nature of the universe. But the intervening years have seen extraordinary advances in the technology of observing both the micro- and the macrocosmic worlds. These observations have confirmed many of Professor Hawking's theoretical predictions in the first edition of his book, including the recent discoveries of the Cosmic Background Explorer satellite (COBE), which probed back in time to within 300,000 years of the universe's beginning and revealed wrinkles in the fabric of space-time that he had projected. Eager to bring to his original text the new knowledge revealed by these observations, as well as his own recent research, Professor Hawking has prepared a new introduction to the book, written an entirely new chapter on wormholes and time travel, and updated the chapters throughout.Itemize Books In Pursuance Of A Brief History of Time
| Original Title: | A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes |
| ISBN: | 0553380168 (ISBN13: 9780553380163) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Literary Awards: | Royal Society Science Book Prize Nominee for General Prize (1989) |
Rating Based On Books A Brief History of Time
Ratings: 4.17 From 272301 Users | 8121 ReviewsComment On Based On Books A Brief History of Time
stephen hawking has always been my favorite person on this planet and his recent passing has finally inspired me - after years and years of putting it off - to pick up his most famous work. im excited to learn more about space, the love of my life. rest in peace, stephen hawking. what an honor to have lived at the same place and time as you. 💫Things I learnt from Stephen Hawking11 October 2014 Ever since I took up physics in year 11 I have had a love affair with the subject, which is odd since I went on to study an arts/law degree (but that probably had something to do with the fact that I would not have had the staying power to pour all of my energy into helping human knowledge advance towards establishing a unified theory). I still wonder where I ended up getting this book, and it had been sitting on my shelf for quite a while
I've always liked science. But, it has never really been easy to distinguish my favorite subject, as I really like them all, so science is on par with history and math and literature for me.But, after reading this book and the works of Brian Greene, as well as numerous other popular books on physics, I have seen science in an entirely different light. If people could still produce intelligent books such as this one, then our world might actually be a fairly pleasant one. I'm not saying that

The universe doesn't allow perfection. Stephen Hawking, A Brief History of Time I know. I know. I both loved and hated this book. I definitely should never have read this book, cut the pages, opened the box, etc.. Somehow Stephen Hawking has written a book that gently fluffs the tail on Schrödinger's cat (or perhaps Schrödinger's cat is fluffing Dr. Hawking). Look, no doubt the guy is a genius and has a fantastic story (ALS, computer voice, nurses, Black Holes, strippers, movies, etc). My
Without a doubt a masterpiece!It's just incredible how Hawking explains to us the complex and mindboggling secrets and concepts of physics and our universe, with amazing wit , clarity, and simplicity.The questions that we all used to ask to ourselves and to our parents, about god, about time, life and it's meaning, the sky, stars, about who created our universe and about it's beginning, about our fate......we had that unique quality called curiosity when we were children, but then, as we grew up
Isn't it amazing that a person can read a book like A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking and come away feeling both smarter and dumber than before he started? What a universe we live in!It's quite short and generally a quick read. Not every page is filled with mind-blowing/numbing theories and brain-busting equations. Some of it is just history, say on Newton and such. However, there were a few pages worth of passages where my wee brain felt like it was getting sucked into a black
A classic text where the amazing Stephen Hawking explains string theory and quantum mechanics "for dummies." Highly readable and even comical, it is a superb read. I need to go back and read this one again myself!


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.