The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3) 
Loyal Aeriel understood nothing of the darkangel's purpose, yet knowing would not have stopped her. She vowed to rescue her friend and mistress -- and thus placed herself in Irrylath's power. He took her to his cold, lonely castle to serve Eoduin and his twelve other brides -- tormented soulless wraiths who had once been flesh-and-blood women.
---
3-in-1 Bookclub Edition includes:
Book 1) "The Darkangel", c. 1982 (0316707414)
Book 2) "A Gathering of Gargoyles", c. 1984 (0316707346)
Book 3) "The Pearl of the Soul of the World", c. 1990 (0316707430)
I was so obsessed with these books in 8th grade (1991) I started to write my own version starting where the third book left so many readers hanging. The characters in this storyline and their fate is never defined and I remember being extremely disappointed the series had concluded. Great read and love the idea of "moon people" in an implied futuristic setting filled with historic rituals & images.
A beautiful, slightly surreal, haunting young adult fantasy that is perfect for adults as well. A close reading of the first book, The Darkangel, will give you hints that this is really sci-fi disguised as fantasy, hints which are repeated more emphatically later on. The astute reader will also find hints of "The Arabian Nights" and "The Ugly Duckling" and maybe even "Beauty and the Beast" in The Darkangel as well, but although the story has that anything-can-happen feel found in fairy tales, it

I liked this trilogy I think because it reminded me less of vampires and more of Beauty and the Beast or the Greco-Roman myth of Cupid and Psyche, especially the part where Cupid visits her every night to sleep with her, but demands that she never light any lamps, since he does not want her to know who he is until the time is right.All reminders aside, the whole series is creative with some interesting lands and enemies. The whole series is a quick read. This might be one of those series that I
I read and reviewed the books in this trilogy separately, so this is really just for my own records. I LOVE this series. I loved it as a kid and I love it as an adult. Darkangel, my favourite of the three as a child, got five stars from me for the creepy central relationship with an absolutely sane protagonist who understands both justice and mercy. A Gathering of Gargoyles, also five stars, is I think my favourite as an adult, because of the depth of imagery in it, the colour and wonder and
I soooo enjoyed the strong female characters in this trilogy. Strong, but not invincible. Not perfect. But also, not weak in a "damsel-in-distress" kind of way. They are beset by human weakness (for example, the desire to love and to be loved), but we see how this informs their choices and actions rather than wallowing in the weakness itself. They learn. They grow. They make bad choices. There are consequences.A sampling:Aeriel: Our Sacrificial Heroine. She displays heroic virtue in many moments
This is what Twilight wishes it was.
Meredith Ann Pierce
Hardcover | Pages: 471 pages Rating: 4.4 | 852 Users | 63 Reviews

Particularize Books In Favor Of The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3)
| Original Title: | The Darkangel Trilogy ASIN B000Q5W3WM |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Darkangel Trilogy #1-3 |
Interpretation As Books The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3)
They had been searching the mountain for a rare nectar -- the mistress, Eoduin, carelessly scoffing at old tales of the evil creatures they might encounter... the slave, Aeriel, apprehensive, and rightly so. For a darkangel DID swoop from the sky, and he stole the beautiful Eoduin away...Loyal Aeriel understood nothing of the darkangel's purpose, yet knowing would not have stopped her. She vowed to rescue her friend and mistress -- and thus placed herself in Irrylath's power. He took her to his cold, lonely castle to serve Eoduin and his twelve other brides -- tormented soulless wraiths who had once been flesh-and-blood women.
---
3-in-1 Bookclub Edition includes:
Book 1) "The Darkangel", c. 1982 (0316707414)
Book 2) "A Gathering of Gargoyles", c. 1984 (0316707346)
Book 3) "The Pearl of the Soul of the World", c. 1990 (0316707430)
Itemize Epithetical Books The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3)
| Title | : | The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3) |
| Author | : | Meredith Ann Pierce |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | 3-in-1 Bookclub Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 471 pages |
| Published | : | 1990 by Guild America Books (first published 1982) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Science Fiction. Paranormal. Vampires. Romance. Fiction |
Rating Epithetical Books The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3)
Ratings: 4.4 From 852 Users | 63 ReviewsCriticism Epithetical Books The Darkangel Trilogy (Darkangel Trilogy #1-3)
GIRL MARRIES CURSED VAMPIRE PRINCE AND THEY FALL IN LOVE. VAMPIRES ON THE MOON!I WAS SO MAD AT THE DARKANGEL TRILOGY AS A BABBY MEMER BECAUSE I WANTED THE MAIN CHARACTER TO STAY WITH THE BROODING GUY, NOT BECOME BASICALLY A LOLSBIAN. I SHOULD REREAD THOSE.I LOVED AERIEL/IRRYLATH, BUT I LOVED BITTERSWEET ENDINGS AS A KID SO I LIKED THAT SHE GAVE HIS HEART BACK TO HIM AND TOOK BACK HER OWN AND THEN WENT OFF ON A MISSION THAT WOULD NEVER END.DARKANGEL IS ANOTHER SERIES WHERE THE ENDING INFURIATEDI was so obsessed with these books in 8th grade (1991) I started to write my own version starting where the third book left so many readers hanging. The characters in this storyline and their fate is never defined and I remember being extremely disappointed the series had concluded. Great read and love the idea of "moon people" in an implied futuristic setting filled with historic rituals & images.
A beautiful, slightly surreal, haunting young adult fantasy that is perfect for adults as well. A close reading of the first book, The Darkangel, will give you hints that this is really sci-fi disguised as fantasy, hints which are repeated more emphatically later on. The astute reader will also find hints of "The Arabian Nights" and "The Ugly Duckling" and maybe even "Beauty and the Beast" in The Darkangel as well, but although the story has that anything-can-happen feel found in fairy tales, it

I liked this trilogy I think because it reminded me less of vampires and more of Beauty and the Beast or the Greco-Roman myth of Cupid and Psyche, especially the part where Cupid visits her every night to sleep with her, but demands that she never light any lamps, since he does not want her to know who he is until the time is right.All reminders aside, the whole series is creative with some interesting lands and enemies. The whole series is a quick read. This might be one of those series that I
I read and reviewed the books in this trilogy separately, so this is really just for my own records. I LOVE this series. I loved it as a kid and I love it as an adult. Darkangel, my favourite of the three as a child, got five stars from me for the creepy central relationship with an absolutely sane protagonist who understands both justice and mercy. A Gathering of Gargoyles, also five stars, is I think my favourite as an adult, because of the depth of imagery in it, the colour and wonder and
I soooo enjoyed the strong female characters in this trilogy. Strong, but not invincible. Not perfect. But also, not weak in a "damsel-in-distress" kind of way. They are beset by human weakness (for example, the desire to love and to be loved), but we see how this informs their choices and actions rather than wallowing in the weakness itself. They learn. They grow. They make bad choices. There are consequences.A sampling:Aeriel: Our Sacrificial Heroine. She displays heroic virtue in many moments
This is what Twilight wishes it was.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.