Describe About Books Control (Control #1)
| Title | : | Control (Control #1) |
| Author | : | Lydia Kang |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 393 pages |
| Published | : | December 26th 2013 by Dial Books for Young Readers |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Science Fiction. Dystopia. Fantasy. Romance. Paranormal. Fiction |
Lydia Kang
Hardcover | Pages: 393 pages Rating: 3.86 | 4387 Users | 605 Reviews
Narrative Toward Books Control (Control #1)
When a crash kills their father and leaves them orphaned, Zel knows she needs to protect her sister, Dyl. But before Zel has a plan, Dyl is taken by strangers using bizarre sensory weapons, and Zel finds herself in a safe house for teens who aren’t like any she’s ever seen before—teens who shouldn’t even exist. Using broken-down technology, her new friends’ peculiar gifts, and her own grit, Zel must find a way to get her sister back from the kidnappers who think a powerful secret is encoded in Dyl’s DNA.Set in 2150—in a world of automatic cars, nightclubs with auditory ecstasy drugs, and guys with four arms—this is about the human genetic “mistakes” that society wants to forget, and the way that outcasts can turn out to be heroes.

Present Books Concering Control (Control #1)
| ISBN: | 0803739044 (ISBN13: 9780803739048) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Control #1 |
Rating About Books Control (Control #1)
Ratings: 3.86 From 4387 Users | 605 ReviewsNotice About Books Control (Control #1)
Wow. I loved this way more than I expected. Cy: I liked him the moment Zelia talked about the smell of his shirt. HA. Go ahead and call me weird. It's been a while since I read a book about (view spoiler)[people having special traits or powers (hide spoiler)] so I really enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was that there was ANOTHER stubborn heroine that "sacrificed" themselves for the "greater good". Is that the only type of heroine for dystopians? Oh and some things were cliche as always.This was like... X-Men meets Graceling meets the future meets AWESOME.
I had a lot of fun reading Control. I really was expecting something very different than what it ended up being and I like that! I like that it was very much not what I thought it would be. I didn't know how much I was going to like it but about 150 pages in things started really rolling and I had trouble putting it down! I find Lydia Kang's world in Control to be so interesting. I'm fascinated by it and how it will continue to fill out. Here's my full review/discussion/booktalk:

Xmen in Pride and Prejudice form? How cool! If I had known that this book was a sci-fi P&P, I would have read it a long time ago, since that is my favorite book ever! But, I was thrown off by so many negative reviews and the fact that nobody seemed to mention it. I had a great time finding all of the Pride and Prejudice nuggets in the book. Such as:The names: Main Character - Zelia Benson. Zelia is an anagram for Eliza - Elizabeth Bennett.Sister - Dylia - Anagram for Lydia, Elizabeth's
I really enjoyed this one. Mutations, saving someone you love? And the pacing was so fast I quickly devoured it. There's no surprise that the author is a doctor. Lots of scientific terms that just flew past my head lol
I couldn't even make it to the halfway mark. And apparently I would have only had slut-shaming and misogyny to look forward to. No thanks.
This was a fun ride! I had two favourite aspects: 1) the focus on SCIENCE. A lot of the time science in books can feel really fake: I can tell that authors are just making things up.. and that's totally fine, but it felt really special in this book that the science felt reasonable and possible, and 2) the cast of characters! I genuinely really like the crew that we have here, and I look forward to seeing what happens to them in future books.I did, of course, have some issues with this book too.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.