Free Download Books Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1) Online

Share:

Point Books Supposing Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1)

Original Title: Mördare utan ansikte
ISBN: 1400031575 (ISBN13: 9781400031573)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/107072/faceless-killers-by-henning-mankell/
Series: Kurt Wallander #1, Wallander #2
Characters: Kurt Wallander, Johannes Lövgren
Setting: Ystad, Skåne(Sweden) Sweden
Literary Awards: Glass Key Award (1992), Svenska Deckarakademins pris för bästa svenska kriminalroman (1991)
Free Download Books Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1) Online
Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1) Paperback | Pages: 280 pages
Rating: 3.77 | 61371 Users | 3205 Reviews

Narration To Books Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1)

It was a senselessly violent crime: on a cold night in a remote Swedish farmhouse an elderly farmer is bludgeoned to death, and his wife is left to die with a noose around her neck. And as if this didn’t present enough problems for the Ystad police Inspector Kurt Wallander, the dying woman’s last word is foreign, leaving the police the one tangible clue they have–and in the process, the match that could inflame Sweden’s already smoldering anti-immigrant sentiments.

Unlike the situation with his ex-wife, his estranged daughter, or the beautiful but married young prosecuter who has piqued his interest, in this case, Wallander finds a problem he can handle. He quickly becomes obsessed with solving the crime before the already tense situation explodes, but soon comes to realize that it will require all his reserves of energy and dedication to solve.
--back cover

Describe Containing Books Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1)

Title:Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1)
Author:Henning Mankell
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 280 pages
Published:January 14th 2003 by Vintage Crime/Black Lizard (first published 1991)
Categories:Mystery. Crime. Fiction. Thriller. Cultural. Sweden. European Literature. Scandinavian Literature

Rating Containing Books Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1)
Ratings: 3.77 From 61371 Users | 3205 Reviews

Crit Containing Books Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1)
the only thing I was afraid of was getting old and turning around and seeing that I had botched my life. But Im happy with the life that has been. This past summer I've read three books of Mankell; this being the latest I've read;--- and then this:http://www.theguardian.com/books/2015...Sad; let's preserve the memory of the master of the Scandinavian noir.Wallander lives on.

Although familiar with Swedish detective Kurt Wallender from the popular BBC series, this is the first of Henning Mankell's books that I have read. And what an excellent read it was. Mankell writes in a very spare, no-frills way to tell a story that is clear and absorbing. Wallender is a man whose life is in a mess; his wife has left him, his daughter is estranged, his father is becoming senile and Wallender himself is lonely, drinking to much and eating badly. However he is always focused on

I think I understand Kurt Wallander better now than I did when I read the series in my mid-twenties. It isn't all that easy to grow older, more tired and disillusioned in Sweden. After all, we're supposed to be a role model for others, and what if nothing works out here? Marriage, work, parenting, fitness, happiness, all those things come crashing down on us here in our welfare system as well, and then it is dark and rainy most of the time, and just before Midsummer, we all get the odd nostalgic

I remember a discussion I had years ago with a friend of mine about Jonathon Demme's film version of The Silence of the Lambs. We were both annoyed by the pacing of the film and joked that it was really the story of an FBI agent driving her car, with some dialogue thrown in to liven things up.I felt a bit that way reading Faceless Killers, the first Wallander book by Henning Mankell. I don't know if it was only this first Wallander mystery (it's the first I've read too) or if it is a common

To grow old is to live in fear. The dread of something menacing that you felt when you were a child returns when you get old. The first episode of a sitcom is usually a bit clunky. The joke to exposition ratio is low, and youve got all these new people to meet. While Henning Mankells Kurt Wallander series is by no stretch of the imagination a situational comedy, I tried to give its first volume the same benefit of the doubt. When our depressed, middle-aged police detective/protagonist,

Very bad book. Got sick of it after about 50 pages, kept going till 100 pages (my rule), then thought, well I might as well get credit for finishing it, so slogged it out.I had read another book by this author (The Man from Beijing), which was also terrible, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. The other book wasn't from this series, which is famous with its detective Kurt Wallander, inspiring a TV series etc. So, I thought, I will give the author another chance with the first Wallander

Faceless Killers marked the debut appearance of the dyspeptic Ystad detective, Kurt Wallander, and although the Swedish language version was written in 1991, the English translation did not follow until 1997. Given that my previous meeting with Wallander came in the form of the final novella of the series, I am struck by how much more gloomy and self-pitying the character seems to be in this first case, noticeably disposed to wallowing. From his early days as a new recruit in Malmö through to

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.