Free Download Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

Share:

Details About Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

Title:The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
Author:Edgar Allan Poe
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 400 pages
Published:April 1st 1998 by Signet Classics (first published September 1st 1839)
Categories:Classics. Horror. Fiction. Short Stories. Gothic. Literature. Mystery
Free Download Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales Paperback | Pages: 400 pages
Rating: 4.16 | 66086 Users | 421 Reviews

Ilustration Supposing Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

The eerie tales of Edgar Allan Poe remain among the most brilliant and influential works in American literature. Some of the celebrated tales contained in this unique volume include: the world's first two detective stories -- "The Murders in the Rue Morgue" and "The Purloined Letter"; and three stories sure to make a reader's hair stand on end -- "The Cask of Amontillado", "The Tell-Tale Heart", and "The Masque of the Red Death".
-- Includes a New Introduction by Stephen Marlowe, author of The Memoirs of Christopher Columbus and The Lighthouse at the End of the World
-- The Signet Classic Edition of "The Fall of the House of Usher" has over 250,000 copies in print!

Describe Books As The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales

Original Title: The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Writings
ISBN: 0451526759 (ISBN13: 9780451526755)
Edition Language: English
Setting: Nantucket, Massachusetts(United States)


Rating About Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
Ratings: 4.16 From 66086 Users | 421 Reviews

Crit About Books The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Tales
This is an interesting collection compiled by Signet Classics, including many of Poe's more famous (and gothic) short works such as "The Tell-Tale Heart", "The Masque of the Red Death" and "The Black Cat", as well as the detective stories that some argue inspired Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's famous Baker Street sleuth, "The Murders at Rue Morgue" and "The Purloined Letter". I had never read "The Casque of Amontillado" (even as, I confess, I knew its plot because of the internet meme) or "The Pit and

I don't like these kind of genres, that much. But Poe is a beautiful exception. He is brilliant at creating weird atmospheres, although sometimes it seems those descriptions are too long, with women dying all over the place. However, it is not difficult to get into the stories and feel real emotion.I really liked William Wilson, I liked "Ms. Found in a Bottle", "The Oval Portrait", the art of losing a wife by gaining a painting. "Ligeia", I don't quite get it yet, but it has a frightening

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. Before reading this book, I had a misconception that Edger Allen Poe was a horror writer. Oh, how wrong I was! Yes, Poe might be known for his stories of macabre and gothic horror. But it was his versatility that I found attractive in his writings. Without much further ado, let's see what this collection holds Macabre/Horror TRUE! nervous very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I AM MAD? Most of

I've been slowly working my way through this over the past six months, reading a story here and there. Initially I was quite daunted by the idea of Edgar Allan Poe, but as I progressed through the collection I found myself relaxing into it and just enjoying the writing. There were many standout stories in this collection, but I did especially enjoy The Fall of the House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Premature Burial, The Black Cat, The Masque of the Red Death, The Tell-tale Heart and

I read most of these stories in anthologies in middle school, but revisiting them, I found myself trapped in Poe's imaginative grip. "The Murders in the Rue Morgue" "The Pit and the Pendulum" "The Masque of the Red Death" "The Tell-Tale Heart" "The Fall of the House of Usher" Don't the titles themselves plunge you into terrible remembrance?From "The Black Cat": "Who has not, a hundred times, found himself committing a vile or stupid action, for no other reason than because he knows he should not



This selection of short stories reveals Edgar Allan Poe in all his moods. All the stories have been reviewed, but some have their own separate reviews and star rating. These are indicated with links at the end. This review and star rating is for the remainder of this selection. The Fall of the House of Usher (published in 1839) is the title story of the collection. It may well be one of the stories which started the current interest in the gothic genre, although Ann Radcliffe's "The Mysteries

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.