Free Download Books The Passion Online

Share:
Free Download Books The Passion  Online
The Passion Paperback | Pages: 176 pages
Rating: 4.11 | 18125 Users | 1344 Reviews

Define Containing Books The Passion

Title:The Passion
Author:Jeanette Winterson
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 176 pages
Published:August 7th 1997 by Grove Press (first published 1987)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Magical Realism. LGBT. GLBT. Queer

Rendition Concering Books The Passion

Jeanette Winterson’s novels have established her as one of the most important young writers in world literature. The Passion is perhaps her most highly acclaimed work, a modern classic that confirms her special claim on the novel. Set during the tumultuous years of the Napoleonic Wars, The Passion intertwines the destinies of two remarkable people: Henri, a simple French soldier, who follows Napoleon from glory to Russian ruin; and Villanelle, the red-haired, web-footed daughter of a Venetian boatman, whose husband has gambled away her heart. In Venice’s compound of carnival, chance, and darkness, the pair meet their singular destiny.

In her unique and mesmerizing voice, Winterson blends reality with fantasy, dream, and imagination to weave a hypnotic tale with stunning effects.


Mention Books To The Passion

Original Title: The Passion
ISBN: 0802135226 (ISBN13: 9780802135223)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.jeanettewinterson.com/pages/content/index.asp?PageID=18
Setting: Venice(Italy)
Literary Awards: John Llewellyn Rhys Prize (1987), Commonwealth Writers' Prize Nominee for Best Book in South Asia and Europe (1988)

Rating Containing Books The Passion
Ratings: 4.11 From 18125 Users | 1344 Reviews

Criticism Containing Books The Passion
"Gambling is not a vice, it is an expression of our humanness. We gamble. Some do it at the gaming table, some do not. You play, you win, you play, you lose. You play." Jeanette Winterson is one of those authors I am constantly surprised at. "The Passion" is my favourite so far (update: before reading Sexing the Cherry, which is even more fascinating). There is something magical in her way of weaving the stories of her characters, and showing different angles of the central theme: passion. I do

This is a short story, that packs quite a lot in. We have some history of Napoleonic times, alongside romance and adventure. It's sort of War and Peace meets Tipping the Velvet, so if that sounds like your sort of story, give it a try.

2.75/5 StarsI had to read this book for class and in some way I feel like I've been robbed. This is definitely not what I was expecting and even though the prose is rather poetic and lovely, I was left wanting more. I felt like an ulterior depth was missing, I needed answers that were not given to me. The passages about passion, love, admiration and disappointment were beautifully written and they definitely sparked some thoughts. But other than this I truly felt like something was missing,

Beautiful, moving, magical, incredible.

Dans le NoirA blind pedlar never spilt his stew or missed his mouth the way I did. I can see, he said, but I dont use my eyes.I recently ate unknown food, served in total darkness, by blind waiters. It was an intense and disorienting experience. Boundaries break down: you touch the stranger who guides you to your seat, talk to invisible people sitting beside you (how un-English!), cant judge or be judged by looks or clothing, and are tempted to eat with your fingers, despite the cutlery you feel

2 stars for the phantasmagorical imagery and the story. 1 more star for the beautifully done ending and the immensely quotable lines on love and passion the writer seems to have clumsily crammed in to the narrative in the last few pages.

Somewhere between fear and sex passion is. This short novel packs in so much beauty in the intersecting stories of French soldier Henri and daughter of a Venetian boatman, Villanelle. Winterson is a sage, a poet, with each scene, each paragraph containing gorgeous words about love, and the gamble of life and choices made.Set in the times of the Napoleonic wars, Henri was selected by Bonaparte himself to prepare and serve his nightly chicken. He did this with devotion, and saw horrific death,

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.