Identify Books Toward Cheaper by the Dozen (Cheaper by the Dozen #1)
| Original Title: | Cheaper by the Dozen |
| ISBN: | 006008460X (ISBN13: 9780060084608) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Cheaper by the Dozen #1 |
| Setting: | Montclair, New Jersey(United States) |

Frank B. Gilbreth Jr.
Paperback | Pages: 224 pages Rating: 4.02 | 35608 Users | 1872 Reviews
Mention About Books Cheaper by the Dozen (Cheaper by the Dozen #1)
| Title | : | Cheaper by the Dozen (Cheaper by the Dozen #1) |
| Author | : | Frank B. Gilbreth Jr. |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 224 pages |
| Published | : | August 27th 2019 by Harper Perennial Modern Classics (first published 1948) |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Classics. Biography. Humor. Autobiography. Memoir |
Relation Concering Books Cheaper by the Dozen (Cheaper by the Dozen #1)
Adapted into two classic motion pictures, this bestselling memoir is the unforgettable story of two parents, twelve kids, and a world of laughter and love.Translated into more than fifty languages, Cheaper by the Dozen is the unforgettable story of the Gilbreth clan as told by two of its members. In this endearing, amusing memoir, siblings Frank Jr. and Ernestine capture the hilarity and heart of growing up in an oversized family.
Mother and Dad are world-renowned efficiency experts, helping factories fine-tune their assembly lines for maximum output at minimum cost. At home, the Gilbreths themselves have cranked out twelve kids, and Dad is out to prove that efficiency principles can apply to family as well as the workplace.
The heartwarming and comic stories of the jumbo-size Gilbreth clan have delighted generations of readers, and will keep you and yours laughing for years.
Rating About Books Cheaper by the Dozen (Cheaper by the Dozen #1)
Ratings: 4.02 From 35608 Users | 1872 ReviewsCritique About Books Cheaper by the Dozen (Cheaper by the Dozen #1)
This is the perfect book to listen to in the car with your kids on a road trip. I'd been listening to it on my own, and it came on one time in the car. I went to turn it off, but my 13 year old was intrigued and asked me to leave it on. A few minutes later we were both cracking up. As much as I love Steve Martin and Bonnie Hunt, the movie doesn't do the book justice, especially with Frank's (the father's) character. This book was much more than a cute story about a large family. Frank lovedO man, I still think about this just about every time I button a shirt. I believe it influenced my decision to avoid having a large family. Y'know, it's interesting growing up in a town of 1100, with a mother who didn't buy many books because, after all, we did have a free library. Sure, I guess the adult section was well-enough stocked to keep her busy in the time she could spare from the three of us. But there are *so many* children's books I missed out on. And so many I read over and over
HILARIOUS. An AWESOME story. Anyone who has a family, or wants to have a family, will love this book. Especially people with a lot of kids in their family (my mom) or very eccentric dads (me). This is the true story of a family of twelve children, whose father is a motion study expert and believes that what applies to workers in a factory also applies to children at home, and vice versa. Mykle and I are reading this together right now, and we cannot turn a page without him busting up laughing.

Cheaper by the Dozen is filled with loving affection for parents and siblings. It is a memoir that celebrates the best memories of growing up in a family of twelve siblings with a mother and father who worked together. The household is unconventional due to the "motion studies" the parents run as research, Mr. Gilbreth's tremendous love of life and laughter, and the unique educational ideas that Mr. Gilbreth uses to rear his children. Mother is a warm and loving character. Sometimes it is nice
I picked up an ebook copy of this old favorite, which I read so many times when I was a kid. I still have the fragile orange hardback, which I carefully read to my children when they were little. This is the only book which has ever made me want a large family; right now Im feeling a little twinge of regret that I have only two children.Its a collection of anecdotes, really: rides in Foolish Carriage; visiting Mrs. Murphy; Victrolas playing French and German lessons at bath time ("unavoidable
I've been in productions of the play twice now, once as the oldest daughter's boyfriend and now as the father, so I figured it was time to go back to the original book, not just the play or the wonderful Clifton Webb movie. This is interesting as a historical document of life circa 1920, but it also has a timeless quality, particularly in its slice-of-life humor. It's a real ode to families, with all their function and dysfunction. There are a few details that date a bit (corporal punishment in
Read this book to meet the father and the rest of the Gilbreth family. A family with twelve kids! He is an efficiency expert designing machines and organizing tasks so time and in turn money can be saved. The Mom works alongside him as an industrial organizational psychologist. It is watching the family as a whole that is the attraction of the book. I guarantee you will laugh. We are given a real family, albeit exceptional because of its size. They live in Montclair, New Jersey, Providence,


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.