Free Download The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1) Books Online

Share:

Describe Books Conducive To The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1)

Original Title: The Ghost Writer
ISBN: 0099477572 (ISBN13: 9780099477570)
Edition Language: English
Series: Zuckerman Bound #1, Complete Nathan Zuckerman #1
Characters: Nathan Zuckerman, E.I. Lonoff, Hope Lonoff, Amy Bellette, Felix Abravanel
Setting: Massachusetts,1956(United States)
Literary Awards: Pulitzer Prize Nominee for Fiction (1980), National Book Critics Circle Award Nominee for Fiction (1979), National Book Award Finalist for Fiction (Hardcover) (1980)
Free Download The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1) Books Online
The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1) Paperback | Pages: 179 pages
Rating: 3.82 | 9682 Users | 725 Reviews

Mention Of Books The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1)

Title:The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1)
Author:Philip Roth
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 179 pages
Published:2005 by Vintage (first published 1979)
Categories:Fiction. Novels. Literary Fiction. Literature. American

Explanation During Books The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1)

When talented young writer Nathan Zuckerman makes his pilgrimage to sit at the feet of his hero, the reclusive master of American Literature, E. I. Lonoff, he soon finds himself enmeshed in the great Jewish writer's domestic life, with all its complexity, artifice and drive for artistic truth. As Nathan sits in breathlessly awkward conversation with his idol, a glimpse of a dark-haired beauty through a closing doorway leaves him reeling. He soon learns that the entrancing vision is Amy Bellette, but her position in the Lonoff household - student? mistress? - remains tantalisingly unclear. Over a disturbed and confusing dinner, Nathan gleans snippets of Amy's haunting Jewish background, and begins to draw his own fantastical conclusions...

Rating Of Books The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1)
Ratings: 3.82 From 9682 Users | 725 Reviews

Judgment Of Books The Ghost Writer (Zuckerman Bound #1)
The Ghost WriterI had been reading the late Philip Roth's (1933 -- 2018) novels and exhausted those readily available in the local library. I paid an all-too-rare visit to the only walk-in used book store in my neighborhood, now, sadly, also gone. The book store didn't have the Roth novel I hoped to find, but I bought an inexpensive used hardback copy of this book, "The Ghost Writer" (1979) instead. It was a lucky find. I had just read Roth's novel, "Exit Ghost" (2007), written 28 years after

I probably knew too much going into this story, though it's because of what I knew beforehand that I read it in the first place. If you're someone who's interested in the way writers think, you should enjoy it. Example: the narrator's lament about his imagination being lacking, that he could never invent a scene like the one he's just overheard, is both playful and serious.It was also fun to speculate on whom Roth might be basing his fictional 'big' literary figures. The narrator, talking to his

I liked this, but it felt too short to show off Roth's brilliance. My favorites of his are the in-depth character portraits. To think what this supple mind could have done with that familial story! Oy vey.

I've been wanting to read Roth for a while now, after seeing my dad blow through about 14 of them in the past year, but it took me a while to get to one. Then, once I decided to read some Roth, where do you start? Out of 29 books, a Zuckerman book, a Roth book, a Kepesh book, or just one of his goodies that can stand alone? So I went with the first Zuckerman of the series of 7. ...And now that I'm done with it I really don't know what to say about it... His style kind of reminds me of Salinger:

I forgot how thrilling Roth can be. His books contain such a subtle, building power that hits about two-thirds the way through. (In particular I remember the eureka! moment with The Human Stain when its ideological weight revealed itself.)I don't want to get too much into the story, as the less a reader knows going in the better. Let's just say it's about young Nathan Zuckerman making a pilgrimage to the farmhouse of his idol, a man names Lonoff. The novel is really about what must be

The centerpiece of this novel is young writer Nathan Zuckerman crushing on Anne Frank, re-imagining her as a Holocaust survivor in the person of a young woman he has just met and has the hots for. It's a tour de force of writing and imagination, of which Philip Roth is certainly aware. It's also a funny and creepy idea, of which he must also be aware, but hey, the "girl" (and I use that word advisedly) is just so dang hot, he doesn't have time for all that. This is a readable and erudite book

Nathan Zuckerman reminded me of Herzog a bit. This first book of the Zuckerman Bound series was funny and witty and quite ingenious with the first person narrative and the frequent flights of narrative fantasy. I fear that delving too much into the other characters would spoil the pleasure for a potential reader so let me just say that Roth here turns simple overnight story with four characters into a Calvino-esque reflection on the distance between the writer and his written subject. A quick

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.