Christy 
But as Christy struggles to find acceptance in her new home, some see her — and her one-room school — as a threat to their way of life. Her faith is challenged and her heart is torn between two strong men with conflicting views about how to care for the families of the Cove.
Yearning to make a difference, will Christy’s determination and devotion be enough?
Beautiful, beautiful! I am so glad I read it, and I heartily recommend it to anyone and everyone who wants a deep and wondrous read. Featuring a man calling his wife and son "twitter-witted"....Thanks for reading!
Beautiful, beautiful! I am so glad I read it, and I heartily recommend it to anyone and everyone who wants a deep and wondrous read. Featuring a man calling his wife and son "twitter-witted"....Thanks for reading!

Some books grab you by the heart and never let you go. For me, there are three: "Gone With the Wind," "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe," and then "Christy." I try to annually read each, although in recent years (with a new marriage, new college focus, and cross-country move), I have failed in that effort.This year, I decided to rectify that situation, and I am ever so glad that I did, especially with this particular novel.I first read it as a teenager, and it captured my soul then. I loved
I am not normally a fan of evangelical novels, but "Christy" is an exception. The titular heroine is an idealistic young girl in the 19th century who finds herself moved to volunteer as a teacher in an impoverished Appalachian town. Christy struggles to understand her pupils, their insular mountain culture, and ultimately her own faith and what it means to her. Unlike many evangelical novels, faith is not the character's sole concern: Christy spends plenty of time worrying about how to get new
I read Christy in two days. Not only was it a beautifully written and timeless narrative of Appalachian culture, it was also a most refreshing romance. There are two main men in this book, the young Pastor, David and Dr. Neil MacNeil a self-proclaimed atheist. What strikes me so throughly is the fact that both men are a perfect foil for one another. In a sense, I feel that the Rev. David is unknowingly an atheist and similarly Dr. MacNeil a devout Christian by the books end. This is the power of
For anyone who says that reading fiction is not as edifying and worthwhile as reading a non-fiction book, I say, "Have you read Christy?"I mourn that Catherine Marshall wasn't around in my lifetime, but I feel so utterly blessed that she poured her heart and soul and love into this eternal story! There are more moments of true wisdom tucked away in this biographical novel than in any other book I've read outside of The Book... and it's all nestled effortlessly in a touching, gripping,
Catherine Marshall
Kindle Edition | Pages: 512 pages Rating: 4.23 | 48372 Users | 1710 Reviews

Present Books Concering Christy
| Original Title: | Christy ASIN B0745KTJSY |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Characters: | Christy Rudd Huddleston, Alice Henderson, David Grantland, Ida Grantland, Dr. Neil Macneill, Fairlight Spencer, Bird's Eye Taylor, Lundy Tylor |
| Setting: | North Carolina(United States) Tennessee(United States) |
Chronicle In Favor Of Books Christy
The train taking nineteen-year-old teacher Christy Huddleston from her home in Asheville, North Carolina, might as well be transporting her to another world. The Smoky Mountain community of Cutter Gap feels suspended in time, trapped by poverty, superstitions, and century-old traditions.But as Christy struggles to find acceptance in her new home, some see her — and her one-room school — as a threat to their way of life. Her faith is challenged and her heart is torn between two strong men with conflicting views about how to care for the families of the Cove.
Yearning to make a difference, will Christy’s determination and devotion be enough?
Define About Books Christy
| Title | : | Christy |
| Author | : | Catherine Marshall |
| Book Format | : | Kindle Edition |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 512 pages |
| Published | : | October 3rd 2017 by Evergreen Farm (first published June 1st 1967) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Christian Fiction. Classics. Christian. Romance |
Rating About Books Christy
Ratings: 4.23 From 48372 Users | 1710 ReviewsJudge About Books Christy
This was the book that spawned adult reading for me. My mom read it aloud on a car trip to the Smokey Mountains. The characters are engaging and could walk off the page. Truly the first experience I had with characters that i would recognize if they walked into the room.Fifteen years later, this book remains the only book I've ever read that still holds all it's charm and wonder with each reread. I make a piont to reread it at least every two years. Cutter Gap and it's people are very much aliveBeautiful, beautiful! I am so glad I read it, and I heartily recommend it to anyone and everyone who wants a deep and wondrous read. Featuring a man calling his wife and son "twitter-witted"....Thanks for reading!
Beautiful, beautiful! I am so glad I read it, and I heartily recommend it to anyone and everyone who wants a deep and wondrous read. Featuring a man calling his wife and son "twitter-witted"....Thanks for reading!

Some books grab you by the heart and never let you go. For me, there are three: "Gone With the Wind," "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe," and then "Christy." I try to annually read each, although in recent years (with a new marriage, new college focus, and cross-country move), I have failed in that effort.This year, I decided to rectify that situation, and I am ever so glad that I did, especially with this particular novel.I first read it as a teenager, and it captured my soul then. I loved
I am not normally a fan of evangelical novels, but "Christy" is an exception. The titular heroine is an idealistic young girl in the 19th century who finds herself moved to volunteer as a teacher in an impoverished Appalachian town. Christy struggles to understand her pupils, their insular mountain culture, and ultimately her own faith and what it means to her. Unlike many evangelical novels, faith is not the character's sole concern: Christy spends plenty of time worrying about how to get new
I read Christy in two days. Not only was it a beautifully written and timeless narrative of Appalachian culture, it was also a most refreshing romance. There are two main men in this book, the young Pastor, David and Dr. Neil MacNeil a self-proclaimed atheist. What strikes me so throughly is the fact that both men are a perfect foil for one another. In a sense, I feel that the Rev. David is unknowingly an atheist and similarly Dr. MacNeil a devout Christian by the books end. This is the power of
For anyone who says that reading fiction is not as edifying and worthwhile as reading a non-fiction book, I say, "Have you read Christy?"I mourn that Catherine Marshall wasn't around in my lifetime, but I feel so utterly blessed that she poured her heart and soul and love into this eternal story! There are more moments of true wisdom tucked away in this biographical novel than in any other book I've read outside of The Book... and it's all nestled effortlessly in a touching, gripping,


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.