Itemize Out Of Books A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1)
| Title | : | A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1) |
| Author | : | Madeleine L'Engle |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Movie Tie-In |
| Pages | : | Pages: 218 pages |
| Published | : | November 7th 2017 by Square Fish (first published 1962) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Classics. Literature. Novels. American. Southern |

Madeleine L'Engle
Paperback | Pages: 218 pages Rating: 4 | 1011344 Users | 32891 Reviews
Description Toward Books A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1)
It was a dark and stormy night.Out of this wild night, a strange visitor comes to the Murry house and beckons Meg, her brother Charles Wallace, and their friend Calvin O'Keefe on a most dangerous and extraordinary adventure - one that will threaten their lives and our universe.
Winner of the 1963 Newbery Medal, A Wrinkle in Time is the first book in Madeleine L'Engle's classic Time Quintet.
Mention Books In Pursuance Of A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1)
| Original Title: | A Wrinkle in Time |
| ISBN: | 1250153271 (ISBN13: 9781250153272) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Time Quintet #1, Kairos #1 |
| Characters: | Meg Murry, Charles Wallace Murry, Calvin O'Keefe, Dr. Kate Murry, Sandy Murry, Dennys Murry, Mrs. Whatsit, Mrs. Who, Mrs. Which |
| Literary Awards: | Newbery Medal (1963), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1964), Oklahoma Sequoyah Award (1965) |
Rating Out Of Books A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1)
Ratings: 4 From 1011344 Users | 32891 ReviewsNotice Out Of Books A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet #1)
"Sweet dreams are made of thisWho am I to disagree?I travel the worldAnd the seven seas,Everybody's looking for something."Eurythmics You have plenty of time to put this book in your reading queue before the movie release in March of 2018 starring Chris Pine and Reese Witherspoon. Create some synergy by reading the book and then watching the movie. Check out the trailer. A Wrinkle in Time 2018 Movie TrailerIf you wish to see more of my most recent book and movie reviews, visitIt was a dark and stormy night... Okay, I havent read A Wrinkle in Time since fifth grade, so I was kind of nervous going into this. Yet, I was very pleasantly surprised, and Im even more excited to see the new movie adaptation in March! I mean, this reads a little old and simple but it was still such a delight to read. I will say that I didnt remember any of the religious/spiritual aspects that were woven in, so apparently fifth grade Melanie, who went to a Catholic school and everything,
The story takes about 100 pages of tedious, banal dialogue, to get to the point where you are told that this is a battle against Evil, and all you need is love. But everything is so oversimplified, so sketchy--everything is reduced to big words, like IT, and evil. This IT, also called the Dark Thing, is striving to create a communist-type society where everyone conforms, down to the little children who bounce their balls in uniform rhythms and who live in cutter-box houses. I liked Meg in the

I sort of agree with you but I have to say that the movie is much better
Anybody else read it with this cover?I did. 1986, I was in 6th grade, and it was assigned to us by our teacher. This book changed my world. Or at least, my reading world. Welcome to sci-fi, kid!I have no idea how many times I've read this story, but as a child, I read it so much that this awesome cover eventually fell off. So many great memories of these characters, and easily my favorite childhood novel.After doing a re-read of it this year, I have to say it holds up pretty well for a book that
That's what I felt I was seeing as I read this, a blank slate, a void, an empty room. A Wrinkle in Time is a very nice tale, but I just wish L'Engle spent more time developing the settings. The decently rounded characters seemed to be floating in spartan landscapes like portraits hung in limbo. Lackluster description is one thing, but perhaps more than anything, I think my tepid-3 star, ho-hum reaction to A Wrinkle in Time is due to my reading it as a middle-aged curmudgeon. It's made for kids
3.5*What a fun weird little story!


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.