Describe Books Supposing The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life #1)
| Original Title: | The War that Saved My Life |
| ISBN: | 0803740816 (ISBN13: 9780803740815) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The War That Saved My Life #1 |
| Setting: | England |
| Literary Awards: | Newbery Medal Nominee (2016), Schneider Family Book Award for Middle School (2016), Odyssey Award (2016), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (2017), Judy Lopez Memorial Award for Children's Literature (2016) Bluestem Book Award Nominee (2017), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Middle Grade & Children's (2015), Rebecca Caudill Young Readers' Book Award Nominee (2017) |

Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
Hardcover | Pages: 316 pages Rating: 4.51 | 53570 Users | 8189 Reviews
Particularize Containing Books The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life #1)
| Title | : | The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life #1) |
| Author | : | Kimberly Brubaker Bradley |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 316 pages |
| Published | : | January 8th 2015 by Dial Books |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Childrens. Middle Grade |
Chronicle During Books The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life #1)
An exceptionally moving story of triumph against all odds set during World War 2, from the acclaimed author of Jefferson’s Sons and for fans of Number the Stars.Ten-year-old Ada has never left her one-room apartment. Her mother is too humiliated by Ada’s twisted foot to let her outside. So when her little brother Jamie is shipped out of London to escape the war, Ada doesn’t waste a minute—she sneaks out to join him.
So begins a new adventure of Ada, and for Susan Smith, the woman who is forced to take the two kids in. As Ada teaches herself to ride a pony, learns to read, and watches for German spies, she begins to trust Susan—and Susan begins to love Ada and Jamie. But in the end, will their bond be enough to hold them together through wartime? Or will Ada and her brother fall back into the cruel hands of their mother?
This masterful work of historical fiction is equal parts adventure and a moving tale of family and identity—a classic in the making.
Rating Containing Books The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life #1)
Ratings: 4.51 From 53570 Users | 8189 ReviewsNotice Containing Books The War That Saved My Life (The War That Saved My Life #1)
'You did a good job taking care of Jamie,' Susan said. 'But it was a big job, and you shouldnt have had to do it. So now you can relax. I can take care of you. You dont have to fight so hard.'Argh! I think I'm crying. Yup. What a wonderful, emotional, thought-provoking book, and written for middle schoolers! Lately I've realized that what I appreciate most in a book is when the author gives the reader some credit, and doesn't dump emotions all over the page or over explain writing techniques.Okay, this has been done before and has lots of stock characters--the disabled/abused child who gets away from a bad situation and blossoms, the adorable younger sibling who needs to be protected, the unlikely guardian who doesn't want them, but learns to love them.Yet it's fresh and new and I stayed up till well past my bedtime reading it, and I DIDN'T WANT IT TO BE OVER. In other words, it's really, really good and I thank Edelweiss for my digital ARC.
It was my first read of Kimberly Brubaker Bradley and she won my heart! The War that saved my life was absolutely breathtaking and one of the best books I've ever read!While reading this book, I felt so submerged into all characters that it was hard to remember I was not Ada or Susan. Sometimes I was Susan, who was a melancholic soul and didn't want anyone in her life, for she was completely absorbed by sorrow of her loss and sometimes I was Ada, a ten years old little girl, who was fighting

4.5 stars! I don't know what to say," she said, after a pause. "I don't want to tell you a lie, and I don't know the truth."It was maybe the most honest thing anyone had ever said to me. Man this book really packed in the feels! There were moments where I felt like I had been punched with emotion!The War That Saved My Life is about Ada, a young girl with a deformed foot whose mother kept her inside all her life. When London fears Hitler will start bombing it, all the children are sent to
I am also 10 and this book is more then Great I recommend this book for sure!
As a child I was what one might call a selective reader. Selective in that I studiously avoided any and all works of fiction that might conceivably be considered depressing. Bridge to Terabithia? Ill have none please. Island of the Blue Dolphins? Pass. Jacob Have I Loved? Not in this lifetime. Lord only knows what caused a book to be labeled depressing in my eyes before Id even read it. I think I went by covers alone. Books picturing kids staring out into the vast nothingness of the universe
Call me dumpling, if this isn't a Newbery contender for 2016. The historical details, character development, tight plot, and rich layered themes make this firecracker sizzle. Ten-year-old Ada has a clubfoot and is kept locked in her family's one bedroom apartment while her six-year-old brother, Jaimie, roams free in London, England. Mam hits her two children and punishes Ada by locking her in the cabinet under the sink. World War II is about to happen, and parents are sending children to the


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.