Mention Books During Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1)
| Original Title: | Vienna Prelude |
| ISBN: | 1414301073 (ISBN13: 9781414301075) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Zion Covenant #1 |
| Characters: | John Murphy, Lisa Lindheim, Leah and Shimon |
| Setting: | Austria,1936 Germany,1936 Berlin,1936(Germany) …more Prague (Praha),1936(Czech Republic) Vienna,1936(Austria) Paris,1937(France) Kitzbühel(Austria) Dachau,1937(Germany) …less |
Bodie Thoene
Paperback | Pages: 461 pages Rating: 4.31 | 8496 Users | 572 Reviews

Particularize Out Of Books Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1)
| Title | : | Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1) |
| Author | : | Bodie Thoene |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 461 pages |
| Published | : | April 1st 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published May 1st 1989) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Fiction. Christian. War. World War II |
Narrative Concering Books Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1)
No one is safe...In 1936 Nazi darkness descends upon Europe. Every person is only one step away from being swept into the nightmarish tide of evil. Blond Elisa Lindheim, a violinist with the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, adopts an Aryan stage name for protection. But her closest friend, Leah, a talented Jewish cellist, is in perilous position.
There are those who choose to fight Hitler's madness. Elisa's father Theo. A courageous American reporter, John Murphy. Winston Churchill, the British statesman. A farm family in the Tyrolean Alps. The Jewish Underground. But will all their efforts be enough to stop the coming Holocaust?
And now Elisa must decide. If she becomes part of the Underground, she will risk everything... and puts everyone she loves in danger.
Rating Out Of Books Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1)
Ratings: 4.31 From 8496 Users | 572 ReviewsAssess Out Of Books Vienna Prelude (Zion Covenant #1)
Methodical, dry writing style; a stilted third-person narrativeHad to force my way through this book. I usually enjoy historical novels, but not this one. When, oh when, will I ever run across a "Christian" novel worth reading? Oops! Nevermind! Please don't start recommending any to me! I'm going to give Gilbert Morris a try, but otherwise I'm giving up on the genre!I'm tempted to say the author should have stuck to newspaper or periodical reporting, or perhaps non-fiction books. But honestly,
Actual rating more like a 3.5. Surprisingly good for a Christian romance novel. The historical aspects were well-researched and well-presented through the viewpoints of various characters. The writing is engaging in the sense that I always wanted to turn the page and the book is quite suspenseful at times. It had me on the edge of my seat towards the end. The writing is NOT engaging in the character department. I couldn't sympathize or connect with any of them, which I blame on the author's

I stepped out of our car at the rest stop on the long drive from Sacramento to LA. The music playing in front of the MacDonalds was so light, so happy, focused on love and feelings. But suddenly it all seemed so frivolous. People milled in and out of the glass doors, wandered to and from their hot, sticky vehicles. They all seemed to blissfully unaware. Didnt they understand the deeper things in life? Was it just all about themselves?You see, Id just read a stirring chapter in Vienna Prelude.
I hesitate to write reviews of books I have not finished, because you never know if the book really does turn out to be amazing without finishing it. So please be sure to read some positive reviews as well! This is just my personal opinion of the book. (view spoiler)[I was uncomfortable with the romantic content especially all the objectifying of women even if that was a part of the time period and culture. (hide spoiler)]
I appreciated the historical research and backdrop presented in this story and how it occasionally left the main characters to show a key scene in history with Churchill, Hitler and/or Franklin. Kudos for how well this was laid out.The story itself was pretty good too, with a lot of plot and/or action happening. More of a "Hallmark Movie" feel to it, so possessing a somewhat predictable story-line with a leading female who's obviously gorgeous and a few love quadrangles thrown in, of course.
An excellent piece of historical fiction. I absolutely loved it! I heard of this book on a blog, and the blogger talked about it so much that I had to read it. I actually loved it more after reading it, which doesn't happen to anyone. I was spellbound by the web the plot created. Beware of spoilers beyond this point.I loved how I got to see the story from different character's view points. That definitely changed the story because you understood each of the character's view points yet you still


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.