Books Online Download Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1) Free

Share:

Point Books In Favor Of Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1)

Original Title: Jackaroo
ISBN: 0689864353 (ISBN13: 9780689864353)
Edition Language: English
Series: Tales of the Kingdom #1
Literary Awards: Mythopoeic Fantasy Award Nominee for Children's Literature (2000), Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award Nominee (1987)
Books Online Download Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1) Free
Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1) Paperback | Pages: 368 pages
Rating: 3.91 | 4584 Users | 291 Reviews

Declare Out Of Books Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1)

Title:Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1)
Author:Cynthia Voigt
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 368 pages
Published:July 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 1985)
Categories:Fantasy. Young Adult. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Adventure

Explanation Supposing Books Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1)

There is much want in the kingdom and the tales of Jackaroo, the masked outlaw who helps the poor in times of trouble, are on everyone's lips. Gwyn, the innkeeper's lively daughter, pays little attention to the tales. But when she is stranded during a snowstorm in a cabin with the lordling Gaderian, and finds a strange garment that resembles the costume Jackaroo is said to wear, she begins to wonder....

Rating Out Of Books Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1)
Ratings: 3.91 From 4584 Users | 291 Reviews

Notice Out Of Books Jackaroo (Tales of the Kingdom #1)
I guess so many people have this shelved as a fantasy because of the "alternate history" aspect to the story. We never really know it takes place in OUR past and no real-world names that I know of are given for places. But there isn't any magic or sorcery. The School Library Journal calls this "an intense and elegantly written historical adventure-romance ." There really isn't even much of a romantic aspect to the story unless you count the romantic, swashbuckling legend of the Jackaroo, who is

Yup. Right in the nostalgia.

A fascinating idea for a fairy tale with a disappointingly Tolkien-esque ending.Gwyn is the spirited daughter of the village innkeeper who dreams of something outside the mold. Her family doesn't understand her because she doesn't want to marry but instead wants to run her father's inn, which will legally go to her useless little brother instead. While traversing the mountains with the Lord and his son and the enigmatic stablehand Burl, she is separated from the party and winds up having to

Nice story, I liked the authenticity of this medieval setting. I must admit that it was a bit slow going and the characters don't know how to carry on a conversation, especially Burl. (view spoiler)[It was a little hard to really want Gwyn and Burl to be together because there was so little to go off of. First they say he's in love with her sister but then her sister gets married and Burl seems sad. And Gwyn doesn't even consider marrying Burl until the very end when he declares his love, if you

Imagine Robin Hood revisited with a twist. Throw in a soul-searching main character, a butterfly flapping its wings sort of turn of events, and watch what you think is going to be a slow book turn into one of your favorites. At least this is what happened to me

I used to love this book as a middle-schooler, when I first found it. It was like Robin Hood meets all the wuxia stories I heard about as I grew up, where girls disguised themselves as guys and explored, and made differences in the world where they could. It was refreshing to read a story like this, in English. ^_^ But then I read the other Kingdom novels. And eventually, a few months ago, I reread Jackaroo. And all of a sudden, though it was still a refreshing scenario, the story, the writing,

This book started out a little slow, but halfway through things started to get interesting, and by the end I discovered that I had absolutely fallen in love with the book! It was thoughtful, vivid, full of unique and interesting characters, realistic and yet hopeful, portraying the hardships of life without at all diminishing the fantastic moments of adventure. And the ending! It was a legitimate, beautiful happy ending, one that leaves you grinning from ear to ear at the end. I highly recommend

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.