Describe Books Toward The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch
| Original Title: | The Comical Tragedy or Tragical Comedy of Mr. Punch |
| ISBN: | 1563892464 (ISBN13: 9781563892462) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.dccomics.com/vertigo/graphic_novels/?gn=1641 |
Neil Gaiman
Paperback | Pages: 96 pages Rating: 3.77 | 7006 Users | 379 Reviews

Be Specific About Out Of Books The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch
| Title | : | The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch |
| Author | : | Neil Gaiman |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 96 pages |
| Published | : | September 1st 1995 by Vertigo / DC Comics (first published 1994) |
| Categories | : | Sequential Art. Graphic Novels. Comics. Fantasy. Fiction. Graphic Novels Comics. Horror. Comic Book |
Narration In Pursuance Of Books The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch
A dark and frightening fully painted novella, MR. PUNCH tells the tale of a young boy's loss of innocence results from a horrific confrontation with his past. Spending a summer at his grandfather's seaside arcade, a troubled adolescent harmlessly becomes involved with a mysterious Punch and Judy Man and a mermaid-portraying woman. But when the violent puppet show triggers buried memories of the boy's family, the lives of all become feverishly intertwined. With disturbing mysteries and half-truths uncontrollably unraveling, the young boy is forced to deal with his family's dark secrets of violence, betrayal, and guilt.Rating Out Of Books The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch
Ratings: 3.77 From 7006 Users | 379 ReviewsAssess Out Of Books The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch
I just dont get it. This was boring and dull. The art work couldnt save it because it's lazy. I'm a realist I wanted the story of the British phenomenon known as Punch and Judy. I was really looking forward to something I've heard mentioned by my Brit pals for years. What I got was almost a 100 pages of sad. Boo hoo this little kid had to visit his grandparents while his mom was having a baby and got to see professors do the Punch and Judy show. While visiting his grandparents, he learns aboutMaybe it was too complex for me to get it entirely, but I finished this graphic novel with a "what the f* I just read" taste in my mouth. I like a tiny bit of it, though. It's really morbid and weid, and I like this part of the GN, but the story didn't really get to me. I haven't read too many graphic novels, so I can't say for sure, but one of my thoughts after finishing this is that this is definitely unique as it comes to the art style. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I'll keep
Disturbing. Memory is both the most painful thing and the saddest. Gaiman's words and McKean's images are perfection.

An adult nostalgically recollects childhood events that seem mysterious...could be The Ocean at the End of the Lane, right? Well, no, because this story is not fantastical and is very short, not to mention being in the form of a comic book.For me, the atmospheric, almost disturbing illustrations by McKean were the best aspect of the book. The story itself I found uninspired and just as with The Ocean at the End of the Lane the childhood nostalgia aspect was detrimental. I'm not quite clear why
as a whole, this felt like true work of art, not weirdly imbalanced between art and writing like some other graphic novels/comics ive read...properly creepy, too, and hazy with that film through which we see things as a child, where we understand things we cannot hope to comprehend...
The book was lent to me by a friend and also if I didn't know the title, it was enough a look to the author to understand that I was holding another unforgettable story. Neil Gaiman is now a certainty and once again i'm not disappointed.The atmosphere is one of the darkest that I've ever encountered in his work and the author draws us, through the memories of a man, in the darkest depths of his family. His memories are reported through the eyes of himself as a child and scrutinized by himself as
Not sure what to think of this. Disturbing for sure. Loved the contrasting artwork though. Time to go rewatch DOLLS. And I may reread this eventually.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.