Warrior (Doppelganger #1) 
Mirage, a bounty hunter, lives by her wits and lethal fighting skills. She always gets her mark. But her new mission will take her into the shadowy world of witches, where her strength may not be a match against powerful magic.
Miryo is a witch who has just failed her initiation test. She now knows that there is someone in the world who looks like her, who is her: Mirage. To control her powers and become a full witch, Miryo has only one choice: to hunt the hunter and destroy her.
I have had this book on inter library loan for 2 months. Today, I bit the bullet and skimmed the whole thing. I liked it. The writing style is easily accessible. The pace is good. Characters likable. World building is sufficient. Ending is predictable, but sometimes that is comforting. All in all, worth reading the second book.
This is my first time reading a book by Marie Brennan, and she has me wanting more. I was intrigued by the description on the back of the book. I'm so glad I gave this one a try.It opens with the reader meeting Mirage and her life as a Hunter. Her class mate brings her a commission from a witch. Then they meet Miryo, a student who wants more than anything to become a full fledged witch. Only when she goes for the final testing, something goes wrong. As their lives become intertwined, the reader

There's a very slight Japanese touch to the book with the names which I really liked, but sadly that's as far as the touch went. Slow paced The world building was decent, I do think there could have been more though.Most of the book's focus was on the plot which took away from the characters and left them feeling underdeveloped.Miryo didn't read as 25 years old but more of a teenager, she frequently acted and thought like one. There's no romance in the book however, which is always a plus for
Pros: This novel has a really interesting take on magic: by song and dance, a witch can communicate with the five pentacles and "The Void", summoning The Goddess. On an unnamed continent unless I'm mistaken, witches and warriors with no magic live among each other. A witch named Miryo fails her magic final exam, and discovers that she has a doppleganger - a warrior with no magic that is her perfect twin. In order to rescue her powers and herself from certain destruction, she has been given one
Uh wow selfish much let's hope this doppelgänger kicks her ass I've always wanted a twin er doppelganger that would be so f'in cool !
Marie Brennan
Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 395 pages Rating: 3.87 | 3021 Users | 230 Reviews

Specify Out Of Books Warrior (Doppelganger #1)
| Title | : | Warrior (Doppelganger #1) |
| Author | : | Marie Brennan |
| Book Format | : | Mass Market Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 395 pages |
| Published | : | August 1st 2008 by Orbit (first published April 1st 2006) |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Paranormal. Fiction. Witches. Magic |
Ilustration To Books Warrior (Doppelganger #1)
When a witch is born, a doppelganger is created. For the witch to master her powers, the twin must be killed. But what happens when the doppelganger survives?Mirage, a bounty hunter, lives by her wits and lethal fighting skills. She always gets her mark. But her new mission will take her into the shadowy world of witches, where her strength may not be a match against powerful magic.
Miryo is a witch who has just failed her initiation test. She now knows that there is someone in the world who looks like her, who is her: Mirage. To control her powers and become a full witch, Miryo has only one choice: to hunt the hunter and destroy her.
Present Books During Warrior (Doppelganger #1)
| Original Title: | Doppelganger |
| ISBN: | 0316027057 (ISBN13: 9780316027052) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Doppelganger #1 |
Rating Out Of Books Warrior (Doppelganger #1)
Ratings: 3.87 From 3021 Users | 230 ReviewsRate Out Of Books Warrior (Doppelganger #1)
True Rating: 2.5 StarsThis book is very slow paced, which makes it easy to put down and difficult to immerse yourself in Brennan's world. The premise is a good one, and the plot is solid. I was not at all surprised with how the stories connected in the end, in fact, it was what I had been suspecting would happen. I was satisfied with the ending. It was a shock to me that Miryo was 25. She had the mind of a teenager and continually thought and acted like one.There was no romance in this book,I have had this book on inter library loan for 2 months. Today, I bit the bullet and skimmed the whole thing. I liked it. The writing style is easily accessible. The pace is good. Characters likable. World building is sufficient. Ending is predictable, but sometimes that is comforting. All in all, worth reading the second book.
This is my first time reading a book by Marie Brennan, and she has me wanting more. I was intrigued by the description on the back of the book. I'm so glad I gave this one a try.It opens with the reader meeting Mirage and her life as a Hunter. Her class mate brings her a commission from a witch. Then they meet Miryo, a student who wants more than anything to become a full fledged witch. Only when she goes for the final testing, something goes wrong. As their lives become intertwined, the reader

There's a very slight Japanese touch to the book with the names which I really liked, but sadly that's as far as the touch went. Slow paced The world building was decent, I do think there could have been more though.Most of the book's focus was on the plot which took away from the characters and left them feeling underdeveloped.Miryo didn't read as 25 years old but more of a teenager, she frequently acted and thought like one. There's no romance in the book however, which is always a plus for
Pros: This novel has a really interesting take on magic: by song and dance, a witch can communicate with the five pentacles and "The Void", summoning The Goddess. On an unnamed continent unless I'm mistaken, witches and warriors with no magic live among each other. A witch named Miryo fails her magic final exam, and discovers that she has a doppleganger - a warrior with no magic that is her perfect twin. In order to rescue her powers and herself from certain destruction, she has been given one
Uh wow selfish much let's hope this doppelgänger kicks her ass I've always wanted a twin er doppelganger that would be so f'in cool !


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.