Download Books For The Sense of an Ending Free Online

Share:

Point Out Of Books The Sense of an Ending

Title:The Sense of an Ending
Author:Julian Barnes
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 150 pages
Published:2011 by Jonathan Cape
Categories:Fiction. Contemporary. Literary Fiction
Download Books For The Sense of an Ending  Free Online
The Sense of an Ending Hardcover | Pages: 150 pages
Rating: 3.72 | 141290 Users | 15485 Reviews

Explanation In Favor Of Books The Sense of an Ending

By an acclaimed writer at the height of his powers, The Sense of an Ending extends a streak of extraordinary books that began with the best-selling Arthur & George and continued with Nothing to Be Frightened Of and, most recently, Pulse.

This intense novel follows a middle-aged man as he contends with a past he has never much thought about - until his closest childhood friends return with a vengeance, one of them from the grave, another maddeningly present. Tony Webster thought he'd left all this behind as he built a life for himself, and by now his marriage and family and career have fallen into an amicable divorce and retirement. But he is then presented with a mysterious legacy that obliges him to reconsider a variety of things he thought he'd understood all along, and to revise his estimation of his own nature and place in the world.

A novel so compelling that it begs to be read in a single sitting, with stunning psychological and emotional depth and sophistication, The Sense of an Ending is a brilliant new chapter in Julian Barnes's oeuvre.

Declare Books In Pursuance Of The Sense of an Ending

Original Title: The Sense of an Ending
ISBN: 0224094157 (ISBN13: 9780224094153)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Anthony "Tony" Webster, Veronica Mary Ford, Adrian Finn, Colin Simpson, Joe Hunt, Phil Dixon, Sarah Ford
Setting: Bristol, England Chislehurst, England(United Kingdom) London, England
Literary Awards: Booker Prize (2011), Warwick Prize for Writing Nominee for Longlist (2013), Costa Book Award Nominee for Novel (2011), Andrew Carnegie Medal Nominee for Fiction (2012), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Fiction (2011) Europese Literatuurprijs (2012), International Dublin Literary Award Nominee (2013)


Rating Out Of Books The Sense of an Ending
Ratings: 3.72 From 141290 Users | 15485 Reviews

Criticize Out Of Books The Sense of an Ending
Umm. I mean this book was written ok and I get it, the whole unreliable narrator thing, but the protagonist is like a psychopath or what? I mean how could he have forgotten? And if what I think happened happened, WTF would Veronique still be talking to him? Why would the mom send him 500 pounds? WTF was that mathematical formula about? Maybe I a just too dense for English post-modernism and I gotta still to American post-modernist,. Hmpf. Disappointed :(

This enigmatic literary fiction novel does a great job of playing with perceptions. I pulled out this short Booker Prize novel one night, thinking I'd just read a bit to get a feel for it, to know what to tell my book club about it, since I needed to suggest a choice of 4 or 5 books to my book club the next day for their vote. A few hours later I finished the book, moved but a little bewildered. In the first fifty pages the narrator, Tony, tells of some events in his high school and college

4.5* Update: There is going to be a movie after the book and it is coming out this month! if interested you can see the trailer here: https://www.facebook.com/vintagebooks...A story about the unreliability of memory and how we can chose to forget or to reinvent the past in order not to remember disturbing truths. I discovered this book by Julian Barnes when reading comments about Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan which is a book I also enjoyed. The tone of the story is quite similar in some ways.

I find it appropriate that my last review of 2017 is titled The Sense of an Ending. Recently I read In the Noise of Time by Julian Barnes. Upon returning it to the library, two of my branch librarians asked me if I had ever read any of Barnes other works, and I answered, unfortunately, no. While reading about Shostakovich, I immediately fell in love with Barnes' flawless prose. My librarians know their patrons and reserved me The Sense of an Ending. A Man Booker winner, Barnes has wowed his

Just brilliant. The book at first appears, right to the end, to be a rather mundane story of the life of an ordinary man who is neither perceptive about the people around him nor does he see himself in a clear light. Only at the end is it apparent that there were two different stories being written at the same time and you can perceive all the clues to the second story only in hindsight although they were so clear, you wonder how you could have missed them. You wonder how the protagonist could

This is by Julian Barnes so we know it will focus on memory and its tricks. Some examples: but what you end up remembering isnt always the same as what you witnessed. And I need to return briefly to a few incidents that have grown into anecdotes, to some approximate memories which time has deformed into certainty. And again, I must stress that this is my reading now of what happened then. Or rather, my memory now of my reading then of what was happening at the time. The book is a Booker Prize

Definitely has a plot, but a pathetic one. Thin characters, cliched ideas. I feel annoyed by having read this book. OK, there was one good quote: Sometimes I think the purpose of life is to reconcile us to its eventual loss by wearing us down, by proving, however long it takes, that life isn't all it's cracked up to be. But ultimately, the plot is a gimmick! I don't understand how this won the Booker Prize. What the heck did Tony ever do to anyone except send a crappy letter to an ex-girlfriend

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.