List Books Conducive To Monkey taming
| ISBN: | 0099488450 (ISBN13: 9780099488453) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Judith Fathallah
Paperback | Pages: 304 pages Rating: 3.78 | 542 Users | 41 Reviews
Define Of Books Monkey taming
| Title | : | Monkey taming |
| Author | : | Judith Fathallah |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 304 pages |
| Published | : | July 6th 2006 by Definitions (Young Adult) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Health. Mental Health. Mental Illness. Fiction |
Explanation In Pursuance Of Books Monkey taming
"You've eaten too much, you fat pig."When Jessica was thirteen years old, she met the Monkey.
The Monkey lived inside her: a driving, fiery voice telling her that thinness was the only way. The only way to be safe, to be good, to be acceptable and above all, to escape from the cold, looming threat of approaching adulthood. Jessica listened to the Monkey, and it consumed her.
This is the illuminating story of a teenage girl's wanderings in darkness: the spiral down into madness, the terrible realities of an adolescent psychiatric unit, and the stark choice that she must either tame her monster - or die.
Through memory, reflection, and enduring black humour, Jessica makes a tenuous peace with the world and with her emerging adult self.
Rating Of Books Monkey taming
Ratings: 3.78 From 542 Users | 41 ReviewsJudgment Of Books Monkey taming
Libro angosciante e tristissimo. Forse va bene per chi ha questo problema e vuole capire o sentirsi capita. Per me, alla mia età e in questo momento, no.I first heard of Monkey Taming through a recommendation from my friend, and from the moment I started reading, I was automatically hooked. This book is mildly graphic (nothing major or traumatizing) since the author is referring to anorexia, so it's more appropriate for teenagers. I enjoyed this book a lot! It was very moving; at some points I felt as though I was about to cry. However, that didn't stop my from reading the book in a day. It really is remarkable how the author managed to fully
I have read this book over and over since I bought it in 2007. I would say I have given it a read at least once a year since then - so about 8 or 9 times. Every time I read it, I am reminded of what a crazy world we live in, and how even though people try to portray that they are perfect, they are still only human, with hopes and dreams, fears and insecurities. Judith Fathallah has the most tender way of writing about something so ugly - her innocence has been taken, but who she is still exists

the depressing reality of anorexia nervosa. I liked how it wasnt an overnight recovery, that Jess had to reach rock bottom before she could start getting better. that part was very real and stayed true to real disorders. the unit sounds horrible btw
Mi Opinion:El tema es la anorexia ... una enfermedad que tal vez se toma demasiado a menudo subestimado ... Por qué usted piensa que sólo porque la gente está anoréxica aspiran a ser como algunos modelos de la piel y los huesos, sólo porque a menudo el mensaje de que el medio se dejó pasar la delgadez = belleza ... Pero no sólo eso ... Los problemas que subyacen a la enfermedad (la enfermedad en sÃ) son muy diferentes ... En particular, el protagonista del libro (que es en parte autobiográfica y
Questo libro significa veramente tanto per me perché mi ha cambiato in un modo che neanchio ho ben compreso. Più che altro non ho capito come ha fatto ha cambiarmi. Semplicemente, da un momento allaltro, nella mia mente è scattato qualcosa e mi ha fatto fare esattamente quello che ha fatto anche Jess, la protagonista di questo romanzo. Per spiegarmi meglio, la mia avventura è iniziata come per lei quando allinizio del libro dice: Non saprei dire come è cominciato.Judith Fathallah è stata
In general, this book was great. I was recommended it by a friend and it was a great read and really shone a light on the realities of mental illness. The idea of Jess' anorexia being described as a 'monkey' is a very good way of putting it. I would have rated it five stars, but at times I found the book to be a bit rushed. The main character would go from multiple pages of description about her mental illness to a crucial plot point being described in around a page. However, this book is a


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.