Download Books Online Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1) Free

Share:

Specify Containing Books Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1)

Title:Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1)
Author:Arkady Strugatsky
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 416 pages
Published:2008 by АСТ (first published 1967)
Categories:Science Fiction. Cultural. Russia. Fiction. Dystopia. Literature. Russian Literature
Download Books Online Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1) Free
Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1) Hardcover | Pages: 416 pages
Rating: 4.26 | 4788 Users | 93 Reviews

Interpretation As Books Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1)

Originally published in Russian as Obitaemyi ostrov, translated into English by Helen Saltz Jacobson. First in series, followed by Beetle in the Anthill (original title: Zhuk v Muraveinike), and The Time Wanderers (original title: Volny Gasyat Veter).

The novel is set in the 22nd century of the Noon Universe. Mankind is the prevalent race in the Galaxy, capable of interstellar travel. Human social organization is presumably Communist, and can be described as a highly technologically advanced anarchistic meritocracy.

Details Books During Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1)

Original Title: Обитаемый остров
ISBN: 5170409583 (ISBN13: 9785170409587)
Edition Language: Russian
Series: Максим Каммерер #1, The Noon Universe #6
Characters: Maxim Kammerer, Максим Каммерер

Rating Containing Books Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1)
Ratings: 4.26 From 4788 Users | 93 Reviews

Weigh Up Containing Books Обитаемый остров (Максим Каммерер #1)
A great book, but never ever watch the movie

Funny strange allegorical sci-fi. The best I've read by these guys. Or so I seem to recall. I never quite knew where any of its parts were going, but was always glad when it got there.

If you read this in English, you read the translation of the censored edition. Which explains why the English-language reviews here are not that enthusiastic. The uncensored version is on of the best fiction I have read, good enough for a re-read -- something I do very very rarely. In fact it was even better the second time, when you catch all the little details.This book is like a Russian Babouschka doll, or a box with not one but many false bottoms -- you finally get a bearing of the world in

Hard SciFi with a Strong MessageThere's a part at the beginning of this book - and note that I took this insight from the prologue by Theodore Sturgeon - where the main character Maxim doesn't dip his hand in water because he senses it's radioactive.The average reader thinks either 'how would he know that?' or perhaps 'he probably wouldn't know that, but this is SciFi so I will suspend my disbelief.'But this book, a hundred pages later, explains why Maxim just knows it.That's the Strugatsky

Not my kind of book I found it boring a lot of the times.

If you read this in English, you read the translation of the censored edition. Which explains why the English-language reviews here are not that enthusiastic. The uncensored version is on of the best fiction I have read, good enough for a re-read -- something I do very very rarely. In fact it was even better the second time, when you catch all the little details. This book is like a Russian Babouschka doll, or a box with not one but many false bottoms -- you finally get a bearing of the world in

22nd century communist earth has raised the human being to such heights that even Maxim Kammerer - who has the less than prestigious job of exploring new planets chosen at random - is a virtual superman compared to the unhappy inhabitants of what he comes to think of as his "Undesert Isle" (IMO a better translation of the Russian title Обитаемый остров). Social development there has taken such a bizarre turn that by comparison capitalism looks humane and even fascism not quite so utterly

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.