Download Books Online None of the Above Free

Share:

Details Containing Books None of the Above

Title:None of the Above
Author:I.W. Gregorio
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 328 pages
Published:April 7th 2015 by Balzer + Bray
Categories:LGBT. Young Adult. Contemporary. GLBT. Queer. Fiction
Download Books Online None of the Above  Free
None of the Above Hardcover | Pages: 328 pages
Rating: 3.87 | 12433 Users | 1813 Reviews

Narrative In Pursuance Of Books None of the Above

A groundbreaking story about a teenage girl who discovers she was born intersex... and what happens when her secret is revealed to the entire school. Incredibly compelling and sensitively told, None of the Above is a thought-provoking novel that explores what it means to be a boy, a girl, or something in between.

What if everything you knew about yourself changed in an instant?

When Kristin Lattimer is voted homecoming queen, it seems like another piece of her ideal life has fallen into place. She's a champion hurdler with a full scholarship to college and she's madly in love with her boyfriend. In fact, she's decided that she's ready to take things to the next level with him.

But Kristin's first time isn't the perfect moment she's planned—something is very wrong. A visit to the doctor reveals the truth: Kristin is intersex, which means that though she outwardly looks like a girl, she has male chromosomes, not to mention boy "parts."

Dealing with her body is difficult enough, but when her diagnosis is leaked to the whole school, Kristin's entire identity is thrown into question. As her world unravels, can she come to terms with her new self?

Identify Books During None of the Above

Original Title: None of the Above
ISBN: 0062335316 (ISBN13: 9780062335319)
Edition Language: English
Characters: Kristin Louise Lattimer, Samuel Wilmington, Faith Wu, Vanessa Richardson, Darren Kowalski, Jessica Riley
Setting: New York State(United States)


Rating Containing Books None of the Above
Ratings: 3.87 From 12433 Users | 1813 Reviews

Weigh Up Containing Books None of the Above
Actual rating: 4.5So fantastically informative and eye-opening. I just want to book-push this to everyone. I hope Ilene writes more wonderfully diverse books like this one. Full review tk.

My rating leans a bit more towards 3.75, but 4 will do. I flew through this book, and I really ended up enjoying it! You can tell how much research the author did going into the writing of the book, and that was a high point for me. I felt like the general plot was a bit too high school drama-y for me at times (and the fact that romance was the motivation behind some of Kristin's IMPORTANT decisions was a bummer), but the overarching themes brought it all together for me in the end. The main

... Love isn't a choice. You fall for the person, not their chromosomes. I love walking away from a book learning so much more about people and the world around me. It allows me to peep into the others' lives and backgrounds, understand their struggles and fears. I'm very appreciative of authors who set out to bring awareness to topics such as this one: intersex. I've learned a great deal from Kristen's story and I'm left encouraged by the strength she showed. The biggest con for me was the

I was so disappointed. I read this book, as I am a social worker who has spent almost 29 years working with the population of patients who are intersex or living with a DSD. I had plans for recommending it to my patients, with a similar diagnosis. I am highly unlikely to recommend it to many , if any at all.There were some good points. Most of the population has not heard of intersex, and it is good for them to be educated. The inclusion of encouraging Kristin to connect with the support group

Sometimes, when I read older QUILTBAG books, I get sad thinking of how long queer kids have gone with those books being their only options - books that seem to have sacrificed writing style or believability or realism just so that there would *be* queer books on shelves. Books that could totally destroy a spirit, or make it impossible to believe in happy endings, or gloss over difficulties or sex.To the best of my knowledge, this is the only YA-marketed Intersex book, and it is so, so heartening

(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to HarperCollins and Edelweiss.) Could I please schedule surgery as soon as possible to remove my testicles? This was an emotional story about a girl dealing with bullying, and trying to come to terms with an intersex diagnosis. Did anyone ever mention anything to you about something called androgen insensitivity syndrome or AIS? I really liked Kristin, she was such a sweet girl, and I really felt for her

I received a free copy to review via EdelweissWhen I saw None of the Above, I was excited because I had never heard of a book with an intersex protagonist, and therefore I feel that None of the Above has made a giant leap in the diverse books movement. When I read it, I found it was a moving, raw and emotionally driven novel that tries its very best to stay authentic and provide a relatable intersex character struggling with her identity. I knew very little about being intersex before starting

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.