Point Books To The Three Musketeers (The d'Artagnan Romances #1)
| Original Title: | Les Trois Mousquetaires |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The d'Artagnan Romances #1 |
| Characters: | D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis, Cardinal Richelieu, King Louis XIII, Anne of Austria, Milady de Winter, George Villiers, 1st Duke of Buckingham, Monsieur de Treville |
| Setting: | Paris(France) La Rochelle,1627(France) France |
Alexandre Dumas
Paperback | Pages: 625 pages Rating: 4.07 | 261324 Users | 6311 Reviews

Specify Of Books The Three Musketeers (The d'Artagnan Romances #1)
| Title | : | The Three Musketeers (The d'Artagnan Romances #1) |
| Author | : | Alexandre Dumas |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 625 pages |
| Published | : | February 13th 2001 by Modern Library (first published March 1844) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Paranormal. Thriller. Suspense. Mystery. Short Stories |
Rendition In Favor Of Books The Three Musketeers (The d'Artagnan Romances #1)
Alexandre Dumas’s most famous tale— and possibly the most famous historical novel of all time— in a handsome hardcover volume.This swashbuckling epic of chivalry, honor, and derring-do, set in France during the 1620s, is richly populated with romantic heroes, unattainable heroines, kings, queens, cavaliers, and criminals in a whirl of adventure, espionage, conspiracy, murder, vengeance, love, scandal, and suspense. Dumas transforms minor historical figures into larger- than-life characters: the Comte d’Artagnan, an impetuous young man in pursuit of glory; the beguilingly evil seductress “Milady”; the powerful and devious Cardinal Richelieu; the weak King Louis XIII and his unhappy queen—and, of course, the three musketeers themselves, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, whose motto “all for one, one for all” has come to epitomize devoted friendship. With a plot that delivers stolen diamonds, masked balls, purloined letters, and, of course, great bouts of swordplay, The Three Musketeers is eternally entertaining.
Rating Of Books The Three Musketeers (The d'Artagnan Romances #1)
Ratings: 4.07 From 261324 Users | 6311 ReviewsCritique Of Books The Three Musketeers (The d'Artagnan Romances #1)
Did you know there were 4 musketeers? Did you also know they were not very nice guys? One guy won't let his servant ever speak. One is having an affair with a married woman, and ridicules her for gifts she buys him. Another can't decide whether to have an affair or be a priest, but constantly pinches his ears to make them a more attractive color. Since they don't seem to be paid much to be musketeers they are constantly grifting off of other people. One of their brave deeds is to have breakfastThis is a kick-ass novel, and I am indeed kicking my own ass for not having read it earlier. I'm ashamed to say that I thought it was a children's book. My wife indignantly refuses any responsibility for my mistake... as she points out, it's entirely my fault if I drew the wrong inferences from the fact that her mother read it aloud to her as an eight year old. It turns out, on closer examination of the facts, that Elisabeth's mom must have skipped about a quarter of the text - but I digress.
I DID ITSee my video: https://youtu.be/_TPQV-0ctFs

A young man named D'Artagnan is sent to Paris with three gifts from his father: fifteen crowns, a horse, and a letter of introduction to M. de Treville, a very important person. It is he who commands the king's musketeers. And she will also fall in love with Constance Bonacieux. The Duke of Buckingham will court Queen Anne of France. Since this can not be said publicly about the feelings of one another, she marries the king of France. Anne gives them some diamond pendants as consolation prize
I'm not going to waste more time than necessary for this classic. The problem seems to come from me, since I couldn't follow a lot of the dialog. I couldn't make any sense of what transpired here, especially in the last third of the book.I liked the intrigue with the royal couple of LouisXIII and Anne d'Autruche. And as soon as these historical characters disappeared from the book did my enjoyment evaporate as well. Like I said, I don't want to dwell on this one starred book too much(one for
I thought that Queen Margot couldn't be topped. I should have known better. Honestly, I do not have enough space to fully explain all the ways I adore this book. But I'll try to condense it. -First, the four main characters. Love, love, love, and more love. Aramis and Porthos - the Merry and Pippin of the group, if you'll excuse the extremely dorkish LOTR cross-reference - made me laugh; D'Artagnan was charming even though (or maybe because) he had multiple moments where, were I in the story, I
This is not the most profound of novels, but it may be the most compelling. Many of its sequences--the Diamond Studs, Milady's seduction of Felton, the attempt of D'Artagnan and The Three to rescue Constance--move with remarkable rapidity. More notable than these, however, is the entire exposition, something many novelists have found to be a thankless chore, if not a stumbling block. It occupies a full sixty pages, 10% of the book, and, although it covers much ground--the introduction of our


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.