Download Books Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise Online Free

Share:
Download Books Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise  Online Free
Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise ebook | Pages: 336 pages
Rating: 4.28 | 9728 Users | 954 Reviews

Particularize Containing Books Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise

Title:Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
Author:K. Anders Ericsson
Book Format:ebook
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 336 pages
Published:April 5th 2016 by Eamon Dolan/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Categories:Psychology. Nonfiction. Self Help. Science. Business. Personal Development. Productivity

Rendition In Favor Of Books Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise

"This book is a breakthrough, a lyrical, powerful, science-based narrative that actually shows us how to get better (much better) at the things we care about."--Seth Godin, author of Linchpin

"Anyone who wants to get better at anything should read [ Peak ]. Rest assured that the book is not mere theory. Ericsson's research focuses on the real world, and he explains in detail, with examples, how all of us can apply the principles of great performance in our work or in any other part of our lives."-- Fortune

Anders Ericsson has made a career studying chess champions, violin virtuosos, star athletes, and memory mavens. Peak distills three decades of myth-shattering research into a powerful learning strategy that is fundamentally different from the way people traditionally think about acquiring new abilities. Whether you want to stand out at work, improve your athletic or musical performance, or help your child achieve academic goals, Ericsson's revolutionary methods will show you how to improve at almost any skill that matters to you.

"The science of excellence can be divided into two eras: before Ericsson and after Ericsson. His groundbreaking work, captured in this brilliantly useful book, provides us with a blueprint for achieving the most important and life-changing work possible: to become a little bit better each day."--Dan Coyle, author of The Talent Code

"Ericsson's research has revolutionized how we think about human achievement. If everyone would take the lessons of this book to heart, it could truly change the world."--Joshua Foer, author of Moonwalking with Einstein

Details Books To Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise

Original Title: Peak : secrets from the new science of expertise
ISBN: 0544456254 (ISBN13: 9780544456259)

Rating Containing Books Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
Ratings: 4.28 From 9728 Users | 954 Reviews

Notice Containing Books Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise
I found this read completely fascinating. I am interested in the study of expertise and how people become the best (or really, really good) at something. Not because I want to be the best, but because as a teacher, I want to understand how best to encourage students to become their best possible selves.A few great takeaways from this book:1. If you are unsure if this book is for you, read the introduction. I found it spellbinding (it deals with the idea of "perfect pitch" and questions whether

Everest! There is no vantage point higher on the subject of expert performance than Anders Ericssons lifetime achievement in sharing this book. Through years of deliberate practice in observing what truly sets apart the best from the rest, Ericsson has guided many to new heights of accomplishment through his insights that sparked a paradigm shift of our understanding of experts. The ideas shared in these pages will no doubt help propel countless others for decades to come as they make even

If you want to get better at anything, this book is your starting point.As a sophomore in high school, I remember asking my favorite English teacher if he would sign off on my application to an advanced writing class. The look on his face was shock: mouth open, eyebrows raised. I felt stupid for even asking.Needless to say, I took a general English class my junior year.But I decided I didn't want the other kids to get ahead of me academically. I didn't have that elusive, all-important trait that

The work of Dr Anders Ericsson inspired many authors of whom we got plenty of great books and theories, most prominently the "10,000 Hour Rule" that was first brought to the public attention by author Malcolm Gladwell in his book 'Outliers' which Dr Ericsson in this book explains that It's not really the case and that Gladwell used it intentionally for marketing purposes, and explains in good detail his research that Gladwell based his theory upon!Another author that was inspired by the work of

DNF at 40%.Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise had good intentions, but ultimately lost me by frequently being too long-winded and digressive. Furthermore, as I was listening to the audiobook, I felt like I was hearing reiteration after reiteration of the same ascertainment. Such a pity, as I expected a lot from this book.

If I had to summarize this book in one sentence: A heavy read built around the ideas of deliberate practice and how anyone has the potential to obtain any skill they desire.This book was well researched and used a lot of case studies to demonstrate its ideas. In my opinion, this book may get mixed reviews depending on the type of reader you are;For those who are trying to find straightforward practical advice to help you obtain a skill. You might find this book a bit frustrating as you have to

If youve read Malcom Gladwells book Outliers you would know that much of the research in that book comes from the authors of this book. Since the publication of Gladwells book, Ericsson and Pool have conducted extra research on persistent practice and in this book show off their excellent new research. In the research they spotlight they show that persistent training is the best way to master a skill no matter how difficult it is. The first chapter and last chapter are especially spectacular.

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.