Download Books The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1) For Free

Share:
Download Books The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1) For Free
The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1) Paperback | Pages: 324 pages
Rating: 3.84 | 433 Users | 48 Reviews

Details Books In Favor Of The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1)

ISBN: 0765301539 (ISBN13: 9780765301536)
Edition Language: English
Series: North American Confederacy #1
Characters: American Law Enforcement
Setting: Denver, Colorado,1987(United States)
Literary Awards: Prometheus Award for Best Novel (1982)

Rendition Conducive To Books The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1)

Denver detective Win Bear, on the trail of a murderer, discovers much more than a killer. He accidentally stumbles upon the probability broach, a portal to a myriad of worlds--some wildly different from, others disconcertingly similar to our own. Win finds himself transported to an alternate Earth where Congress is in Colorado, everyone carries a gun, there are gorillas in the Senate, and public services are controlled by private businesses.

Specify Epithetical Books The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1)

Title:The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1)
Author:L. Neil Smith
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Deluxe Edition
Pages:Pages: 324 pages
Published:December 12th 2001 by Orb Books (first published December 12th 1979)
Categories:Science Fiction. Fiction. Alternate History

Rating Epithetical Books The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1)
Ratings: 3.84 From 433 Users | 48 Reviews

Commentary Epithetical Books The Probability Broach (North American Confederacy #1)
Even if I were an Ayn Rand-style libertarian, which I am not, I would still hate this book. In fact, I would hate it a lot more for being such a crappy book claiming to represent my ideas. As it is, I think Ayn Rand is almost completely wrong about everything, so this book didn't personally offend me. It's just an awful book with cardboard characters, stilted dialogue, and a silly plot.

Fund fast read nothing deep texas flavor a bit forulaic but love everyone having guns and women being nice n cool not turboskinkz

Award winning libertarian science fiction. Parallel histories, one of which evolved from different post-1776 events into utopian libertarian society. Thought-provoking & entertaining.

If you're into stuff like this, you can read the full review.Rehashed SF: "Probability Broach" by L. Neil Smith(Original Review, 1980)As for me, conflict of all kinds is a most important part of what I look for in a story. This certainly includes good (or even just "passable") vs evil, so I agree with most people to that extent. But denigrating FOUNTAINS OF PARADISE because it was a classic "engineer vs problem" story seems to show an awfully limited set of preferences. There certainly is

Smith, L. Neil. The Probability Broach. 1980. North American Confederacy No. 1. Orb, 2001. L. Neil Smith has written a libertarian version of American history that shows the clear influence of Robert Heinlein. A Denver policeman stumbles into a portal that transports him to a world in which America has never developed a strong federal government. George Washington was killed in the Whiskey Rebellion and Alexander Hamilton went into hiding before he himself was killed. Jefferson, for some

A great readI've loved this book ever since I read it in paperback when it was first published . Have purchased many copies for all the different e-readers I've owned even though Tor books has a no Drm policy and could read in any of the computers I have owned

I'm sure that someone out there has already titled a review like this "Ron Paul's favorite SF novel!", which would be funny except a) it probably isn't and b) something tells me he doesn't read a whole lot of science-fiction anyway.If that poor attempt at a joke didn't clue you into what you're in for, or for those coming into this via a book that has the front and back cover and the introduction torn out entirely, L Neil Smith is a SF writer that hails from the Libertarian political party,

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.