Define Books In Pursuance Of The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1)
| Original Title: | The Girl at Midnight |
| ISBN: | 038574465X (ISBN13: 9780385744652) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Girl at Midnight #1 |
Melissa Grey
Hardcover | Pages: 357 pages Rating: 3.73 | 8876 Users | 1802 Reviews
Chronicle To Books The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1)
Beneath the streets of New York City live the Avicen, an ancient race of people with feathers for hair and magic running through their veins. Age-old enchantments keep them hidden from all but one human: Echo, a runaway pickpocket who survives by selling stolen treasures on the black market.The Avicen are the only family Echo has ever known, so when a centuries-old war crests on the borders of her home, she decides it’s time to act. Legend has it that to end the conflict once and for all, Echo must find the firebird, a mythical entity believed to possess power the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be no easy task, though if life as a thief has taught Echo anything, it’s how to hunt down what she wants . . . and how to take it.

Describe Epithetical Books The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1)
| Title | : | The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1) |
| Author | : | Melissa Grey |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Anniversary Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 357 pages |
| Published | : | April 28th 2015 by Delacorte Press |
| Categories | : | Fantasy. Young Adult. Magic. Urban Fantasy. Paranormal. Romance. Young Adult Fantasy |
Rating Epithetical Books The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1)
Ratings: 3.73 From 8876 Users | 1802 ReviewsColumn Epithetical Books The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight #1)
More reviews on my blog, Exploring Pages."She had gone to the library in search for hope, but what she'd found instead was a child. It would take her many years to realize that the two were not so different after all." Melissa Grey, The Girl at MidnightThank you Delacorte Press for providing me with an advanced reading copy for review.Actual rating: 4.5 starsHow to start a review of a book one loved so much? I was already convinced of Melissa Grey's writing and talent after I read the magicalI want to thank Delacorte Press for providing me with a copy of this book to read and give an honest review. Receiving this book for free has in no way altered my opinion or review.Until recently I have not been a fan of fantasy. I've always found it starts so slow because you really need to be brought into the world and that takes a lot of building. But I can see that when the world building is done right, it's not slow. It's a burn that builds and gives you exactly what you need.Echo has grown
Basically, what this book boils down to is mathematics. I hate maths, but that's not the point. I didn't hate this book at all. This book was fine. But I can't write a wall of text for it because honestly, it all comes down to basic addition and division, and remember vectors? Dude, I had no idea what they were talking about with vectors. To this day I couldn't tell you what they are, except that they're also the things that Lucy from Elfen Lied used to fuck shit up in small-town Japan.So here's

What did I think?Hmm. Okay. Well...I fucking loved it.They said this is a mix of Shadow and Bone and Daughter of Smoke and Bone, both series that I absolutely LOVED (even tough the latter series didn't exactly turn out the way I wanted it to, but it still a favourite). And man, were they ever right. Because, you know, sometimes when a book is claiming to be just like another popular series, they turn out to be totally wrong and it just doesn't make any sense.ANYWAYS. Like I was saying, I loved
I actually really enjoyed this book. It sucked me in very quickly- from the very first paragraph, I knew I was going to like the story. It was very vibrant and beautifully written...and I love love loved the characters. I recommend this to anyone who is looking for a light but enticing whimsical experience. I'd recommend diving into the plot without any hints about the story.I've heard this book compared many times to 'Daughter of Smoke and Bone'. While they are definitely similar- I think this
This book is so cool and so amazingly written. There's so many quotes from this book that I want to paint on my walls or something. The concept is awesome. It reminded me a lot of Daughter of Smoke and Bone but I was still stuck to the pages. I loved the characters. Echo is awesome and she kicks so much butt. I found a lot of the characters to be engaging and really interesting. I liked how the romance was well paced and developed naturally. That was one of my favorite things about this book.
(I got a copy through NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.)I really wanted to like this book, all the more since I had loved Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but there's a fine line between "if you liked this, you'll like that as well" and "it's so similar you get to wonder where one ends and the other begins". Not very original. Same comment regarding the comparison with the Shadowhunters series (which isn't so original to start with, but that's another story). As a result, I kept being


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.