The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6) 
Welcome to Cold Mountain Penitentiary, home to the Depression-worn men of E Block. Convicted killers all, each awaits his turn to walk the Green Mile, keeping a date with "Old Sparky," Cold Mountain's electric chair. Prison guard Paul Edgecombe has seen his share of oddities in his years working the Mile. But he's never seen anyone like John Coffey, a man with the body of a giant and the mind of a child, condemned for a crime terrifying in its violence and shocking in its depravity. In this place of ultimate retribution, Edgecombe is about to discover the terrible, wondrous truth about Coffey, a truth that will challenge his most cherished beliefes... and yours.
I just love Mr. Jingles!!!🐯👍
This was undoubtedly one of the best books I have ever read and I enjoyed it even more than I expected (and I had set the bar super high!). This was also the most horrible book I have ever read - but in the best possible way!Not a single sentence was unneccessary; I enjoyed every scene and interaction.The main character was wonderfully developed - he really seemed like a real person and at times it was hard for me to forget that he's just fictional. It was easy to forget that all of this was

[Reviewed in 2003.:]Have you ever read a book and been so affected by it that it moved you to tears? I just finished reading The Green Mile by Stephen King and I sat there tearing every few pages or so. It's incredible - the emotion, the feelings... Just the starkness of what's presented. It's a prison story, but moves beyond that, touching on naked human sensibilities, on basic human emotions. Ugh. I am really bad at reviews.What I can talk about, however, is the emotions that the books caused
Whenever I mention to people that Stephen King is one of my favorite authors and that they should read more of his work, sometimes I get that "look". So many times he's dismissed into the "genre ghetto" as a popular horror writer and not a gifted writer of "literary" fiction. It frustrates me, because many people have no idea how gifted of a writer he truly is and how versatile he is. Obviously these same people have never read his novellas in the collection Different Seasons, or The Dead Zone,
Deserve more than 5 stars
I'm a huge fan of Stephen King and The Green Mile has got to be one of the best novels he has ever written. In fact, it's one of the best novels I have ever read in my entire life and a great piece of literature to boot!The novel is simply amazing. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down! It is very beautifully written and extremely moving at times. The plot is original, gripping and heart-breaking. All the characters had depth, and were vivid, intriguing, and believable. The story is told so
Stephen King
Paperback | Pages: 592 pages Rating: 4.44 | 235864 Users | 7007 Reviews

Details Containing Books The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6)
| Title | : | The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6) |
| Author | : | Stephen King |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Six Volume Box Set |
| Pages | : | Pages: 592 pages |
| Published | : | September 1st 1996 by Penguin Signet (first published 1996) |
| Categories | : | Young Adult. Fantasy. Paranormal. Romance. Ghosts |
Explanation During Books The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6)
When it first appeared, one volume per month, Stephen King's THE GREEN MILE was an unprecedented publishing triumph: all six volumes ended up on the New York Times bestseller lists—simultaneously—and delighted millions of fans the world over.Welcome to Cold Mountain Penitentiary, home to the Depression-worn men of E Block. Convicted killers all, each awaits his turn to walk the Green Mile, keeping a date with "Old Sparky," Cold Mountain's electric chair. Prison guard Paul Edgecombe has seen his share of oddities in his years working the Mile. But he's never seen anyone like John Coffey, a man with the body of a giant and the mind of a child, condemned for a crime terrifying in its violence and shocking in its depravity. In this place of ultimate retribution, Edgecombe is about to discover the terrible, wondrous truth about Coffey, a truth that will challenge his most cherished beliefes... and yours.
List Books As The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6)
| Original Title: | The Green Mile |
| ISBN: | 0451933028 (ISBN13: 9780451933027) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | The Green Mile #1-6 |
| Characters: | John Coffey, Paul Edgecomb, Percy Wetmore, American Law Enforcement, Brutus Howell |
| Setting: | Louisiana(United States) |
| Literary Awards: | Bram Stoker Award for Best Novel (1996), Audie Award for Fiction, Unabridged (1997) |
Rating Containing Books The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6)
Ratings: 4.44 From 235864 Users | 7007 ReviewsCriticism Containing Books The Green Mile (The Green Mile #1-6)
★★★★/5Very interesting and thought provoking book. It's certainly a story that really consumes you and then you start reading it you can put it down. In my opinion, it had a few issues, but overall great writing and story itself deserve readers' attention.I just love Mr. Jingles!!!🐯👍
This was undoubtedly one of the best books I have ever read and I enjoyed it even more than I expected (and I had set the bar super high!). This was also the most horrible book I have ever read - but in the best possible way!Not a single sentence was unneccessary; I enjoyed every scene and interaction.The main character was wonderfully developed - he really seemed like a real person and at times it was hard for me to forget that he's just fictional. It was easy to forget that all of this was

[Reviewed in 2003.:]Have you ever read a book and been so affected by it that it moved you to tears? I just finished reading The Green Mile by Stephen King and I sat there tearing every few pages or so. It's incredible - the emotion, the feelings... Just the starkness of what's presented. It's a prison story, but moves beyond that, touching on naked human sensibilities, on basic human emotions. Ugh. I am really bad at reviews.What I can talk about, however, is the emotions that the books caused
Whenever I mention to people that Stephen King is one of my favorite authors and that they should read more of his work, sometimes I get that "look". So many times he's dismissed into the "genre ghetto" as a popular horror writer and not a gifted writer of "literary" fiction. It frustrates me, because many people have no idea how gifted of a writer he truly is and how versatile he is. Obviously these same people have never read his novellas in the collection Different Seasons, or The Dead Zone,
Deserve more than 5 stars
I'm a huge fan of Stephen King and The Green Mile has got to be one of the best novels he has ever written. In fact, it's one of the best novels I have ever read in my entire life and a great piece of literature to boot!The novel is simply amazing. Once I started it, I couldn't put it down! It is very beautifully written and extremely moving at times. The plot is original, gripping and heart-breaking. All the characters had depth, and were vivid, intriguing, and believable. The story is told so


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.