Download How to Be a Woman Books Online

Share:

Itemize Books During How to Be a Woman

Original Title: How to Be a Woman
ISBN: 0091940737 (ISBN13: 9780091940737)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.how-tobeawoman.com/
Literary Awards: Galaxy National Book Award for More4 popular Non-Fiction Book of the Year (2011), Goodreads Choice Award Nominee for Humor (2012)
Download How to Be a Woman  Books Online
How to Be a Woman Paperback | Pages: 312 pages
Rating: 3.73 | 95097 Users | 8434 Reviews

Explanation In Pursuance Of Books How to Be a Woman

Though they have the vote and the Pill and haven't been burned as witches since 1727, life isn't exactly a stroll down the catwalk for modern women. They are beset by uncertainties and questions: Why are they supposed to get Brazilians? Why do bras hurt? Why the incessant talk about babies? And do men secretly hate them? Caitlin Moran interweaves provocative observations on women's lives with laugh-out-loud funny scenes from her own, from adolescence to her development as a writer, wife, and mother.

Identify Epithetical Books How to Be a Woman

Title:How to Be a Woman
Author:Caitlin Moran
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 312 pages
Published:June 16th 2011 by Ebury Press
Categories:Nonfiction. Feminism. Autobiography. Memoir. Humor. Biography

Rating Epithetical Books How to Be a Woman
Ratings: 3.73 From 95097 Users | 8434 Reviews

Weigh Up Epithetical Books How to Be a Woman
"When the subject turns to abortion, cosmetic intervention, birth, motherhood, sex, love, work, misogyny, fear, or just how you feel in your own skin, women still often won't tell the truth to each other unless they are very, very drunk." Caitlin Moran is right. Nowadays, you DO have to be drunk. The last time I heard a female friend relate anything even remotely personal was when L. had too much wine at book club and really tore into her deadbeat ex-husband. (Seriously, you earn $98,000 a

Quite an uneven reading experience, a fault I largely blame on the marketing of this book. How to Be a Woman is touted as basically "Feminism--now with jokes!" And that's a concept that I could get onboard with. I would consider myself a feminist, I would consider myself moderately amusing at times, and I would consider myself a fan of Caitlin Moran's white streak in her wild mane--a bit reminiscent of the 90's version of Rogue. So, yes, let's do this! I want to feel empowered as a woman, I want

This is an abridged review. You can read the full thing here. Also, I demoted it by one star because while I was writing the review, I got to further reflect on (and remember!) all the reasons this book pissed me off so much in the first place. It's pretty bad.The thought of this book serving as anyone's introduction to feminism horrifies me.Let's start with Moran's take on a subject near and dear to my heart, women's history:Even the most ardent feminist historian...can't conceal that women

Part memoir, part rant, this is my second Moran read and yet again she's left me feeling inspired and empowered, determined to be just a little bit better at being me.

EDITING TO ADD: If you are here to tell me that Moron was just being "funny" or "ironic" or any other word meant to belittle my take on Moron's interview and thus insinuate that I just don't get it and I am pearl clutching:GET THE FUCK OFF MY GOODREADS REVIEW. And go drip your Moron apologia somewhere else. I lived in the UK, I understand Moron's "humour" quite well, and I still think she's a fuckwit poor ass excuse for a feminist. As are her attack fans. So buh-bye and better luck proselytizing

I think it's pretty safe to say that this book wasn't written for me. Caitlin Moran's columns have always been a bit hit or miss for me but when she's on, she's a witty storyteller with some interesting points to make. She's no groundbreaking pantheon of feminist wisdom, but she's definitely a valuable, and often hilarious, ally. Her book was something I approached with hesitation since several published extracts had left me scratching my head, but with her upcoming scheduled appearance at the

After following Caitlin Moran on Twitter for a couple of years now I thought it was eventually time to read one of her books. Well, that was one of my better ideas.This can be labelled as a sort of feminist memoir and oh lord, is it good. Moran's witty, truthful, and journalistic prose makes reading this memoir a treat. A big feminist treat. Like Simone de Beauvoir belting a rendition of Beyoncé's Freakum Dress while riding on the back of an all-fours Jeanette Winterson. Her unparalleled

No comments

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.