Identify Out Of Books A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5)
| Title | : | A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5) |
| Author | : | Agatha Christie |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Agatha Christie Collection |
| Pages | : | Pages: 288 pages |
| Published | : | September 30th 2006 by Black Dog & Leventhal Publishers (first published June 1950) |
| Categories | : | Mystery. Fiction. Crime. Classics. Detective. Thriller. Mystery Thriller. European Literature. British Literature |
Agatha Christie
Hardcover | Pages: 288 pages Rating: 3.99 | 42330 Users | 2093 Reviews
Rendition During Books A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5)
A murder is announced in a small-town newspaper advertisement—and Miss Marple must unravel the fiendish puzzle when a crime does indeed occur.The villagers of Chipping Cleghorn are agog with curiosity when the Gazette advertises “A murder is announced and will take place on Friday, October 29th, at Little Paddocks at 6.30 p.m.”
A childish practical joke? Or a spiteful hoax? Unable to resist the mysterious invitation, the locals arrive at Little Paddocks at the appointed time when, without warning, the lights go out and a gun is fired. When they come back on, a gruesome scene is revealed. An impossible crime? Only Miss Marple can unravel it.

Particularize Books Conducive To A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5)
| Original Title: | A Murder Is Announced |
| ISBN: | 1579126294 (ISBN13: 9781579126292) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Miss Marple #5 |
| Characters: | Miss Marple |
| Setting: | United Kingdom Little Paddocks(United Kingdom) |
Rating Out Of Books A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5)
Ratings: 3.99 From 42330 Users | 2093 ReviewsPiece Out Of Books A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple #5)
I prefer Poirot-novels to Marple ones, but this book has always been in the Top 5 on my Agatha Christie favourites list. This time I actually put myself the question "why". It is NOT because of the investigation or the solution of the crime, even though it is very well done in the classic Agatha Christie style: red herrings are there to lead you astray; real clues are hidden in plain sight and yet elude you completely. The answer is characterization, which is perfect: concise and revealing. DameThis Review ✍ Blog 📖 Twitter 🐦 Instagram 📷 Of course, if youve made up your mind about it, youll find an answer to everything. 🌟 Agathas book are my escape into the crime world when I want something I am pretty sure I will like! This is my second book in the Miss Marple series and I definitely liked it more than the first but I think I am a bigger fan of Poirot as he is more involved in the crime usually!🌟 The idea of this book is that a murder is announced in the local newspaper and people
Taken from my blog post: https://clsiewert.wordpress.com/2014/...I grew up on Christie. At the time, I was limited to whatever my local library branch physically had on the shelves, so it took awhile to work my way through her bibliography, and even now, Im not sure Ive read all of her books. There was that pesky problem of British and American editions with separate titles, leaving me hopelessly confused about what Ive read. Thankfully, A Murder is Announced had the same title in both editions,

Really enjoyed this one! Agatha Christie at her best.
A Miss Marple story which has "delicious death" as its central plot. Once again Agatha Christie comes up with a superb plot for her 50th novel. The beginning i quite different from her other stories but intriguing. Though limited to a few characters, the reader is left guessing till the end who the murderer was. Delightful read
Here is the book that made me guess the murderer for the first time ever. It's a classic and not a dime novel, and I'm glad for that. Other people too have guessed correctly and in hindsight I must say that the finale, with Miss Marple hiding and using her voice, is slightly artificial, clumsy and forced. Nevertheless most of the book is vintage Christie, and this book pushed me to read more and all of the Marpel stories. P.S Miss Murgatroyd and Hinchcliffe are "the L word".


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.