Details Books In Pursuance Of The Nightingale
| Original Title: | The Nightingale |
| ISBN: | 0312577222 (ISBN13: 9780312577223) |
| Edition Language: | English URL https://kristinhannah.com/books/the-nightingale/ |
| Characters: | Vianne Mauriac, Isabelle Rossignol |
| Setting: | Paris,1939(France) Loire Valley,1939(France) Pyrenees,1939 …more Oregon Coast,1995(United States) Carriveau(France) Portland, Oregon,1995(United States) Ravensbrück(Germany) Paris,1995(France) …less |
| Literary Awards: | Audie Award for Fiction (2016), Goodreads Choice Award for Historical Fiction (2015) and Nominee for Best of the Best (2018), International Dublin Literary Award Nominee (2017) |
Kristin Hannah
Hardcover | Pages: 440 pages Rating: 4.57 | 606867 Users | 58583 Reviews

Present Of Books The Nightingale
| Title | : | The Nightingale |
| Author | : | Kristin Hannah |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | Deluxe Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 440 pages |
| Published | : | February 3rd 2015 by St. Martin's Press |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. War. World War II. Audiobook. Adult |
Narration As Books The Nightingale
In love we find out who we want to be.In war we find out who we are.
FRANCE, 1939
In the quiet village of Carriveau, Vianne Mauriac says goodbye to her husband, Antoine, as he heads for the Front. She doesn’t believe that the Nazis will invade France…but invade they do, in droves of marching soldiers, in caravans of trucks and tanks, in planes that fill the skies and drop bombs upon the innocent. When a German captain requisitions Vianne’s home, she and her daughter must live with the enemy or lose everything. Without food or money or hope, as danger escalates all around them, she is forced to make one impossible choice after another to keep her family alive.
Vianne’s sister, Isabelle, is a rebellious eighteen-year-old girl, searching for purpose with all the reckless passion of youth. While thousands of Parisians march into the unknown terrors of war, she meets Gäetan, a partisan who believes the French can fight the Nazis from within France, and she falls in love as only the young can…completely. But when he betrays her, Isabelle joins the Resistance and never looks back, risking her life time and again to save others.
With courage, grace and powerful insight, bestselling author Kristin Hannah captures the epic panorama of WWII and illuminates an intimate part of history seldom seen: the women’s war. The Nightingale tells the stories of two sisters, separated by years and experience, by ideals, passion and circumstance, each embarking on her own dangerous path toward survival, love, and freedom in German-occupied, war-torn France–a heartbreakingly beautiful novel that celebrates the resilience of the human spirit and the durability of women. It is a novel for everyone, a novel for a lifetime.
Rating Of Books The Nightingale
Ratings: 4.57 From 606867 Users | 58583 ReviewsRate Of Books The Nightingale
Kristin Hannah is a pro in the chick-lit genre, and I applaud her efforts to break into historical fiction with The Nightingale. Unfortunately, I cannot say that I loved the result. When I read historical fiction in a war setting, I expect a certain rawness that just wasn't delivered here. Yes, she included historically accurate descriptions of carnage, but the tone was destroyed with a barrage of trite elements. The two main characters happen to be beautiful, irresistible, young sisters withIt was the comparisons to All the Light We Cannot See that attracted me to The Nightingale. Though both novels are set during WW2 the similarities for me stopped there. All the Light is a magical novel electric with beautiful resounding prose and refined artistry; The Nightingale is a novel motored essentially by cliché and exaggeration. Clichéd writing isnt just resorting continually to stock phrases (though Hannah does this a lot); its also straining for tension through exaggeration to the
I'm not sure what I can say about this book that hasn't already been said, but the quality and sheer excellence to this story blew my mind. I'm not typically a fan of historical fiction, which is likely why I've avoided it for so long, but once this was described to me as "historical fiction light" I felt it was safe to take a gamble on it. When we decided for this to be the Suspenseful Clues and Thrilling Reviews September book choice, I was nervous because WHAT IF I HATED THIS BELOVED BOOK?!

Thank you for saving me the time of writing a review as you have captured it all here. Only grateful that I didnt buy the book and only borrowed it
I actually really loved this book. But at the same time I love your review. I have 0 knowledge on snow climate, very limited knowledge on the time
I almost didn't read this book and it would have been my loss if I didn't, because I would have missed out on knowing Isabel and Vianne , and the story of their indescribable bravery and volition to save lives in their roles in the French Resistance during WWII. Oh I know this is a work of fiction and these two women are characters in a novel . But I also know as history tells us there were real men and women risking their lives doing the very same things Isabel and Vianne did . A recent article


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.