Be Specific About Books As The Oath
| Original Title: | The Oath |
| ISBN: | 1595541896 (ISBN13: 9781595541895) |
| Edition Language: | English |

Frank E. Peretti
Paperback | Pages: 656 pages Rating: 4.07 | 25685 Users | 891 Reviews
Mention Of Books The Oath
| Title | : | The Oath |
| Author | : | Frank E. Peretti |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 656 pages |
| Published | : | April 8th 2007 by HarperCollins Thomas Nelson (first published 1995) |
| Categories | : | Fiction. Christian. Horror. Christian Fiction. Thriller. Fantasy |
Narration Conducive To Books The Oath
An ancient sin. A long forgotten oath. A town with a deadly secret. Something sinister is at work in Hyde River, an isolated mining town in the mountains of the Pacific Northwest. Something evil. Under the cover of darkness, a predator strikes without warning--taking life in the most chilling and savage fashion.The community of Hyde River watches in terror as residents suddenly vanish. Yet the more locals are pressed for information, the more they close ranks, sworn to secrecy by their forefathers' hidden sins.
Only when Hyde River's secrets are exposed is the true extent of the danger fully revealed. What the town discovers is something far more deadly than anything they'd imagined. Something that doesn't just stalk its victims, but has the power to turn hearts black with decay as it slowly fills their souls with darkness.
Rating Of Books The Oath
Ratings: 4.07 From 25685 Users | 891 ReviewsAssessment Of Books The Oath
I really enjoyed this book, it was a pretty great thriller that kept me thinking.It didn't read as fast as I would have liked, it did take me a little while to get through it, but it's also a nice chunk of tree to put on ones bookshelf, so I suppose that makes sense.It certainly does a good job of keeping you on your toes and your heart racing, especially in the beginning and the last half. I mean, the hero is hunting a freaking invisible being that marks people in a way that causes them to goHrm...Let me just begin with the fact that I was not happy with this book. It began well. It had a very enveloping premise and I poured through half of it in half a school day (yes, it was so engrossing of a beginning that I read it during class). However, I was thoroughly disappointed with the climax. Do you mean to tell me that the heart of this supposed thriler/mystery is this demonic embodiment of sin in the form of a black draconic crocodilian? And do you mean to tell me that all you have
I found this book at a campsite in the mountains of Wyoming...expecting it to be a horror novel about murder in the mountains.... Turned out to be a horror novel with an evil monster lurking in the mountains. Needless to say, when I got to the end, all of the pages were ripped out. So I had to wait until the next day to go to the library to finish the last fifty pages. Damn that mountain man that used the ending of the book to keep the fire alive...

Frank Peretti, The Oath (Word, 1995)I got this a few years back from my mother as a Christmas present. I pointed out to her that Peretti is widely known as a Christian author (one would think that the book's publisher, who also releases books by folks like Billy Graham, would have been a giveaway there), and her response was "it certainly doesn't sound like Christian fiction. It sounds like Stephen King." And Frank Peretti is, without doubt, the Christian version of Mr. King, both in subject
At first I was not real sure about reading this book due to an attempt to read another from this author that I was unable to finish. It made me just a little leary. I must say though, I was not disappointed with The Oath at all. It is very well written and it had all the suspence, thiller, chills and excitement that I love to read. There were points that I had a hard time putting it down.I have to say though, if you dont like Christian fiction, then you will probably not like this book as you
Definitely one of my all time favorite books! I love F. Peretti's writing style! Usually his books have me captivated from the very first chapter and keep me captivated even late through the night (Something I really try not to do for my family's sake. Mommy-zombie is someone I try to avoid to be at all costs!). This book has all I love in a good suspense book: ancient mystery, supernatural stuff, realistic setting and characters, a great Christian message and even a dragon!
Really good. Really creepy, but really good.I won't say too much, since this book is hard to explain without giving spoilers, but I will say that The Oath is a deep, thought-provoking novel with a theme that sticks with you long after you've read the final page. It's creepy, as in don't-read-before-bed creepy, and is definitely not a fun, light read. But I love how Frank Peretti isn't afraid to include overt Christian themes in his books. *Content Note: two characters have sex outside of


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.