Details Regarding Books Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant #2)
| Title | : | Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant #2) |
| Author | : | Bodie Thoene |
| Book Format | : | Paperback |
| Book Edition | : | Special Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 392 pages |
| Published | : | April 1st 2005 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published October 1st 1989) |
| Categories | : | Historical. Historical Fiction. Christian Fiction. Fiction. Christian |

Bodie Thoene
Paperback | Pages: 392 pages Rating: 4.41 | 6419 Users | 187 Reviews
Narrative As Books Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant #2)
I wrote to the author and asked:why do you use real character names (such as Winston Churchill) and change names of other characters (Craine & his castle clearly refer to William Herst)?
----------------------------
their response:
Dear Becky:
Good question! When we have interviews with real people who met historical characters (like Churchill) then we are comfortable using real names. When the setting involves hear-say reports or is purely fictional (even if realistic and true to character) then we change the names. It's one of the requirements we impose on ourselves to keep the history as accurate and reliable as possible.
Blessings,
Bodie and Brock
------------------------------------------
anyway, I thought it was really good that they were trying to be historically accurate and not going overboard with creative license when it comes to actual people in history.
Specify Books During Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant #2)
| Original Title: | Prague Counterpoint |
| ISBN: | 1414301081 (ISBN13: 9781414301082) |
| Edition Language: | English |
| Series: | Zion Covenant #2 |
| Setting: | Vienna,1938(Austria) Prague (Praha),1938(Czech Republic) Czechoslovakia,1938 …more Paris,1938(France) …less |
Rating Regarding Books Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant #2)
Ratings: 4.41 From 6419 Users | 187 ReviewsCritique Regarding Books Prague Counterpoint (Zion Covenant #2)
I enjoyed this historical fiction also. It really helped with an understanding of pre- WWII. It was clearly evident from the book, people Like Otto, Leah, John and Eliza who was instrumental in helping ,did a marvelous Job to twist Hilter plan. I liked Otto character and it really boosted the book ratings.Lovely to read the background of characters I was familiar with from the Thoenes' other series. Well written and page-turner, as usual.
I appreciated the historical research and backdrop presented in this story and how it occasionally left the main characters to show a key scene in history with Churchill, Hitler and/or Franklin. Kudos for how well this was laid out.The story itself was pretty good too, with a lot of plot and/or action happening. More of a "Hallmark Movie" feel to it, so possessing a somewhat predictable story-line with a leading female who's obviously gorgeous and a few love quadrangles thrown in, of course.

I read this whole series several years ago. Each book was so well written. I was captivated by the characters, their stories and struggles. It was this series that really peaked by love for historical fiction.
I really enjoyed this second book in this series. Well written and again I was left feeling very connected to the characters:) Not only was I thoroughly engrossed in the story but this has been a great way for me to learn some of the history of the days leading up to WWII. Tough time to live!
Lovely to read the background of characters I was familiar with from the Thoenes' other series. Well written and page-turner, as usual.
this is a fascinating series of WW2 - more like an exciting personal accounting from several individuals.


No comments
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.